• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Call of the Mountain game director has been dismissed from Firesprite and Playstation

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

Update: seems he ain't the only one

Today marks the end of my journey at Firesprite.It's been an incredible chapter filled with growth, challenges, and memorable experiences.As I move forward into new endeavors, I'm deeply grateful for the opportunities Firesprite has provided me.To those who may be affected by this transition, please know that I'm here to offer support and guidance. Change can be daunting, but it also opens doors to new opportunities.Thank you for being part of this journey with me. I'm excited for what comes next!

“Time for that banner to turn green, I’ll shortly be leaving Firesprite in the wake of the PlayStation global headcount reductions. It was a good time, I got to work with some amazing people and I’m sad to be leaving… but now I’m looking for the next thing.

Well today officially marks my “last day” at Firesprite and SIE. 😞💔A super strange and heartbreaking feeling,Going to miss so many people, already missing the brews and scrums so much. hoping to pop up to the studio at some point soon to get some “IRL” closure and maybe one last selfie. 5 years is a long time…approximately 15.625% of my life according to chat gpt 😅hopefully it won’t be long till I can find my feet with a new studio, new project, move into the new house and welcome our first child. Crazy times indeed but optimistic for the future and next steps and wishing my colleagues in the same boat all the best honestly has been a joy and a pleasure to work alongside you all. Love you big much 🫶

Last edited:
After emptying my stomach in the first 5 minutes each time I started CotM, it was an enjoyable experience.

God speed sir. The market is vicious but you’ve the chops to make it in this business.

Last edited:
Horizon: Call of Totoki

images

Is this the guy responsible for making Aloy a shortstack waifu? She's so tiny in VR.

edit-hope he finds work. I enjoyed Call of the Mountain. it was the one game I fully played before selling my PSVR2.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
A shit-ton of people have bailed from Firesprite. Project from what I heard was a total horror-show of incompetent management at all levels.

Bullets-hurt

Neo Member
Yeah he made a good game, wish it was less climbing focused but the climbing was enjoyable enough, hope he falls upwards.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Yeah he made a good game, wish it was less climbing focused but the climbing was enjoyable enough
Let's just say team was heavily... inspired by another climbing game.

That said, the climbing and circular strafing(from their combat) are two types of VR locomotion with the least simulation discomfort, so games built around them make sense.

Now if only we could get a 90/120 fps patch when Pro rolls around...

Top Bottom