• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Honda > ________

Status
Not open for further replies.
AcridMeat said:
86 Mercedes 190e lasted to ~250-280k miles before heading to the junkyard, with a water pump being the only big maintenance/part in 8 years of ownership. While still managing ~25mpg.

Any car can be reliable and any car can be troublesome. I'd rather run cars I find interesting and take care of them than buy something because I don't want to think about it. Though I am a car lover, so meh.

The old ones were reliable. Mercedes made in the last 10 years, not so much.

Juice

I own a 2009 Fusion.

And because I didn't dislike a thing about it, when it came time to replace our other car I bought a 2010 Fusion to go with it.

Still can't get over how corny that seems. But really love both cars.

lethial

Reeeeeeee
ImperialConquest said:
Care to elaborate?

In the last few years, our v6 has moved:

Refrigerator
Couches
Matresses
(a house worth of furniture actually)
Lumber
Mechanical Equipment
Groceries
etc.

Sits 5 comfortably

Useless? How so? Or are you one of those guys that think trucks are for hauling trailers and construction duty only?

I'm purely speaking MPG. When I was looking for a truck to buy there really wasn't a difference due to having to floor the v6 to make highway speeds. I read lots of reviews and visited dealership forums and that was the general consensus. Sure if you're not a big driver I guess go for the v6 but prices between engines are negligible so why not get something with more power for the same price?

EDIT: I forgot to add, my friend has a new f150 with a v6 and it accelerates like a tank but I guess it is bigger then the Honda Ridgeline. BUT I never looked into the Ridgeline since it has no v8 option.

Halvie

Banned
DBebm5 said:
I'm in a hatchback phase of my life and I really like the look of the Fit. I wish my GTI looked more like it (while keeping everything else the same).

lol... what gen gti? Have yet to see one that looks anywhere close to as ugly as a fit.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
My 2 cars have been a 97 Accord and an 05 TL, now coming up to 100k miles. No problems with either, outside of standard maintenance... love Honda cars, though I'm kinda disappointed with the more recent designs.

Hope to see some quality Acura hybrids in the future, by the time I'm in the market for a new car.

The best is there's this one guy at work who has a mid 80's burgundy colored Accord, that is SPOTLESS, all sparkly clean, looks like he kept it under wraps in his garage since the 80's and took it out to drive for the first time last week.

My 2008 CR-V is awesome and has been a great vehicle for me over the last 3 years. Haven't had any complaints at all and I still like driving it now as much as when I bought it. Best part about it is the resale value, it has barely dropped at all.

flyover

I've had a 2000 Civic EX for just over 11 years. It's never needed any major work -- just replacement brakes, mufflers, and tires. All I want from a car is one that lasts forever and doesn't need much work. No car payments and no ownership costs outside of gas/oil/filters is the way to go.

My only complaint is that it's not perfectly suited for someone at/over over six feet tall. It's like Frank Lloyd Wright designed it.

I love my 09 Accord coupe :)

eliteaccord.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom