• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn - Aloy's Journey Trailer, delayed to February 28th, 2017

Peterthumpa

Imagine this on NEO...
You don't need to, that's probably the version from the trailer. No framerate drops, no pop-ins, better texture quality, better IQ, less aliasing.

I'm pretty sure this is the first glimpse at a Neo version of a game, specially coming from a game lauching in 2017 and so closely supervised by Sony.

HardRojo

This looks suspiciously fantastic, if you know what I mean....

If you don't know what I mean, I mean I don't believe the final game will look this good on a launch PS4
Have you played Uncharted 4? It looks too good to be running on a launch PS4.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Could we be getting this in February and God of War 4 in march next year?

I expected a delay, so I'm not too surprised about this. The game looks amazing though! The environments look varied and the story interests me. It has a lot of potential. Also, that box art is gorgeous!

This looks like PS4K footage. Not trying to be an insider but I was told the game wasnt running well last year behind closed doors. At that time, I believe it was being shown on a PS4 dev kit.

Zhao_Yun

I am fine with the delay. It's not like I don't have enough games for this year anyway!
Trailer was great. I think this game will definitely find its spot on my Most Wanted List for next year.

*looks at GAF's most anticipated list for this year* oh yeah we were overdue for another game in the top 10 to get delayed to next year, that's three now

Memento

So what this trailer show us:

- Robot Dino Riding
- Melee seems important
- The open world is fucking huge
- Robot Dino Riding
- The story sounds intriguing
- The soundtrack continues to be amazing
- Robot Dino Riding
- Beautiful visuals
- Climbing
- ROBOT. DINO. FUCKING. RIDING.

Again, why were people expecting Sony to throw a big new IP into a holiday season that's inevitably going to be dominated by third-parties and their massive annualized franchises?

Promote through the holiday quarter and cash-in early the following year when competition is less intense.

For something that's been as long a time coming as TLG its not such a big deal as its more a prestige than profit title, but Horizon I'm sure they have high hopes for as a new tentpole franchise.

This.

Why do people think Sony spends so much money on third-party marketing deals? Those games own the holidays and first-party games have done a pretty good job keeping things healthy in the surrounding months.
It's a pretty damn good system they have going now.

Alright just watched the trailer. Holy shit. Uncharted 4 has some competition in the visuals department.

This looks like PS4K footage. Not trying to be an insider but I was told the game wasnt running well last year behind closed doors. At that time, I believe it was being shown on a PS4 dev kit.

HA. You're funny, man. Two words: Guerrilla Games

Much like Naughty Dog, I have faith in these guys in delivering the goods on pretty much any hardware platform.

Mythos

No surprise there, remains still one of my most wanted games, and the new trailer looks just incredible, can't wait!

dugdug

Banned

No, they've delayed like, a million games this generation. It's ridiculous.

Yes, the delay isn't that long. And sure, in the end it'll be for the better. But, it's honestly starting to feel like a bait-and-switch to me. "We don't have a solid date yet, but, just say it's out soon so people buy the console now. They'll wait."

zma1013

- Robot Dino Riding
- Melee seems important
- Robot Dino Riding
- Robot Dino Riding
- Beautiful visuals
- Climbing

Oh no you don't, I saw that one Transformers movie where all the dino riding was like 2 minutes at the end of the film. Fool me once... never again will I have my dreams dashed.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Oh, fuck off, I bet the UK one is even later than that. Well guess I'll have to abandon the internet for a bit come late Feb-early march

The latest it will release is the 3rd, I don't think abandoning the internet will be necessary.

- Robot Dino Riding
- Melee seems important
- Robot Dino Riding
- Robot Dino Riding
- Beautiful visuals
- Climbing
Yeaaaa baby!!!!

Dino riding

QeDqXdg.gif

Tigress

I figured we would have heard something by now if it wasn't delayed (I was thinking if they say nothing about it at E3 it would be pretty much definite if not official that it was delayed).

Disappointing as it is one of the few games I was interested in this year but as NMS is delayed til August probably good cause it lets me have more time with NMS without feeling another game is looming around the corner. And now I at least have one game to look forward to in 2017.

Slixshot

Banned

- Robot Dino Riding
- Melee seems important
- Robot Dino Riding
- Robot Dino Riding
- Beautiful visuals
- Climbing

Bro... you forgot the CROC!

Have you played Uncharted 4? It looks too good to be running on a launch PS4.

Agreed, but as I replied on the last page:

This looks as good or better.

And it's full open-world gameplay, which normally means corners have to be cut.

Uncharted 4 runs the way it does because every single corridor can be optimised to run at solid 30fps. In a fully open-world, dynamic game, that's just not possible.

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
I dont mind the wait, one of my most anticipate game next year.

Top Bottom