• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn Leaked Ending - 4Chan Rumour (Spoilers Ahead) - New Melee Gifs

Nev

Banned
You spoiled it outside of the spoiler tags though? What's the point of tagging a wall of text with spoiler if you spoil the hell out of the game anyways with a single sentence inmediately after?

Anyways, melee animations where she magically slides 5 meters makes me think this is going to be a shallow and janky 7.5/10 where you spam square to melee and spam X to platform filled with fetch quests and bugs and critics will drool over it anyways because gameplay doesn't matter anymore. Which is exactly what I was expecting.

Ran rp

and you post in every Horizon thread defending the game religously?

We're discussing a leaked ending and not if the game will be good or not so I don't see what the problem is here or how we're all "haters".

The ending sounds very generic and lots of people would have guessed with very little story footage how the games story would end up if this leak is legit, and that's what most people discuss in here. They are not saying Horizon will be shit and it will be a bad game.

EDIT: Also how do you know the story is going to be better than witcher 3's story before Horizon has even released? lol

I haven't been following the game at all and it's what I expected ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Huh.
After the e3 vid (or was it PSexperience?), I suspected
the planet itself was mechanical.

If this is fake, there's still room for my theory lol.

Because a dissatisfying ending can potentially sap the desire to replay the game. There's a case for games having bad stories, but I think poor endings are awful in any piece of media for trying to enjoy it again.

I'm usually so disappointed in a story by the ending I couldn't really care how it finishes, it's the gameplay that makes me come back to replay a game most of the time. Yes it works the other way as well, I will come back to a game if I enjoyed the story and characters even if the gameplay is merely serviceable, but overall the first example is far more common.

Interesting. If true, sounds like a pretty good story. I don't have a PS4, so I'll be missing out on this game, I hope it does well, and that there's a continuation to it - I really like the premise.

My long running theory was:
Horizon is part of the Killzone universe. Something happens in the Killzone timeline, which thousands of years in the future, results in Horizon. The ending of the game would be Aloy discovering this.

You spoiled it outside of the spoiler tags though? What's the point of tagging a wall of text with spoiler if you spoil the hell out of the game anyways with a single sentence inmediately after?

Anyways, melee animations where she magically slides 5 meters makes me think this is going to be a shallow and janky 7.5/10 where you spam buttons to melee and spam X to platform that critics will drool over anyways because gameplay doesn't matter anymore. Which is exactly what I was expecting.

Yup.

Also, with NieR coming out so close to it, I really could care less for this game.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
PSY・S;227944146 said:
I haven't been following the game at all and it's what I expected ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have only seen the trailers and read a few OPs on GAF and I could guess this from that. The combination of the name "Aloy" and her going on this journey to find out something about herself(?) in a postapocalyptic world populated with robots.

I like how part of it kind of makes things more realistic.

What I don't like is that it feels like its explaining a second level of a three level mystery. It just raises a lot more questions than before.

Still hope the mysteries will fully get explained in one or two sequels.

Haha, way to go, OP. I I didn't click the spoilers, but pretty much got spoiled by that sentence anyway.

Guerilla must be fucking pissed right now. The question becomes, go ahead with the original vision (assuming the leak is true) or try to adjust the ending?

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I miss the days when it was difficult to be exposed to leaks. Everything is data-mined before it's enjoyed. I'm exaggerating of course but it feels like it sometimes.

DrD

Not reading that. Did the leaker give any impressions of the game? Things like quality of the writing, if the combat remains fun throughout the whole game, side quests, length, etc.

If that's true I kind of expected a twist like that, though not "the choice".

I'm still interested in the game because the gameplay seems solid. Hopefully the execution of the story is at least good enough to keep me entertained during cutscenes.
lol my exact thoughts. I didn't click the spoiler tag at first but then read
The Matrix
so it was all the same. :p

And yet you are here.

Do you see what I mean

What are you you doing here?
Promoting nier?
I don't get it

Reading this thread, I'd almost think you work at Guerrilla games

I was hoping this games last saving grace, it's premise would be great. Sadly, it turns out that it's looking to be mediocre in that regard.

jett

D-Member
"They don't really explain the corruption"

So the plot is utterly superfluous then. You can't have something like that and NOT explain it at least a little bit. Come on, that's lazy sequel bait.

They learned from the best.

jj-abrams-star-wars-episode-vii.jpg

Well, not the best, but the most successful in recent years.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

Anyways, melee animations where she magically slides 5 meters makes me think this is going to be a shallow and janky 7.5/10 where you spam square to melee and spam X to platform filled with fetch quests and bugs and critics will drool over it anyways because gameplay doesn't matter anymore. Which is exactly what I was expecting.

Me thinks melee is basically for smaller enemies and finishers as I'm not sure attack a Thunder Jaws legs while its fully functional is going to be all that successful.

No. And that what makes even funnier reading this haters comments lol
They running out of excuses.

You... you read the ending of a game you've been endlessly hyping?

Haters has nothing to do with it, differing opinions and all. Leave the fanboy shit elsewhere.

FFXV ending is pretty bad though. the narrative from chapter 8 to the end is a shit show

I don't think the ending of FFXV is bad it's the narrative of how we get there is shit.
The end for this seem generic but nothing is wrong with that once the lead up to that is not trash .

Pacotez

The twist seems legit because thats pretty much robot stories 101

I don't think its a leak tho, just someone making fun of cliche writting but people took it seriously

mcz117chief

"They don't really explain the corruption"

So the plot is utterly superfluous then. You can't have something like that and NOT explain it at least a little bit. Come on, that's lazy sequel bait.

Better to have no explanation than a shit one. See Reapers in Mass Effect, they were cool before they got exposed.

FATALITY

Banned
Reading this thread, I'd almost think you work at Guerrilla games

I was hoping this games last saving grace, it's premise would be great.
That's not the point of really hope the game turn out to be great.
That doesn't mean I work for the company or whatever
It's just sad see you guys troll8ng for no reason

It's like there is a green card to troll this game here
If there was a valid criticism but there isn't
Also I love how you guys talking about how a aloy slides when she attacks and after that you prising nier which does thé exact same thing when come to that aspect. I call that trolling

Me thinks melee is basically for smaller enemies and finishers as I'm not sure attack a Thunder Jaws legs while its fully functional is going to be all that successful.

Same i don't think you will be taking down big enemies with melee attacks .
Unless they really weak form you picking them off with the bow .

vivekTO

How do the
Matrix
part spoil anything. It will only make sense when you will read the spoilers.

Also about the bolded, you are really reaching for the conclusions. Gameplay is still the strongest part of this game. I think this is your first Horizon thread.

That sounds... really fucking stupid if true.

Sequel baiting and multiple endings, what's even the fucking point of giving a shit about the plot.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

Also I love how you guys talking about how a aloy slides when she attacks and after that you pricing nier which does thé exact same thing when come to that aspect. I call that trolling

Who is trolling here? People are discussing the two things in the OP and you're acting overly defensive.

Zemm

Also I love how you guys talking about how a aloy slides when she attacks and after that you pricing nier which does thé exact same thing when come to that aspect. I call that trolling

You're just on the opposite end to these 'haters' and even more annoying since the game isn't even out yet but you seem to think it's the second coming.

How about relax and play some games.

It wouldn't surprise me if Killzone and Horizon are set in the same universe that will probability be the big twist in the second game. The
Bio Machines
and Dino Robots were created by Humans and Helghast for a war that destroyed the universe years after Shadow Fall.

You got all that from a single gif?

Well.

That sounds... really fucking stupid if true.

Sequel baiting and multiple endings, what's even the fucking point of giving a shit about the plot.

just looking at the title horizon: zero dawn made me think it is being set up to be a franchise but still i agree

Peroroncino

I'm not really interested in picking that up so I clicked it and... yeah, that twist sounds pretty meh, GG isn't really known for their quality stories.

Top Bottom