• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeless-age

Status
Not open for further replies.
All previous misconceptions out the door.

THISISNEOGAF.png

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
*clap*

Been reading this thread since it started and just needed to chime in now that we had such events occuring

to HJ: just the way you've really been up beat about the whole situation is so inspiring, I wish you all the best.
Soul: You da man.

Tonight I will be going out to get pizza for dinner in honour of this thread.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
GAF Redeemed. I eat Costco Pizza in its honor.

HJ, you look like a cool guy. Really. This is awesome =)

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I think HJ pointed this out earlier, but there hasn't been one mod that's posted in this thread. Seems kind of weird to me.

Ridli

D'oh, I knew I probably should have finished the thread before firing off a PM to Soultron
sorry dude!
. Oh well, looks like the rest of gaf got to their wallets quicker. Since donations are capped, has there been a charity decided on for the rest of us to send money to? Maybe some input from HJ or Soultron about a place/organization local to them, or a Kiva charity they like?

Anyway, this is an awesome thread, I think I'm just going to bask in the love for a little bit and then get some pizza.

Epcott

Wow... read this thread since yesterday. Thanks GAF, faith in humanity restored... cynicism at an all time low.

I hope I can donate Monday... I don't even have enough to buy a pizza myself this weekend

:lol or is it (-_-)?

LogicStep

That's so awesome, you can tell HJ is feeling good in that video. I'm glad everything is working out for you man, you got some good people around you! =')

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Sent in my donation a little late - I wasn't home for the rest of the day after my last PM, Soultron. It's not a whole lot, just what I had in my Paypal since I'm currently transferring banks now. Booooo to Wamu becoming Chase. TD Bank is my soon-to-be home.

Anyways, the videos are really touching. I'm really glad you set up that account for him. It's so nice knowing there are people who are so willing to help, especially with housing. And the whole landlord situation looks to have worked out extremely well for HJ too.

What a great fucking day. Congrats again, man! I told my GF this story and she's pulling for you, HJ! She wishes you luck. =)

bengraven

AlphaSnake said:
What a great fucking day. Congrats again, man! I told my GF this story and she's pulling for you, HJ! She wishes you luck. =)

Same, my fiancee had a huge grin on her face watching the video as well. :D

Kccitystar

This thread has single-handedly inspired me to do something positive every day.

Fuck, this is the feel-good thread of 2009, for sure.

Chavelo

Alrighty! First post for me on the GAF... Let's do this. XD

Dudes, I just read this whole thread... And it looks like this might be an actual forum for me to post from now on and not just lurk around. GAF, you win this one.... >:-(

@Soul - Good sir, you effin' rock. May you get 1000 cookies in your doorstep... And chocolate-chip ones, too. None of that coconut crap.

@Hurricane - I hope to God/Buddha/Allah/Spaghetti Monster that your life from now on stays on the right track. Good luck, man.

EDIT: GAH! Just saw my oversized avatar... Grr... >.<

mcrae

Since I read you were from hamilton I have been trying to think of ways I could help out - I've gone to Mac for 3 years and going to Mohawk next year - but it seems like you've gotten all the help you need. If you ever need a ride around town or help moving your stuff into the new apt (i have a van)or want to chill, send me a pm :) Good luck on the job interviews and I hope this can be the start of something great for you dude.

Oyashiro

It's 3AM and I just finished reading every page in this thread. I'm not positive that NeoGAF is a forum unlike any other, and no other site will ever match its greatness.

Soul, you are an amazing person. I really don't know what else to say. It's so hard to find people like you, but I'm glad that HJ got the chance to meet up with you.

HJ, I wish you the best, and I promise I will donate some money whenever I get my hands on some!

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
The missus asked if we could do pizza last night (I hadn't told her about this thread), so I just smiled while eating the pizza.

soultron

Banned
mcrae said:
Since I read you were from hamilton I have been trying to think of ways I could help out - I've gone to Mac for 3 years and going to Mohawk next year - but it seems like you've gotten all the help you need. If you ever need a ride around town or help moving your stuff into the new apt (i have a van)or want to chill, send me a pm :) Good luck on the job interviews and I hope this can be the start of something great for you dude.
Hey, McRae.

I got your PM. Same thing. Tell the managers that you know Tony and I told you to come in. I'll let them know that you're coming in the next few days. Make sure you get on it soon because they were interviewing yesterday when HJ and I were in there.

Since you're going for a serving position, and you're male, you might have a harder time, but go for it anyway! (Tonight is not a good night to speak to a manager since we're airing UFC101.) Try Sunday or Monday if you can.

Meadows

Banned
soultron said:
Hey, McRae.

I got your PM. Same thing. Tell the managers that you know Tony and I told you to come in. I'll let them know that you're coming in the next few days. Make sure you get on it soon because they were interviewing yesterday when HJ and I were in there.

Since you're going for a serving position, and you're male, you might have a harder time, but go for it anyway! (Tonight is not a good night to speak to a manager since we're airing UFC101.) Try Sunday or Monday if you can.

Hows HJ holdin' up, I imagine this has been quite a lot to take in lol.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Hats off to everyone donating to HJ and to soultron & roommates for helping the brother out. This thread is so heartwarming.

Best wishes to HJ with the job interviews, I know you'll make it!

And soultron, why are you still using the halloweenized avatar i made for you? :lol

This is so heartwarming.

Best of Luck HJ.

This honestly renews my faith in humanity and I really never knew there were soo many heartwarming people in GAF.

I really feel grateful to be part of this community.

Despite being so large, people really care about each other here.

That's a wonderful wonderful thing.

Ketchup Boy

My friend's stepdad made him leave the his house when he was 18 and last time I heard from him he's was living in the basement of his friend's parents' house. His mom is a piece of sh!t for letting that happen, my mom wouldn't let some dude pulling that sh!t on me or my siblings...my mom's pretty tight now that I think about it...anyways, good luck, dude.

soultron

Banned
Osaka said:
Hats off to everyone donating to HJ and to soultron & roommates for helping the brother out. This thread is so heartwarming.

Best wishes to HJ with the job interviews, I know you'll make it!

And soultron, why are you still using the halloweenized avatar i made for you? :lol
Because I like it so much! Also, I think it was an awesome favour!

soultron

Banned
HJ woke up not too long ago. We're just gonna kill some time, have some burgers for lunch basically. I have to go to work today, and I think he mentioned grabbing some of his stuff that he left at Mohawk.

Hey everyone, just woke up form a sound sleep here at Soultrons. I had to leave some things up at the college because my bag was full yesterday. Going to load up all my dirty clothes, and go do a load of laundry.

I am really glad that this topic has had an impact on so many of you. It is more than I ever could have asked for. Just knowing that I have somewhere to sleep puts my mind at ease, and for that I cannot thank you all enough.

I had a few people tell me that they want me to get a beer last night, and one pm saying specifically to spend his 20 bucks on brewskies, so I did order a Molson sub-zero at BP to go with the pizza. It was delicious.

:')

Who knew making a thread on GAF could be a life changing experience. All I have to say is that I'm glad to have been a witness to this extraordinary event.

And come on people, did like 40 of you guys really lose faith in humanity until seeing this thread :p

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Wow, this is amazing. I just found this thread now and I know it's a bit late, but... Great job, guys. You're awesome.

Damn this is the most emotional roller coaster feel good move I've ever witnessed. People aren't good at heart? Squash that noise! PMed about a donation soulful one.

Meadows

Banned
HurricaneJesus said:
Hey everyone, just woke up form a sound sleep here at Soultrons. I had to leave some things up at the college because my bag was full yesterday. Going to load up all my dirty clothes, and go do a load of laundry.

I am really glad that this topic has had an impact on so many of you. It is more than I ever could have asked for. Just knowing that I have somewhere to sleep puts my mind at ease, and for that I cannot thank you all enough.

I had a few people tell me that they want me to get a beer last night, and one pm saying specifically to spend his 20 bucks on brewskies, so I did order a Molson sub-zero at BP to go with the pizza. It was delicious.

:')

This thread = Official Hurricane Jesus defence force :)

fixuis

This is Amazing. This thread is spreading across the internet and the world like a wildfire..giving hope and inspiration to people the world over. GAF ftw..I myself am from Pakistan..

HJ: Keep your chin up buddy..when your down, the only way left to go is up!

Soultron: You sir are a scholar and a gentleman

Paypal in their infinite wisdom has decided to not come to Pakistan but I've pm'd you anyways soultron. I would love to donate..Can setup a wire transfer. If not, can you guys recommend some good charities?

2 More classes HJ..you're so close!

Good luck with your exam Soultron. 3 cheers for your roommates as well!

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Just read trough the whole thread, awesome, I feel bad I missed out on the donations.

soultron

Banned
Hey guys, I know you're still PMing, but if you guys could PM HurricaneJesus directly from now on, he can handle whether or not he'd like to accept further donations directly. As I stated before, HJ said he feels that he's received more than enough.

I just ask that you guys PM HJ because Paypal takes 5-7 days to transfer money to the account it is linked to. (The account we've been using so far is linked to my bank account.) Since HJ won't be with me forever, I'd like him to be able to get any support directly with his own Paypal. For instance, if he for some reason had to leave tomorrow, I wouldn't be able to get the money to him because of the delay in the PP bank transfer.

As you might have read earlier, I was a bit skittish about doing this because of conflict of interests, etc. so please do this from now on as a favour to me! Thanks guys.

Advice is free though, so keep that coming no matter what!

Also, I propose that 8/7/2010 be the second annual GAF Feel-good Pizza Day.

EDIT: As far as I know, HJ doesn't have his bank account linked to his PP, but maybe he can work on doing that for you guys if you'd still like to donate. He can decide directly what charity he wants to donate any remainders too that way. And hey, if you want to donate right now, just pick your own charity! I'm sure HJ would be cool with that! (I'd ask him right now but I think he's doing all of my dishes. No joke. Nice guy!)

Raiden

Banned
Wow.

He can come live with me if he does my dishes.

What do you think about Belgium? Good beer and food, and really nice girls.

Rice-Eater said:
Who knew making a thread on GAF could be a life changing experience. All I have to say is that I'm glad to have been a witness to this extraordinary event.

And come on people, did like 40 of you guys really lose faith in humanity until seeing this thread :p

Yeah..i still don't have it :lol

soultron said:
Also, I propose that 8/7/2010 be the second annual GAF Feel-good Pizza Day.

I second that! Every day is a good day to eat some pizza! Let's hope that 1 years from now someone remembers to create a GAF Feel-good Day: Let's eat a freaking pizza! :lol

soultron

Banned
Thanks to everyone who donated:

(This list is only the people who contacted me. I know HJ and Rayme were giving the details as well. Please chime in if you were forgotten in this post!)

So, copypasta'd from my PM inbox, in chorological order, here's your NeoGAF HurricanJesus 2008 Help-a-thon donor list:

Rayme
Neverender
themustardman
hectorse
Chromax
Black_Ice
Xyphie
ChakaKun
Pankaks
Scullibundo
S1lent
giri
ClosingADoor
DarienA
Meadows
Opus Angelorum
terithegreat
Jill Sandwich
Ecto311
dietertong
AlexMogil
ultim8p00
AlphaSnake
Davidion
ShallNoiseUpon
AzRim904
Cooper
Exhumed
Trellisaze
junkster
Razorskin
JSnake
XBOX HIVES
D4Danger
MotherFan
Undeux
canova
Tedesco!
Bit-Bit
Dizzy-4U
Not A Fur
MaritalWheat
KillerAJD
Mr Pockets
suffah
dazed808
Flo_Evans
Shoogoo
vooglie
SexyNerd
bumbillbee
soco
Label
Divvy
Ultimo hombre
DeathNote
Rewrite
luiztfc
disillusion386
rabhw
Ridli
Isa0
mwgiii
mcrae
Urban Scholar
fixuis

(I know some people on the bottom of the list came in too late for donations, but just the intent was noted. Thanks again guys.)

soultron

Banned
God's Beard said:
So GAF just bought soultron a slave for 1200 dollars?
I, too, think the money would've been better spent investing in a GAF thinktank to solve Torment. Maybe next year, when everyone's forgotten about this, I can scam GAF into doing that? Haha.

I didn't ask him to do the dishes, he just started doing them. That's not slavery, right?

soultron said:
Thanks to everyone who donated:
Huge list

We should all get free pizza for a year! C'mon, spread this, maybe we get lucky :lol

soultron said:
I didn't ask him to do the dishes, he just started doing them. That's not slavery, right?

Well, you didn't say no :lol

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Thumbs-up to Soultron and best of luck to HurricaneJesus... wish I could help but I'm a bit of a drive away. Though HJ I work for a large defense/engineering company in the States and would do everything in my power to try and get you an internship if you sent me a resume.

soultron said:
I, too, think the money would've been better spent investing in a GAF thinktank to solve Torment. Maybe next year, when everyone's forgotten about this, I can scam GAF into doing that? Haha.

No that's being a damn good human being. Hey did you check you PM from me?

Wow. OT can raise $1200 in a couple of days to help a guy out, while the gaming side begs a guy with kids to sell his indie game at a possible 2/3 cut in price and boasts about pirating games over PSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom