• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn confirmed for PC

Their move is like Playstation First Mentality then PC later than Xbox's play anywhere concept(they are more cautious releasing their games on pc for now if sales is better on pc then they will flow for it + why they choose Horizon Zero Dawn as first Exclusive to have PC port due its using Decima engine like Death stranding releasing that has Pc release too

I feel exclusivity of aloy gears on MHW I feel it will be capcom decision it will release or Sony decision to remain as exclusive

In future Sony will never change(there will be exclusive things will be part on playstation version then pc release with pc exclusive thing)

"And to maybe put a few minds at ease, releasing one first-party AAA title to PC doesn't necessarily mean that every game now will come to PC. In my mind, Horizon Zero Dawn was just a great fit in this particular instance. We don't have plans for day and date [PC releases], and we remain 100% committed to dedicated hardware."

The most important part about the HZD PC confirmati9n, but okay.

Anyway, nice for PC gamers to get the chance to enjoy HZD.

And hopefully this means that there is also truth to the rumored Killzone Breach title (PS4/PC multiplayer game).
They also tweeted that they didn't know about it. Here's a quote from the thread I started from a Guerilla dev.
Here’s a definite. It’s time to stop giving attention to BS rumors. Horizon isn’t coming to PC.

But clearly he was joking. I wouldn't beleive everything they tell you, considering Sony will make them bend at their will.

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
This combined with a high frame rate will probably make the bow and arrow gameplay actually really fun. I finished it on PS4, but could never really come to grips with combat. Looking forward to playing on PC.
I tried to play it fair by the book but i kept going back to my jump and shoot spamming.

Sota4077

It is such a great day for gamers everywhere!
It is such a terrible day for idiot console warriors!
And by that token it means it's a great day for gaming in general!

Shin

Banned
Sony offsetting PS5 production costs?
Two jobs won't be enough then, we will need 3 at the least!

On a serious note, business expansion, it took longer than expected but the ball is rolling now.
PlayStation has a lot of high profile titles that ought to do well on PC, the way it reads is that they are very careful and this is testing the waters.
Horizon above all else makes sense because of Decima (followed by DS), they won't cut their fingers this way while thriving off the business model already in place.

CyberPanda

Banned
Two jobs won't be enough then, we will need 3 at the least!

On a serious note, business expansion, it took longer than expected but the ball is rolling now.
PlayStation has a lot of high profile titles that ought to do well on PC, the way it reads is that they are very careful and this is testing the waters.
Horizon above all else makes sense because of Decima (followed by DS), they won't cut their fingers this way while thriving off the business model already in place.
Herman was a good choice to head the company imo.

B-tier doesn't have anything to do with revenue. Day's Gone sold millions too, but you wouldn't call it a AAA Sony game.

What I mean by B-Tier, is games that aren't part of Sony's big franchises, or associated with the brand, like Uncharted, TLOU, GT, and so on.
Yes, you would call Days Gone exactly that, as that's what it was.

I think this is probably the best outcome. They're putting out feelers on PC and trying to entice them into the land of PS Hardware, and they're pretty clear they're not doing Day-and-Date or releasing everything, which will appease SOME of the fanboys and anyone who was questioning whether to invest in their hardware or not.

I still think this is pretty random, though. Unless they really are launching Horizon 2 on PS5 soon and hope this gets people to jump in.

Someone get VFXVeteran to spill the beans. He knows what else is coming but he won't say.
I remember him vaguely alluding to The last of of us on pc.
It was a thread I made if I remember correctly. Maybe I'm wrong. I don't fucking remember.
But it's good to see more sony "exclusives" on the pc. More people will play it, Sony makes some extra bucks and everyone's happy.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Hopefully for PC too

I think this is Sonys new strategy.
I can be wrong but near zero change to be on PC before some years.

It is clear a push to made you buy a PS5.

Sony will release HZD on PCthis summer that fits with the end of PS4 releases and the inevitable full PS5 announce.

That news support HZD2 announce at PS5 reveal event with launch if I have to guess in Holiday 2021 exclusively to PS5.

Maybe on PC on 2022 or 2023.

Last edited:
I've seen a few post-release gameplay videos of this and, while the game does not interest me one bit, I'm hoping that we'll get to see what this game looks like with ray-traced global illumination, reflections and such beauties.

Saber

Guessing a mouse and keyboard gonna make wonders to this game.

But cheez, I dunno if people are really interested in this game or just here to incite wars.

hunthunt

Banned
I like this.

As a big fan of PlayStation im glad that more people will play games that i liked and were exclusives, even if its 4 years later and when we are close to get the sequel.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Looks like part of PS5 marketing plan.
HZD2 to be announced soon.
How about no?

Why all the people want a fucking rushed game for launch?

rushed infamous 3 wasn't enough? They already destroyed my favourite ip of last gen with a rushed game for launch...

Let guerrilla work on the game for a couple of years more please.

Aidah

Not in the least bit interested in playing more HZD, but interested to see how it works out and what happens next. How about some Bloodborne though?

Lanrutcon

Guessing a mouse and keyboard gonna make wonders to this game.

But cheez, I dunno if people are really interested in this game or just here to incite wars.

Already wishlisted.

Btw, potentially this opens the door to the Horizon Zero Dawn Monster Hunter World crossover event being released for PC!

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Nice for PC players, hope you love it as much as I did. HZD was the one game that truly made my time with PS4 worthwhile.

lukilladog

It was a question of time for MS and Sony to realize that their exclusives never had a meaningful impact on the PC platform and they only lose money by not selling here. Next one is Nintendo, at least after all the dinosaurs retire.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
This dude should cry about his room situation rather than ONE old game coming to pc.

Soyboy with diapers and a portable eyewash station for insta shit fits and waterfall of tears induced eye burn

Same idiot, I guess like....it's not that funny anymore, that idiot probably end up as a mass shooter.

Just wants attention. You can't be this invested right?
Nahh, I think he is legitimely fucked up in the head.

Last edited:

Whitecrow

Banned
Last edited:
Top Bottom