• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homes with hidden rooms/areas are fucking awesome

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I and I think everyone else have always thought hidden rooms in homes were cool as hell ever since I was a kid, but they're no less cool today. I was looking up different homes around the world that have these really cool hidden rooms and even entire floors deep underground.

If I were a billionaire, I would get my own home built to my desired specifications. Not some massive 20 bedroom mansion. I'd probably have 5-10 bedrooms at most(for family if necessary). But I'd have a ton of secret rooms in the house, and I'd have a secret floor full of all kinds of cool stuff.

I'm talking legit hidden, not like a panic room or attic. Like bookshelves opening up, walls opening up, etc.

Has anyone here ever been in a home like this or maybe even bought a home or had one installed yourselves? Probably not massive like the filthy rich get, but maybe just a place to store valuables or maybe a firearm collection?

Last edited:

INC

I know someone who approves

meKOTnu.jpg

quickwhips

I and I think everyone else have always thought hidden rooms in homes were cool as hell ever since I was a kid, but they're no less cool today. I was looking up different homes around the world that have these really cool hidden rooms and even entire floors deep underground.

If I were a billionaire, I would get my own home built to my desired specifications. Not some massive 20 bedroom mansion. I'd probably have 5-10 bedrooms at most(for family if necessary). But I'd have a ton of secret rooms in the house, and I'd have a secret floor full of all kinds of cool stuff.

I'm talking legit hidden, not like a panic room or attic. Like bookshelves opening up, walls opening up, etc.

Has anyone here ever been in a home like this or maybe even bought a home or had one installed yourselves? Probably not massive like the filthy rich get, but maybe just a place to store valuables or maybe a firearm collection?

if you make videos showing the secret room that kinda defeats the purpose of the secret room. You need to tell me more about your neighbor again. I'm almost ready to race him.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
if you make videos showing the secret room that kinda defeats the purpose of the secret room. You need to tell me more about your neighbor again. I'm almost ready to race him.
You ain't ready for his new install. I was gonna post a pic of it, but it's really not big enough of an addition to make it bump worthy.

truth777

Banned
I live out in middle of nowhere. During high school, friends and I went to this girl’s house for a small party. She had moved here only a couple of years ago; had heard stories about her dad possibly being connected to the mafia. When they bought the property, he brought a briefcase full of money instead of going through a bank. Her parents were gone and eventually, most of us were in this study/library area. The girl walked over and literally pushed a hidden switch on this wall to wall bookshelf. The shelf pushed out, and then moved to the side; exposing what looked to be a walk-in safe. The safe door was closed...didn’t get to see the inside.

My first story is basically the less interesting version of T truth777 post.

I knew this girl in high school that had super rich parents. She was one of those people that decided to hang out with people like myself and my friends who were mostly middle/lower class kids to prove she wasn't a snob - she was actually a really chill person, no hate.

Anyway, her parents were out of town for several weeks in Europe and she decided to have about 10 of us come over to drink and whatnot.

The house was absurd. It was the house on stilts from Lethal Weapon 2 meets the redwoods.

The living room was probably 800 sq ft or so and the walls all had these wierd panels for seemingly aesthetic purposes but one of those panels could be moved to reveal a secret room that had a humidor with a shitload of cigars and a wine cellar. It was actually pretty cool.

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Banned

Look up Richard Garriot Secret Spaces

Last edited:

Zenaku

If I ever get to build a house, it'll have hidden rooms/shortcuts and stuff. If only to give some sense of excitement to my future kids and grandkids.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Hidden doors are apart of Batman movies and Hitman games. Amnesia did it best
353585095.jpg

Last edited:

AJUMP23

The Narrator is annoying. I mean on another level of annoying. But I like secret rooms and would love to build one in my home if it was feasible.

J-Rod

Anyone else ever have dreams about hidden rooms or finding new rooms in your house? It’s a reoccurring dream I have.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
H.H. Holmes approves of this thread
The GOAT.
Anyone else ever have dreams about hidden rooms or finding new rooms in your house? It’s a reoccurring dream I have.
yep. I used to have a dream when I was a kid that I found this crawl through space in my basement that led to a secret area of the house. It felt so real I remember looking for it when I woke up.

always wanted this type of shit in my house.

pull a lamp or statue and wall spins around. pull a book out and the bookcase slides over.

even if its just to open a hallway thats a shortcut.

Last edited:
Top Bottom