• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn confirmed for PC

"And to maybe put a few minds at ease, releasing one first-party AAA title to PC doesn't necessarily mean that every game now will come to PC. In my mind, Horizon Zero Dawn was just a great fit in this particular instance. We don't have plans for day and date [PC releases], and we remain 100% committed to dedicated hardware."

The most important part about the HZD PC confirmati9n, but okay.

Anyway, nice for PC gamers to get the chance to enjoy HZD.

And hopefully this means that there is also truth to the rumored Killzone Breach title (PS4/PC multiplayer game).

I'm reading it as "not day and date on PC, but few years later"

yodine53

Fantastic how Hermem Hulst (or the responsable of this) is taking what makes Playstation so unique and throwing it to the air.

Holammer

The store page is up, but it's weird, can't link it and the community hub does not load.

7rv2ejp.jpg

kingbean

I hope never. Sorry but I wouldn't like PC port, when they ignored their "PS4 Pro" buyers, not patching the game.

lolwtf.

Yeah, lets hope that a great game never gets made better by getting a PC port that could fix its image quality and frame pacing.

That makes zero sense.

Oh no. I have 4 Xbox's! I'm an Xbox fanboy. It'll be time to upgrade the ol pc for those PS exclusives that will be coming!
no need for xbox though. correct?haha cause here you wont be getting the games anywhere close to the release though.

haha atleast its good u admit what you are . no shame in hiding

Fun Fanboy

Banned
no need for xbox though. correct?haha cause here you wont be getting the games anywhere close to the release though.

haha atleast its good u admit what you are . no shame in hiding
Don't get hooked on my line that easy man. :p I've been in the wars for a long time. It's one of the lines used on us Xbots. And now the forbidden fruit must be tasted!

diffusionx

Gold Member
Huh? It's always been b-tier. It was only the press that acted like it was the greatest game of all time (For a week).

Most people I know don't even remember playing it :messenger_grinning_smiling:

IMO it's one of the best open world games ever. Beautiful, great story, brilliant action with the robots and weapons. It's a 10/10 easy, great to see more people being able to play it.

Psykodad

Banned
Great marketing strategy i think, opening up the game to a new bass, then release the sequel only on ps5 will with out doubt greatly push console and game sales.
Didn't think about that yet.

Reminds me of the rumor that HZD 2 gameplay is going to be shown at the PS5 reveal.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
"Publisher: Playstation Mobile, Inc"

Huh?

It is probably under the publishing arm that does their mobile games and Asian ones.

I believe one of the mobile games is the highest revenue generating mobile game on the market. Those game's revenue never got counted towards PlayStation itself, but they may be bringing them all under one "umbrella" now.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
B-tier doesn't have anything to do with revenue. Day's Gone sold millions too, but you wouldn't call it a AAA Sony game.

What I mean by B-Tier, is games that aren't part of Sony's big franchises, or associated with the brand, like Uncharted, TLOU, GT, and so on.

Sony has tons of huge AAA exclusives. There is no rule you're only allowed 3 A-tier franchises such as Gears, Halo, Forza. You can - and Nintendo and Sony do - have more than that.

In no world is Horizon Zero Dawn B-tier, no matter what criteria you try to use to spin your constant anti-PlayStation narrative (because it isn't budget, critical reception or sales).

Last edited:

manfestival

Looks like the leaker was right. Big precedent that this sets regarding sony. I guess slippery slope prevails once again. It can keep going down the slope but we will see how far down now.

Trogdor1123

Not really sure how I feel about this yet. Im happy more people will play the game cause it is great I also don't really care about the exclusivity part either. I do however hope that this won't take away from ps5 development. I also have a really old PC (7 years) that I used to game on but haven't really wanted to upgrade as I game on my PS4. Well, if everything is going to PC (which they never said of course) maybe that's a better path...

More that it has muddied the water for me personally than anything I suppose.

Not a game I'm interested in but still cool that they're doing it. I hope they bring Killzone 2 & 3 to PC eventually, I love games with dark atmosphere. Also they're first person shooters so they're a good fit for PC.

Jtibh

Banned
Fantastic game with flaws. Lots of flaws.

I put over 100 hours into it. Got the platinum and got so burned out by the end i didnt bother picking up the expension.

Must say though, i had way more fun with days gone even if it was not well received.

This should look gorgeous on pc with 60fps though it looked insane on the pro and that was 3 years ago.

I dont see how this coming to pc pisses people off on one side and spreading dooms day for playstation on the other side.
Coming years after release to pc was just a matter of time if we count emulations to it as its the case with ps3 ps2 etc.

The only thing that bothers me is the full ask price for a 3 year old game.
These games should be on sale at release.

Top Bottom