• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Home Beta Signup Emails

careksims said:
Damn didn't get it :{ Well there will be another one that allows more. Hopefully I'll get into that one.

It will supposedly open up to more and more people over the summer until it officially launches.

calder

:( No love here. I had registered my PS3 (and PS2) on PSU, and been a member of the PSU since 2003 after some beta or something was announced for PS2, but no luck. I'm not in that GAP though, never was invited to that.

deadbeef

Awwww man... I never did verify my system with PSU.

Done now, but it's probably too late. *grumble grumble*

Whelp, hope you beta testers work out the bugs and kinks for the rest of us, suckers!
::jealousy::

jiggle

The ppl that saids they're in, did u mean Sony sent u a confirmation email saying you are?
Or that you signed up?

BirdFlu

Banned
I remember hearing about PSU a long time ago. Wish I would've hopped on it when I did sigh

Oh well, at least now I've got everything registered and set to go for the future

Salmonax

snack said:
So I if I understand this correctly, they are sending out emails to people that have been chosen to enter to be chosen for the beta. Wow.
Yep. It seems like Sony either didn't capture the right information the first time around or needed to adjust their legalese.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I signed up. I really hope I'll be among the selected Canadians. It's not like there's too many of us here that they can chose from anyways :p

Oni Jazar

Stench said:
crosseyed.jpg

SCEE is the developer.

I hope the HOME beta is available quick for you guys. I can't wait to hear impressions.

Before we all start. I think we need to set some rules (I hope Mods agree with what im about to say). These rules will be active (hopefully) as of now, until the Home Beta testing is complete and the restrictions between the testers have been lifted (Estimated time = September - November).

1. Those who signed up are now under NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement. Yes. It was the HUGE Page that you all skipped and click on "I Agree"). If you get in, you will NOT and you should NOT say anything about approval of Home Beta. Doing so is direct violation of the NDA and not only will Sony 's lawyers knock on your door, but you will be permabanned from NeoGAF.

2. No PMs about Home Beta sign-up page. Anyone doing so will be reported by the respective user, and shall be permabanned from NeoGAF.

3. No peer pressure i.e. "Hey! take some pics!! Tell us how Home is!!! OMG! Can you invite friends to your Home!! Send me you PSN ID!!". Anyone doing so shall be permabanned from NeoGAF, and anyone contributing to it (as in "Hey! here's the link! ENJOY!!") shall be permabanned as well.

Let me know if everyone is fine with these set of rules (espacially the mods), cause this will make this place less chaotic.

shagg_187 said:
Before we all start. I think we need to set some rules (I hope Mods agree with what im about to say).

1. Those who signed up are now under NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement. Yes. It was the HUGE Page that you all skipped and click on "I Agree"). If you get in, you will NOT and you should NOT say anything about approval of Home Beta. Doing so is direct violation of the NDA and not only will Sony 's lawyers knock on your door, but you will be permabanned from NeoGAF.

2. No PMs about Home Beta sign-up page. Anyone doing so will be reported by the respective user, and shall be permabanned from NeoGAF.

3. No peer pressure i.e. "Hey! take some pics!! Tell us how Home is!!! OMG! Can you invite friends to your Home!! Send me you PSN ID!!". Anyone doing so shall be permabanned from NeoGAF, and anyone contributing to it (as in "Hey! here's the link! ENJOY!!") shall be permabanned as well.

Let me know if everyone is fine with these set of rules (espacially the mods), cause this will make this place less chaotic.

guy_goma_dot_com.gif

shagg_187 said:
Before we all start. I think we need to set some rules (I hope Mods agree with what im about to say). These rules will be active (hopefully) as of now, until the Home Beta testing is complete and the restrictions between the testers have been lifted (Estimated time = September - November).

what the hell is wrong with you

Aeon712

Nothing even in my spam folder, If I don't get an email by the time Lost is over then I don't think I'm getting one :(. Sony what did I ever do to piss you off :'(

USC-fan

Banned
shagg_187 said:

i'm not okay with these rules.....

tambourine said:

lol. Man, i am dead serious. This place will get chaotic within a few days, and considering so many new members got accepted to NeoGAF, it'll be a matter of time before people start going crazy and flood this place with "OMG! HOW DOES HOME LOOK LIKE" or "F-U SONY!! I DIDNT GET IN!!"

time to contact Bishoptl... if he doesn't agree then ill zip it.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
shagg_187 said:

:lol

shagg_187 said:
lol. Man, i am dead serious. This place will get chaotic within a few days, and considering so many new members got accepted to NeoGAF, it'll be a matter of time before people start going crazy and flood this place with "OMG! HOW DOES HOME LOOK LIKE" or "F-U SONY!! I DIDNT GET IN!!"

Sounds like E3 at GAF and since were not having a proper E3 this year, I'm all for it.

kassatsu

Banned
man... I am GAP with registered ps3 and I didn't get an email T___T

EDIT: is the GAP site down for anyone else as well?

careksims

Aeon712 said:
Nothing even in my spam folder, If I don't get an email by the time Lost is over then I don't think I'm getting one :(. Sony what did I ever do to piss you off :'(

I'm hoping the same thing lol! I feel your pain!

djkimothy

Anyways. FYI. I didn't register my PS3 with PSU but I am part of GAP and received the email. I'm also a Canadian...

Just to give you and idea of your chances of getting an email.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
shagg_187 said:

whoa. ok

M3Freak

Banned
Aeon712 said:
You are no longer allowed to talk to me in Resistance :(.
JK

You didn't get yours? That's too bad.

However, if Sony is sending emails out to thousands of possible beta testers, their email campaign software is most likely sending out the emails in batches. Maybe you GAP guys will just get yours a bit later.

deadbeef

shagg_187 said:

The terms of service for NeoGAF don't really touch on breaking any NDA (that I can see), so I'm not sure if these rules jive with the board rules.

kassatsu

Banned
Are all these people that got emails in EST/CST? Wondering if they are doing it by time zone, so the server isnt raped as hard.

zoku88

kassatsu said:
Are all these people that got emails in EST/CST? Wondering if they are doing it by time zone,

So the server isnt raped as hard.
I remember some ppl from the PST timezone got e-mails.

Crypto

Banned
I'm in EST, but I got the email the second I finished registering my PS3 on there.

PSU member since 2004
GAP member since 2005 (which I have no idea how I got in).

jjasper

Well damn I didn't get one. I guess it doesn't help that I am a GAP member but my e-mail address for it is different than the one I use for my PSN and I don't have any of my systems registered

M3Freak

Banned
shagg_187 said:

Actually, I read that thing before I checked off "I Agree". I always read those things.

While I don't remember the exact wording, the agreement said Beta testers can't talk about the Home beta test to anyone except family, friends, and other Home beta testers. Beta testers aren't allowed to talk to anyone from the competition, which likely means Nintendo and MS.

So, Home beta news will be out there, but according to that agreement, Beta guys won't be able to post shit about it here (because there will be no way to know if the people reading are from the "competition").

Top Bottom