• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn confirmed for PC

Herman Hulst in an interview about PS games on PC:

"I think it's important that we stay open to new ideas of how to introduce more people to PlayStation, and show people maybe what they've been missing out on," he said.

"And to maybe put a few minds at ease, releasing one first-party AAA title to PC doesn't necessarily mean that every game now will come to PC. In my mind, Horizon Zero Dawn was just a great fit in this particular instance. We don't have plans for day and date [PC releases], and we remain 100% committed to dedicated hardware."

"We're very committed to dedicated hardware, as we were before," he stated. "We're gonna continue to do that. And we're very committed to quality exclusives. And to strong narrative-driven, single-player games.

"At the same time, we're going to be very open to experimentation, to new ideas. Just trying things out to see what works. I think that's also very much part of the DNA of Worldwide Studios."

Last edited:

Pejo

Nice! I guess there will be some crow served from the "it's never gonna happen" posters in the rumor thread. I'll definitely pick this up on PC for the hopeful (eventual) mods, but I'm more excited about what this could mean for other Sony exclusives, despite what Hulst said. I wouldn't even mind a 1-2 year delay if it means PC gets more previously exclusive games.

Wonder if that means the Aloy gear from MHW will make its way to PC now? I wanted that bow.

Birdo

Banned
I'll assume they will do this with all their b-tier exclusives like this and Day's Gone.

EDIT: Boy, did this comment ruffle some feathers. I don't mean b-tier as in quality, I mean in status among the PS brand.

Hopefully that edit will save my inbox.

EDIT 2: It didn't.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
no no no WE GOT TOO COCKY SONY BROS

1508640565398.png

drotahorror

Had just sold my PS4, and never got around to playing the HZD DLC. Definitely looking forward to this. Now, if only Day's Gone and Spiderman would make their way...

Holammer

Store page is up on Steam, but it's impossible to link for some reason?
app/1151640/Horizon_Zero_Dawn_Complete_Edition

Last edited:
Huh? It's always been b-tier. It was only the press that acted like it was the greatest game of all time (For a week).

Most people I know don't even remember playing it :messenger_grinning_smiling:
lol you live in la la land to think the most successful new IP this generation is B-tier lol. rated and 89 and sold more than 15 million units that is the definition of AAA

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
when Sony releases games in other platforms, I like they do it as quietly as possible (like trying to hide it so they don’t get nailed by their own fans)

they did the same for MLB multiplat gaming coming in 2021. They didn’t even announce it.

VFXVet was right. For all the haters doubting him, got to admit he was right the whole time. He just had the info too early.

Birdo

Banned
lol you live in la la land to think the most successful new IP this generation is B-tier lol. rated and 89 and sold more than 15 million units

B-tier doesn't have anything to do with revenue. Day's Gone sold millions too, but you wouldn't call it a AAA Sony game.

What I mean by B-Tier, is games that aren't part of Sony's big franchises, or associated with the brand, like Uncharted, TLOU, GT, and so on.

Last edited:
B-tier doesn't have anything to do with revenue. Day's Gone sold millions too, but you wouldn't call it a AAA Sony game.

What I mean by B-Tier, is games that aren't part of Sony's big franchises, like Uncharted, TLOU, GT, and so on.
AAA means budget, pedigree and critical acclaim of the title which this had all. and you can bet your ass from now on horizon will be part of PS staples like uncharted

DonJorginho

Banned
Huh? It's always been b-tier. It was only the press that acted like it was the greatest game of all time (For a week).

Most people I know don't even remember playing it :messenger_grinning_smiling:

I am a Sony fanboy, and HZD was an 8/10 at best, gorgeous graphics, lovely world and lore, okay story, average gameplay.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Are you telling me I can play Horizon: Zero Dawn with KEYBOARD AND MOUSE?
holy fUCK :lollipop_smiling_hearts:

This combined with a high frame rate will probably make the bow and arrow gameplay actually really fun. I finished it on PS4, but could never really come to grips with combat. Looking forward to playing on PC.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
dont start that shit man haha. One game from 3 years ago and he reiterates that console is gonna be main attention
And years ago every exec would say they wouldn’t bother with PC ever.

then comes PsNow for PC, now a 3 year old highly rated game is a stand-alone PC game on steam like every other PC game.

don’t be naive thinking there isn’t a trend.

even MLB is coming too. And like all sports games it’ll be an early season launch

Psykodad

Banned
Sony is dipping their toes. Brace yourself, fanboys. According to the logic around these parts, HZD is no longer an exclusive.
"And to maybe put a few minds at ease, releasing one first-party AAA title to PC doesn't necessarily mean that every game now will come to PC. In my mind, Horizon Zero Dawn was just a great fit in this particular instance. We don't have plans for day and date [PC releases], and we remain 100% committed to dedicated hardware."

The most important part about the HZD PC confirmati9n, but okay.

Anyway, nice for PC gamers to get the chance to enjoy HZD.

And hopefully this means that there is also truth to the rumored Killzone Breach title (PS4/PC multiplayer game).

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
This combined with a high frame rate will probably make the bow and arrow gameplay actually really fun. I finished it on PS4, but could never really come to grips with combat. Looking forward to playing on PC.
I hope someday I can replay The Last of Us with keyboard and mouse :lollipop_kissing_smiling:

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
Nice -- played a few hours of it on PS4, and then kinda lost steam on it. No interest in playing on PS4 anymore (base model) -- so I'll look forward to maxing it out on my PC.

diffusionx

Gold Member
One of my favorite games this gen - and HZD at 4k/60fps/higher settings might seriously be the best looking game ever made at this point.

Last edited:
Top Bottom