• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeless-age

Status
Not open for further replies.
soultron said:
Come into the Boston Pizza on Main Street West. Tell one of the managers you know Anthony/Tony.

I will recommend you. They're looking for dudes to hire for September.

EDIT: I can try to help you out, dude.

I will go there tomorrow. Thank you.

Edit: He told me he never wanted kids, and feels no obligation as a parent. I do not abuse substances. I used to smoke a little pot, but I never paid for it. I had a friend who would hook me up if I wanted some. I drink occasionally, but never to get wasted. My idea of a crazy weekend was maybe a couple beers and a little gaming, maybe reading, or playing my acoustic guitar. If I have to sell it, it will break my heart.

FreezeSSC

Well what i would do, apply for a student loan and take some bullshit classes this semester so that you qualify for them, get housing and finish school. sure you might get some debt from taking the loans but there are plenty of people out there that graduate with more than $20,000+ in debt from studen loans!

El Papa

ClosingADoor said:
The fuck dude, really? He has almost graduated, but the courses are not offered until next year. His dad is a selfish asshole.

I really don't know how to help you OP. As the others have said, try contacting some councilors at school, see if they can help out. Call up relatives and friends, I'm sure one of them agrees to letting you stay for at least a day or two. Maybe a church will give you a place to sleep otherwise?
The bolded is a great idea. Some churches have a college outreach group on campuses, see if they can help you out for a few days at least. Otherwise, you can try staying in a hostel.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Silent_Echo said:
And not every kid lives up to their potential. Sounds like more the case here. Let's look at what he says...

Says he has no job, and is/was finishing college. Apparently he didn't hold up his end of whatever his dad's offer was. I'm guessing part of the offer was him staying in school, which looks like he didn't do. Plus no job to help with bills, and probably squandering his financial aid money on dumb shit like Steam downloads like his post history suggests.

I'm glad you're not my dad.

soultron

Banned
HurricaneJesus said:
I will go there tomorrow. Thank you.
If you need a place to store shit, you can use my place.

I'd like to offer you a place to stay, but I'd have to discuss it with my roommates first.

EDIT: I have an exam tomorrow until 530, but I can go to BP with you and personally speak to one of the managers for you and then have you talk to them. Do you have any restaurant experience?

EDIT2: I have some friends who might be looking for housemates, as well.

Mudkips

Banned
El Papa said:
The bolded is a great idea. Some churches have a college outreach group on campuses, see if they can help you out for a few days at least. Otherwise, you can try staying in a hostel.

LOL GAF recommending chu
OH SHIT IT'S THE POPE

El Papa
pope2_90.jpg

(Good luck OP)

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Try couchsurfing. Maybe you'll meet someone that can help you find a job. Also, maybe they have a spare roomyou could rent after finding a new job.

Living with someone quirky would be a fun experience.

Edit: soultron is offering what I had in mind. Hope his roomates don't mind.

I appreciate everything. I have to go now but I will post tomorrow and whenever I can, because really, you are the only people I can talk to.

Thanks.

LogicStep

I don't live where you are OP but if I did I would help you somehow. If anyone here on GAF lives near him they should find it in the their hearts to help this kid out. Soultron is already trying to help, good job man.

soultron

Banned
Fuck the haters, HurricaneJesus. We're gonna get you out of this alive.

If you have a cellphone, PM me and we can talk over that. Or we could meet in person somewhere.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
soultron said:
Come into the Boston Pizza on Main Street West. Tell one of the managers you know Anthony/Tony.

I will recommend you. They're looking for dudes to hire for September.

EDIT: I can try to help you out, dude.

GAF to the rescue!, hope things work out for you man.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
soultron said:

If you have a cellphone, PM me and we can talk over that. Or we could meet in person somewhere.

You sir, are a great guy.

soultron said:

I'd like to offer you a place to stay, but I'd have to discuss it with my roommates first.

EDIT: I have an exam tomorrow until 530, but I can go to BP with you and personally speak to one of the managers for you and then have you talk to them. Do you have any restaurant experience?

You the man soultron!
I hope HJ can land a job! Good luck!

Meadows

Banned
soultron said:

You're awesome.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
65$ is one night at a motel at least...

but you should probably save that for food.

there's some good advice here though, just find out what the law says about your dad kicking you out without any real notice.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
soultron said:

holy shit no way

YOU ROCK DUDE

-COOLIO- said:
65$ is one night at a motel at least...

but you should probably save that for food.

there's some good advice here though, just find out what the law says about your dad kicking you out without any real notice.

I think he could sue.

At least over here a week's notice is the minimum to kick somebody out. It doesn't matter if there was no contract, that's the default and he could have a strong case, as long as he held up his side of the offer.

Zyzyxxz

Holy crap, hard to believe some guy would kick his own son out with no place to go.

Hopefully you get back on your feet, this experience can only make you a stronger person.

oneHeero

soultron said:

Good stuff man, glad to see gaf help out. I'd do the same for people in my area.

one day when you graduate college and have a good job and your dad needs help, i hope you have a speech svaed about what a scumbag he is. if it were me, i wouldn't leave at all and it get violent. but i'm glad you're taking the high road. where is your mother right now?

Hopefully the Internet/GAF can redeem itself and actually generate some collective good. How long does it take to extract money from a paypal account? If some of us threw a dollar or two his way it could really help. I have no idea if this is remotely plausible, just a thought.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Zyzyxxz said:
Holy crap, hard to believe some guy would kick his own son out with no place to go.

My mom kicked me out at the age of 14. It was horrible. But it also made me stronger and I live a good life now.

soultron

Banned
hectorse said:
Where do you live soultron?
I live in Hamilton and I'm pretty sure I go to school with HJ at McMaster. I think he's an engineering major like I am. I seem to remember that from the thread when he broke things off with his GF of 5 years. I offered to take him out for a beer. I think he needs that beer more than ever now.

I feel for him because I've had my father basically disown me too. We're on better terms now, but I'd be an emotional wreck if my dad pulled this shit on me. That's why I feel for HJ. Life's fucking tough enough as it is when you've got a student loan breathing down your neck. The guy's obviously got brains if he's two courses away from graduating with a B.E.

He's gonna do it! Then he's gonna make mad bank and laugh at those who forsook him!

evil solrac v3.0 said:
one day when you graduate college and have a good job and your dad needs help, i hope you have a speech svaed about what a scumbag he is. if it were me, i wouldn't leave at all and it get violent. but i'm glad you're taking the high road. where is your mother right now?

Apparently he did live with his mom before but kicked him out because her boyfriend at the time didn't like him :\

Soultron and HJ are engineering students too?

ERTW!

charsace

Zyzyxxz said:

Hopefully you get back on your feet, this experience can only make you a stronger person.
Not hard to believe. If you have one good parent now a days you're lucky. The truth is that most people that have kids shouldn't really have them.

Hurricane don't give up on school. Just think of how you can rub it in your family's face after you graduate and make something of yourself.

soultron said:

You sir, are fucking awesome. GAF for the win! :D

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
What state are you in? In California, that kind of shit is illegal regardless of age or whether you're even related.
Oh... Canada. I'm sorry.

sestrugen

soultron said:
I live in Hamilton and I'm pretty sure I go to school with HJ at McMaster. I think he's an engineering major like I am. I seem to remember that from the thread when he broke things off with his GF of 5 years. I offered to take him out for a beer. I think he needs that beer more than ever now.

I feel for him because I've had my father basically disown me too. We're on better terms now, but I'd be an emotional wreck if my dad pulled this shit on me. That's why I feel for HJ. Life's fucking tough enough as it is when you've got a student loan breathing down your neck. The guy's obviously got brains if he's two courses away from graduating with a B.E.

He's gonna do it! Then he's gonna make mad bank and laugh at those who forsook him!

Sir, you are awesome.

Irish

Hell yeah, soultron wins.

On the other hand, if HJ goes missing, I'm going to have to assume that you killed him.

soultron

Banned
Irish said:
Hell yeah, soultron wins.

On the other hand, if HJ goes missing, I'm going to have to assume that you killed him.
Well, you know that my name's Anthony, I work at Boston Pizza (Main West) and am en engineering major at McMaster.

Send the cops if you need to.

gabe90

GAF is amazing sometimes. The internet is amazing sometimes. Good luck OP. Don't get too down. You will make it through this and you will look back on it one day stronger than ever.

soultron said:

Today we salute you, Mr. Life Saving Internet Hero.

soultron said:

Soultron your a testament to the human race.

The biggest turnaround for a thread ever? I was miserably depressed reading HJ's story and then soultron does the right thing and helps him out! I was actually going to mention that someone in HJ's general area should at least help him out and hold on to his things or something...

Great thread.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
If your school is not offering the classes you need to graduate in the fall then you can ask the president of the school to void those required classes or get some make-up classes for units. Send the school a letter and see what happens. They should make you wait a semester to get a class and then graduate it's not fair. Best of luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom