• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeless-age

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
soultron said:
You guys better be ready for this. HJ and I are talking over PM.

Hopefully we can get him through this. Keep the kind words coming for the guy!

Just a thought but, if things do end up working out for HurricaneJesus this could make for a good news story.

Just thinking out loud.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
And they say communities that form on bulletin boards serve no purpose.....

Good stuff soultron. That's one hell of an offer to what seems like a very sincere person. Good people helping other good people is what we need more often.

Hurricanjesus, life has you pinned into a corner man. Don't throw the towel in. Fight your way out.

There's always Saint Vincent De Paul to check out too, HJ. I'm sure they'll have at least some suggestions on places to stay, work, food etc.

I used to live in Milton, but have since moved to Victoria, BC. Wish I could give you a hand beyond this pithy GAF post.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Soultron needs a fucking tag. He is a great person.

Good luck HJ. It doesn't surprise me, some "parents" do shit like that. In their heads one is only their child by title and nothing more, and it sucks.

soultron

Banned
Ultimo hombre said:
Hurricanjesus, life has you pinned into a corner man. Don't throw the towel in. Fight your way out.
That's really all I expect from him. I just want to know that he's using every opportunity to get into contact with people at the school about this. If he's in the same department as I am, the dean is one hell of a great guy who's very understanding. I'm sure he'd at least tell HJ what books he'd need, give him an syllabus from the previous year, etc.

The residence people might be able to do something for him. Maybe he could offer his services as a residence admin (RA) so that he has a place to stay? Anything he could do for them so that they could do something for him would be great.

The administration at McMaster is full of great people and I think they'd back him up. The Centre for Student Developemt (CSD) is a great place to go for counselling and I think they're the place to start. They'd tell him to see the Eng. dept guidance counsellors, talk to the deans, and so on.

slider

Only read first page, oh GAF and world of extremes.

Good luck man. I swear if I lived closer you'd have a bed to sleep in til you got your shit sorted (or started paying me rent!). Anyway, as I said good luck. I'm sure there's been some good advice in this thread.

soultron

Banned
bonesmccoy said:
There's always Saint Vincent De Paul to check out too, HJ. I'm sure they'll have at least some suggestions on places to stay, work, food etc.

I used to live in Milton, but have since moved to Victoria, BC. Wish I could give you a hand beyond this pithy GAF post.
I USED TO LIVE IN MILTON!! I lived on Steeles Ave. E first, then moved to Bronte Rd, then Millside (by The Beer Store!), and now I live on Wilson Dr. in the Dorset Park area!

BIZZARO-THREAD of insane cross-over.

soultron said:
Well, you know that my name's Anthony, I work at Boston Pizza (Main West) and am en engineering major at McMaster.

Send the cops if you need to.

Dude, you live in Ontario? How is it for a vacation there? cool stuff to do?

When I go there, The drinks will be on me dude

Meadows

Banned
slider said:
Only read first page, oh GAF and world of extremes.

Good luck man. I swear if I lived closer you'd have a bed to sleep in til you got your shit sorted (or started paying me rent!). Anyway, as I said good luck. I'm sure there's been some good advice in this thread.

It gets better; A+ would read again. Feel-good thread of the year - Meadows - NeoGAF

soultron

Banned
And I don't really need a tag. My tag is going to say "Banned" in a few weeks anyway since I'm going to ask Hitokage for a year-long vacation from GAF so that I can buckle down in school. I'm supposed to be studying for an exam right now!

Zenith

Banned
I have no job, and only 65 bucks to my name.

With only $65 having a computer is living beyond your means. I'm afraid you may need to sell things you use day-to-day but still count as luxury items. Shelter, food, clothes, gas, electric and education should be your only expenditures. You should also start looking for a part-time job to try and fit around your lectures. It's going to be shit but you're not the only person who will have to do this.

soultron said:
And I don't really need a tag. My tag is going to say "Banned" in a few weeks anyway since I'm going to ask Hitokage for a year-long vacation from GAF so that I can buckle down in school. I'm supposed to be studying for an exam right now!

What kind of engineer are you if you don't study everything a night before the exam?

soultron

Banned
hectorse said:
Dude, you live in Ontario? How is it for a vacation there? cool stuff to do?

When I go there, The drinks will be on me dude
It's great here. Toronto, Niagara, Ottawa, Windsor, London, Guelph in that order. Toronto and Ottawa are obvious spots to go since they're major urban centres.

Make a thread about vacationing to Ontario and I'm sure all of GTA/Toronto-GAF will help recommend you to good bars, sights, etc.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
soultron said:
And I don't really need a tag. My tag is going to say "Banned" in a few weeks anyway since I'm going to ask Hitokage for a year-long vacation from GAF so that I can buckle down in school.

Are you an alt account of Jesus Christ?

soultron said:
I USED TO LIVE IN MILTON!! I lived on Steeles Ave. E first, then moved to Bronte Rd, then Millside (by The Beer Store!), and now I live on Wilson Dr. in the Dorset Park area!

BIZZARO-THREAD of insane cross-over.

WHAT!!! I spent many days smashing bottles in the shitpit. My buddy lived right on the corner of Martin and whatever street goes down to the Beer Store. I think I still know people who live on Wilson...

I used to live on Thomas St., right in front of the Fair Grounds on the corner of Garnet Ave.

Alas, I moved from there in 2000 and haven't been back since 2001. It was still a small town of 35,000 back then.

soultron said:
It's great here. Toronto, Niagara, Ottawa, Windsor, London, Guelph in that order. Toronto and Ottawa are obvious spots to go since they're major urban centres.

Make a thread about vacationing to Ontario and I'm sure all of GTA/Toronto-GAF will help recommend you to good bars, sights, etc.

Sweet I will start planning that trip!

I want to see snow so bad :(

SRG01

soultron said:

If engineering grad school has taught me anything, it's that GAF keeps your sanity sometimes.

Beardz

Enjoy being homeless, start to hitchhike and travel around Canada, but please, don't go to the gym, nor hate women.

Alucrid

Banned
SRG01 said:
If engineering grad school has taught me anything, it's that GAF keeps your sanity sometimes.

Shit...is engineering THAT bad? I'm going into that...oh god, I should've gone to Graphic Design. Oh, wait, what the hell am I saying.

Anyways, soultron comes to the rescue even after his beer mugs are stolen. Great thing you're doing, I hope it all works out with you and HJ. Good luck man, you'll make it.

soultron said:
Just think, if you were banned you wouldn't have been able to be a total hero in this thread.

soultron said:

We're all supposed to be studying for something

wait a minute I actually do have a final on Saturday
Hmmm.....

Silent_Echo said:
No, I got my tag because I'm not a bleeding heart liberal like most gaffers here that cry foul everytime police officers use force because they chose not to understand why the police officers were justified in doing the things that they did.

Instead they cry fuck the police and how all officers abuse their authority without understanding what they can and can't legally do.

So you're a Republican, makes sense. Judge first, ask questions later.

yuna55

Good luck to you HJ. I know you've had quite a few shit years just since I've been at GAF. You deserve any help you can get.

Props to soultron; that's about the nicest thing I've heard of on the internet.
Keep this thread updated; this should be like some sort of pay it forward thread or something.

soultron

Banned
bonesmccoy said:
WHAT!!! I spent many days smashing bottles in the shitpit. My buddy lived right on the corner of Martin and whatever street goes down to the Beer Store. I think I still know people who live on Wilson...

I used to live on Thomas St., right in front of the Fair Grounds on the corner of Garnet Ave.

Alas, I moved from there in 2000 and haven't been back since 2001. It was still a small town of 35,000 back then.
Millside is the street you're thinking of.

Milton sucks now. It's basically Old Milton surrounded by a fucktonne of housing developments. It's well above 65K and is the fastest growing community in Canada now. Might as well call it Miltonsauga.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Wow. I can't imagine what I'd do in such a situation.

Good luck, HJ.

You're a good dude, soultron.

fart

Savant
glad this worked out. shocked and enraged by all the blame-the-victimers.

ok not shocked, this place has some serious assholes.

wait, soultron we need one last update. is hurricane going to come over your house and stay for a bit or what? did you get his number? update please.

soultron

Banned
If anyone goes to Mohawk College in Hamilton, post some advice HJ. He'll probably get a chance to read it tomorrow.

mrkgoo

fart said:
glad this worked out. shocked and enraged by all the blame-the-victimers.

ok not shocked, this place has some serious assholes.

I'm no so much shocked. I feel for HJ, and wish him the best, but I always find it bemusing that so many people are ready to pounce on everyone. None of us really know the situation at hand, beyond one side's story. I'm not saying anyone is lying or misrepresenting, just generally commenting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom