• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn Leaked Ending - 4Chan Rumour (Spoilers Ahead) - New Melee Gifs

Caboose

Her fucking name is Aloy
mjlol.png

Ooccoo

If it's true, GG fucked up big time. How the hell do you even have these leaks in the first place? I understand they are giving review copies, but come on. Can't devs step up their game and stop these leaks?

Yup, seems about right.
Me and countless other GAFers called this the moment they showed the game off the first time. A bit bland and predictable, but I doubt many were expecting bold or interesting storytelling from Guerilla anyway. Their talents lie elsewhere. Now the real question on my mind is if Mass Effect: Andromeda will pull a similar twist too, since it has a bunch of pieces in place for it as well. Humans travelling for several centuries to go to another galaxy and building robotic bodies to cope with the journey and adapting to the environment, go hand in hand.

Either way, it's a shame it had to leak for Horizon, but maybe it's for the better. Maybe now people can get it out of their system.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
If it's true, GG fucked up big time. How the hell do you even have these leaks in the first place? I understand they are giving review copies, but come on. Can't devs step up their game and stop these leaks?

Maybe this person is really good at 3D printing.

Gbraga

I think it would have been a lot cooler if the twist was just integrated as part of the game's world. Like there are tribes of people who
believe themselves to be robots, or like the machines, and subject themselves to self mutilation and worship machines

That would make things ambiguous, and perhaps you could find clues in the world, and this would spin off fan theories. That's the kind of subtlety and mystery I was hoping for in this game.

Having it revealed as the twist hurts all that. I really just want a fully actualized world where there are all kinds of unique tribes, stories, mysteries like that, both of this new world and the old world. Hopefully the story still allows for that in the side quests and exploration.

on the plus side, it makes the history more interesting, but ultimately, if its something left for a sequel, this game sounds like one big set up for another game with more potential.

Which is fine for a new IP, but I do hope they can add a lot to the world of Horizon

Definitely agree.
I do like that the corruption isn't directly explained, though.

It's certainly the kind of setting that would greatly benefit from leaving more to the imagination, while also having a solid backstory written internally so they can use to guide the little clues they'll leave in that world.

Game takes 20 hours to complete, around 45 hours to 100%, difficulty level Zero Dawn unlocked upon completion, makes every robot creature corrupted, with a few different AI moves and loot

Sheeeeeit.

This sounds AWESOME.

I really hope the leak is true, now.

I think it would have been a lot cooler if the twist was just integrated as part of the game's world. Like there are tribes of people who
believe themselves to be robots, or like the machines, and subject themselves to self mutilation and worship machines

That would make things ambiguous, and perhaps you could find clues in the world, and this would spin off fan theories. That's the kind of subtlety and mystery I was hoping for in this game.

Having it revealed as the twist hurts all that. I really just want a fully actualized world where there are all kinds of unique tribes, stories, mysteries like that, both of this new world and the old world. Hopefully the story still allows for that in the side quests and exploration.

on the plus side, it makes the history more interesting, but ultimately, if its something left for a sequel, this game sounds like one big set up for another game with more potential.

Which is fine for a new IP, but I do hope they can add a lot to the world of Horizon

I'm struggling to think of a recent AAA game that involves "subtlety and mystery." That's just not the language to speak to mass market, lowest common denominator consumers.

ViciousDS

Banned
People taking shots at the narrative of a game by just reading the supposed leak of the ending

smh

Then,
I don't know how to react to that game length

I don't either especially since
The world is the size of the witcher 3 and somehow is only a mere 20 hours? I'm guessing its pretty linear direction wise then. This could be really good or absolutely terrible and meaning sidequests are going to be short and meaningless.

Arklite

The world is huge. It's Witcher 3's Velen huge, with no oceans as a cheat to increase size. Desert, Tropical forest, hills, ancient ruins, snow mountains are the 'biomes'. Feels like a very traditional RPG, which is surprising to see coming from Guerrilla

I have also added this part in OP , Its about the World and Gameplay.

That is sounding great. I'm not expecting much narrative wise after hearing some of this game's script, but I'm really hoping the play and world itself deliver.

vivekTO

Definitely agree.
I do like that the corruption isn't directly explained, though.

It's certainly the kind of setting that would greatly benefit to leaving more to the imagination, while also having a solid backstory written internally so they can use to guide the little clues they'll leave in that world.

Sheeeeeit.

This sounds AWESOME.

I really hope the leak is true, now.

Keep it In spoiler , Dear!

Gbraga

I'm struggling to think of a recent AAA game that involves "subtlety and mystery." That's just not the language to speak to mass market, lowest common denominator consumers.

Bloodborne, I guess.

But does that count as AAA? I love the series, but I thought it was more AA in terms of budget. I'm sure it's not costing as much to make as stuff like Uncharted, Horizon, Halo, etc.

Well, you do have a point. It's definitely not a game made expecting Uncharted sales, that's for sure.

Keep it In spoiler , Dear!

Done, sorry.

But does that count as AAA? I love the series, but I thought it was more AA in terms of budget. I'm sure it's not costing as much to make as stuff like Uncharted, Horizon, Halo, etc.

Yeah, it's probably a lot cheaper to make, but still AAA I guess. I don't really know where AAA begins and ends to be fair. :)

____

Normally I'd read this with no issue. But in this case, I feel like I actually for the first time want to go into a game completely blind, other than what I've seen.

I might cave, tho.

ViciousDS

Banned
I have seen crazy and ridiculous names before, what's wrong with Aloy?

the definition of the word alone

a metal made by combining two or more metallic elements, especially to give greater strength or resistance to corrosion. It was pretty obvious by the name alone.

Gbraga

Normally I'd read this with no issue. But in this case, I feel like I actually for the first time want to go into a game completely blind, other than what I've seen.

I might cave, tho.

Do it. Leave this thread immediately if you care about this game. I'm only reading because I didn't plan on buying it before. I read the FFXV leaks thinking "it's fake, who cares", and ended up spoiling almost everything in one of my most anticipated games. Don't do this to yourself.

KooopaKid

Banned
Yeah the more I see it, the more it looks the core gameplay will revolve around hunting the mechanical beasts and I doubt the variety will be high enough to not make the game super repetitive. It would need something like 30+ very different types of beasts and behaviors.
How many has Monster Hunter?
The environments is pretty but not super interesting to explore, there's no interaction, and to find what? New beasts? Note that I don't find Monster Hunter game design appealing.

Red Devil

∀ Narayan;227939537 said:
I read it. Makes you wonder...
if humans have been gone for a lot longer than originally thought, what happened to them in the first place?

Find out in the fourth game Horizon: Zero Dawn 0.

Pretty 'meh' as far as endings go. But could be fun depending on how GG does about it.

To be fair it's just a summary, if true got to see how everything plays out in the game

You know, Aloy. We really are
the robots.

dead2.gif

Kaarle

Neo Member
That ending doesn't make much sense, at least to me, if they want to make sequels.

The robots are such a huge part of the appeal, and the world, of this game. It doesn't make sense to wipe them out in the end. The same thing goes to the other option. The world would just be "empty" if the other "humans" were destroyed.

Angel_DvA

Looks like GG still can't make great stories for their games, seems like Killzone 2 was an accident, it's a shame because this studio is God-tier in graphic department and it looks like they improve in stuff like OST and Gameplay...

____

Do it. Leave this thread immediately if you care about this game. I'm only reading because I didn't plan on buying it before. I read the FFXV leaks thinking "it's fake, who cares", and ended up spoiling almost everything in one of my most anticipated games. Don't do this to yourself.

Yeesh lol. Guess I'm headed out then. Even better that I have a terrible memory so even people's initial impressions won't stick with me past today. Ciao!

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Looks like GG still can't make great stories for their games, seems like Killzone 2 was an accident, it's a shame because this studio is God-tier in graphic department and it looks like they improve in stuff like OST and Gameplay...
Killzone 2 had a terrible story.

Don't ask why people are laughing about the name dude.

I saw you expressed wishes not to be spoiled earlier in the thread, best to hop out now.

I haven't looked in the spoiler tag, but if it has something to do with the ending then thanks for saving me the trouble. I just want game impressions and how big the world is etc.

God damnit i was hoping for
everything to end up being part of the Killzone universe like the initial theories were talking about.

LordKano

Nothing too surprising. It was obvious it wasn't going to be a big open-world with lot of things to do. A game of that "scale" (not implying the game's small scale by any means but you probably see what I mean) is a good first step for Guerilla Games out of the FPS-hell they were since so long.

Hmmm...melee looks delicious...don't think I want to be spoiled though, seems like it's going to be a great game.

I'm out...

tsk for the gifs

Merc_

I don't get the point of having to make a choice in an ending that hints at a sequel. It's pretty obvious which ending is the "true" one.

Hint: It's the one that allows for a sequel.

jmaine_ph

Am I right to assume that most people who rad the spoilers aren't even planning on playing the game? Or at least don't care about the story?

Gbraga

Nothing too surprising. It was obvious it wasn't going to be a big open-world with lot of things to do. A game of that "scale" (not implying the game's small scale by any means but you probably see what I mean) is a good first step for Guerilla Games out of the FPS-hell they were since so long.

I didn't think it was obvious at all. Hell, it made me excited, as someone not too into open worlds. Being small and relatively short sounds great to me.

This thread actually made me care about the game again.

Teuoxton

Sounds a bit like one of the twists in
Xenoblade X
... but that gets revealed a third into the game.

jmaine_ph

nah there are probably a good bit of people who read spoilers that are planning to play the game
That's crazy to me. I mean to each their own but man if this game gets spoiled for me I'd be so pissed. Matter of fact, let me get out of here now lol

icespide

Banned
That's crazy to me. I mean to each their own but man if this game gets spoiled for me I'd be so pissed. Matter of fact, let me get out of here now lol

sometimes the hype and thirst for info is too real. I remember spoiling all of MGS4 for myself and I was insanely excited for that game

Pacotez

Call the all gameplay shallow just because the is a there is one slide animation but prising a platinum game which all melee attacks are basically a slide fest. What would you call that?

Having an opinion

Because you haven't played the game and don't know anything outside of the story aside from this supposed leak.

If the ending is enough for some people to decide not to buy it then whats the problem?
People have different standards and for some something outweights others when deciding what to buy.

BigEmil

Yeah, feels like a bunch of shit is missing, also I saw/read the thread this was from, and some of the stuff the op said didn't exactly gel with what we heard of now, it's just really odd. Here's the link to the thread if any one wants to read what else this leaker had to said about the game.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/363051872

The leaker in that thread posted more tid bits in multiple replies below too sounds good stuff.

The leak isn't as severe as the mass leak blowout of FFXV like several months before release

vivekTO

Haven't read it but I'm assuming it ends with you typical "to be continued" ending.

No, its more of a "how do you go next from here" kind of thing.

Also let me know if wild Shinobi appears in this thread. He just chime in the microsoft thread with some bad news , and avoiding this thread means something about the leak is true.

No, its more of a "how do you go next from here" kind of thing.

Also let me know if wild Shinobi appears in this thread. He just chime in the microsoft thread with some bad news , and avoiding this thread means something about the leak is true.

im not sure shinobi would know considering i dont think he would want to be spoiled for a game he probably wants to play

Boke1879

Having an opinion

If the ending is enough for some people to decide not to buy it then whats the problem?
People have different standards and for some something outweights others when deciding what to buy.

I'd argue if this put someone off from buying the game then they had very little interest in it to begin with. IMO this game has always shined with it's gameplay.

That said. How does anyone know the story by reading a leak to the ending?

Top Bottom