• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn on PC (Same guy that "predicted" Death Stranding)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xmengrey

Last edited:
Man hope we get a time window of the PC Port announcement
Do you even understand how pathetic you are? You whine constantly and think up theories from scratch. Not tired of yourself? Want to play HZD? Play via PS Now or buy a PS4. And stop already praying to the VFXVeteran, he is not omnipotent and he was simply mistaken.
I said from the very beginning that you should not believe Logvinov.

Last edited:

Xmengrey

Do you even understand how pathetic you are? You whine constantly and think up theories from scratch. Not tired of yourself? Want to play HZD? Play via PS Now or buy a PS4. And stop already praying to the VFXVeteran, he is not omnipotent and he was simply mistaken.
I said from the very beginning that you should not believe Logvinov.
Well first off I didn't really believe Anton, or VFXVeteran VFXVeteran much but when Rand_Al_Thor, and Jason Schreier started talking about the possibility it landed more credence and still does just cuz it's on PS Now doesn't mean it won't be on PC later we literally have until Feburary for an announcement.

I also really hope for your sake your words hold true it will be very humiliating for you if they don't. Me I just want VFXVeteran to say his piece if he wants to.

I have already written so many times that there is no good reason to release HZD on PC (PC is a poor market for single-player games), when there is its own ecosystem, and there was no actual evidence of this, but of course it is better to continue to believe and build theories. No, I'm too old for this shit.

sol_bad

I have already written so many times that there is no good reason to release HZD on PC (PC is a poor market for single-player games), when there is its own ecosystem, and there was no actual evidence of this, but of course it is better to continue to believe and build theories. No, I'm too old for this shit.

PC is poor for single player games? Isn't Fallen Order selling really well?

Shmunter

So the PSNOW release of Horizon was the touted PC release?

Makes sense, the game is now accessible to the PC platform. The underlying discussion could have Chinese whispered up without the nuance.

Further makes sense for Sony putting more focus on PSNOW in Liu of the new competition from Google and MS.

Shifty1897

Giveaway of what?

If my sources are misleading me by this PS Now BS, I'll personally kick their ass. Period.

A Steam copy of HZD I assume. After thinking about it some more, I believe there's no chance of it getting a PC port, though I'd love to be proven wrong.

SavageSquirtle

Neo Member
Any data to backup this incorrect assumption? The PC platform consists of more than just CS:GO and WoW. I'm certain a proper PC port of HZD would easily sell in the 100,000s.

Gargus

Banned
Predicting something that only has 2 outcomes isn't exactly credible. You have a 50/50 shot at being right. And in a case like this if he was wrong no one would have remembered. And if he is right a second again, its 50/50.

Holammer

Sure, multiplayer games are strong on PC, or at least they appear so because they command more playtime than most single player games. Anyone looking at Steam's Top 100 will think so, but Microsoft's Top 50 Xbox games is mainly populated by MP games as well.

Last confirmed sales figure for Skyrim on PC was 13.2M back in 2018 (using the achievement exploit). Just need the right type of game that'll tickle the balls of PC gamers and it sells gangbusters. Witcher 3 prolly got 10M+ by now.
I think HZD fits the bill and its pedigree (previously forbidden fruit!) would bolster sales even further.

Dacon

Banned
(PC is a poor market for single-player games)

Lmao what is this asinine nonsense. Good SP games sell more than well on PC, why are you so butthurt about the prospect of this game coming to pc that you have to make things up?

Obviously it's very unlike it gets ported, but it would be cool if it did. Would be nice to play the game again with a stable framerate.

Last edited:
No, you're just biased and like making shit up because God forbid more people get to play the games you worship so desperately.
Take the fire extinguisher, you need it. Games such as HZD and appeared only thanks to Sony, as an image product that sells the console and sold itself, directly. And yes, single-player games have always sold much better on consoles. Is this a discovery for you? Yes, there are exceptions, but they only confirm the rule. Answer the question yourself: why release a game outside of its ecosystem, which was very successful and sold your hardware system? To please a few tens of thousands of PC misfits? Make money? Attract to purchase PS5? It's counterproductive. If a person has not yet bought a fucking console, a game and did not play it, then he does not need it. And this audience does not need Sony. Obviously? Absolutely. PS Now is just a means of attracting within the ecosystem, but on a multitude of devices. Want better quality? Buy our PS4 (Pro), for which this game was made. The PC as a platform was almost a garbage can, where the waste of the industry was dumped... Now things are better, you can earn some money, not many, but still. Globally it has not changed anything. If the PC was a great platform for single-player games, then big exclusive and expensive games would come out, even more better than HZD, with incredible graphics to shame the pathetic consoles. Why is this not happening? Why on PS4 such games collect cash, even set records for sales? The answer is simple: in addition to niche and indie games, MMO, f2p, etc. in addition to multiplatform games, nothing comes out on the PC, because the PC is not a platform at all. Try to put it in your head without burning yourself alive. It has neither the uniform hardware nor a single ecosystem, nor of the holder. It's ownerless. Just devices with different configurations, the vast majority of which are quite shabby. Wait for your Star Citizen, maybe it will come out someday. I don't see any point in getting into this anymore.

Dacon

Banned
Is this a troll account? It seems like a troll account jesus. This person seems to just be interested in spazzing out and making stuff up.

thelastword

Banned
So an insider on GAF said many PS games will be coming to PC in the next few years (just you wait to see this unfold).
Lo and behold, it's only games coming to PSNOW which you can stream to PC...…..(chuckle doodle doo).... :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Aren't you the same guy who claimed in ResetEra that the next gen consoles to have a GPU that is equivalent to GTX 1080 in performance?

Note that the user has been banned. There were also other users commenting about what a pain in the butt they were.

"However, my profession has changed. I'm now going to have front-row seats on programming directly to the hardware (of any kind) and writing device drivers/kernel modules/software that run on realtime embedded systems."

You've been telling us your work in video games. Of course, these could be two different people, but ...

Last edited:

Shmunter

Note that the user has been banned. There were also other users commenting about what a pain in the butt they were.

"However, my profession has changed. I'm now going to have front-row seats on programming directly to the hardware (of any kind) and writing device drivers/kernel modules/software that run on realtime embedded systems."

You've been telling us your work in video games. Of course, these could be two different people, but ...
Common, is this really necessary?

daninthemix

Can someone plaese summarise for me what is actually happening?

Should I just go ahead and play my PSN copy of HZD that I've had for over a year now?

Shmunter

Can someone plaese summarise for me what is actually happening?

Should I just go ahead and play my PSN copy of HZD that I've had for over a year now?
Rumours of HZ coming to PC any day now
HZ all of a sudden hits PSNOW with a degree of fanfare - all major sites are reporting on it
PSNOW is available to PC gamers, so technically HZ is now available on PC

Coincidence? or was thIs the basis for the rumour. Shouldn’t take too much longer to determine.

Last edited:
Giveaway of what?

If my sources are misleading me by this PS Now BS, I'll personally kick their ass. Period.

My sources, my sources, my friend who Works in Studio x

This is straight out insider talk. You didnt get a verified account for being an "insider" but apparently You are allowed to post like one by the mods

nowhat

This is straight out insider talk. You didnt get a verified account for being an "insider" but apparently You are allowed to post like one by the mods
Still bitter people called your bluff in the next gen thread, huh?

So an insider on GAF said many PS games will be coming to PC in the next few years (just you wait to see this unfold).
Lo and behold, it's only games coming to PSNOW which you can stream to PC...…..(chuckle doodle doo).... :messenger_grinning_smiling:

He's the only one here who posts as insider without ever claiming to be one, Just bc the mods decided to give him a verified account.

I thought neogaf had rules with "my sources are telling me" type of posts

Still bitter people called your bluff in the next gen thread, huh?
Not in the slightest.

I Just cant accept different treatments.

You can not limit my account for being a "fake" insider bc I did not submit tonthe rules, yet You give someone else a free pass to post straight out insider talk Just because he got vetted for other reasons (not because he is an insider).

Do You hinestly find It Fair ?

If theres one person are making a fool of everyone, this is vxf Guy. Its ridiculous already.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Who are your sources - vaguely. Sony employees? Why are they leaking information to you? What’s the point?

Because I'm close to the people I've worked with before. I'm a likable person I guess.. ;) I know a LOT of people as well so it'll be hard to find out who my sources are.

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned

That was me. While you are playing internet cop, find out from the ERA mods why they banned me.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Take the fire extinguisher, you need it. Games such as HZD and appeared only thanks to Sony, as an image product that sells the console and sold itself, directly. And yes, single-player games have always sold much better on consoles. Is this a discovery for you? Yes, there are exceptions, but they only confirm the rule. Answer the question yourself: why release a game outside of its ecosystem, which was very successful and sold your hardware system? To please a few tens of thousands of PC misfits? Make money? Attract to purchase PS5? It's counterproductive. If a person has not yet bought a fucking console, a game and did not play it, then he does not need it. And this audience does not need Sony. Obviously? Absolutely. PS Now is just a means of attracting within the ecosystem, but on a multitude of devices. Want better quality? Buy our PS4 (Pro), for which this game was made. The PC as a platform was almost a garbage can, where the waste of the industry was dumped... Now things are better, you can earn some money, not many, but still. Globally it has not changed anything. If the PC was a great platform for single-player games, then big exclusive and expensive games would come out, even more better than HZD, with incredible graphics to shame the pathetic consoles. Why is this not happening? Why on PS4 such games collect cash, even set records for sales? The answer is simple: in addition to niche and indie games, MMO, f2p, etc. in addition to multiplatform games, nothing comes out on the PC, because the PC is not a platform at all. Try to put it in your head without burning yourself alive. It has neither the uniform hardware nor a single ecosystem, nor of the holder. It's ownerless. Just devices with different configurations, the vast majority of which are quite shabby. Wait for your Star Citizen, maybe it will come out someday. I don't see any point in getting into this anymore.

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

You are going to be in a world of hurt in a few months. You think HZD rumor is upsetting? Wait till you hear about even more PS masterpiece games..

Who are your sources - vaguely. Sony employees? Why are they leaking information to you? What’s the point?

This Guy is abusing with the insider bs talk for a looong time now., Much more than I ever did.

He even love making these bs old claims of having a friend,, uncle, cousin, brother in law, the whole famíly working on Company X with top secret infos that support his agenda

He's NOT a insider, never was, but have a free pass to act like one. Where is equality here ?

VFXVeteran

Banned

I have been properly vetted. Period. My connections were quite obvious. Stop being frustrated because you guys want specifics. I am not going to be the cause of one of my sources losing their jobs. Period. So be patient...

Siri

Banned
VFXVeteran, you got my hopes up about Horizon Zero Dawn on the PC, and if it doesn’t happen I’ll be blocking you. You’ll defend yourself, in that case, by saying it had nothing to do with you - but I’ll still be blocking you. You do realize that you’re kind of messing with people, right? I’m a lover of hard-cover strategy guides, and I almost purchased a rare edition of HZD guide in anticipation of a PC release. It’s just not cool to play with people who have a passion for something.

VFXVeteran, you got my hopes up about Horizon Zero Dawn on the PC, and if it doesn’t happen I’ll be blocking you. You’ll defend yourself, in that case, by saying it had nothing to do with you - but I’ll still be blocking you. You do realize that you’re kind of messing with people, right? I’m a lover of hard-cover strategy guides, and I almost purchased a rare edition of HZD guide in anticipation of a PC release. It’s just not cool to play with people who have a passion for something.

His only real Hope is Horizon comming to "Pc" by psnow, wich also means it would bê comming to cellphones and tvs, so You wouldnt neeed a Pc ar ALL.

Bloodborne is not even from a First party Studios and ter, despite the desperate begging and millions of petitions It never came tô Pc, but the "insider" without insider verified account want You to believe all the heavy titles ofnfirst Party studios Will have a Pc Port.

This Guy should have some warning by the mods already

VFXVeteran

Banned

I can only go by what I'm told. I'm not playing with anyone and certainly not posting an article stating as such. If it turns out not to be true, I'm sure you'll be happy with other PS games coming to the PC. Just be patient and allow things to unfold.

VFXVeteran

Banned
His only real Hope is Horizon comming to "Pc" by psnow, wich also means it would bê comming to cellphones and tvs, so You wouldnt neeed a Pc ar ALL.

My real hope is not even HZD. It's other titles.

Bloodborne is not even from a First party Studios and ter, despite the desperate begging and millions of petitions It never came tô Pc, but the "insider" without insider verified account want You to believe all the heavy titles ofnfirst Party studios Will have a Pc Port.

Did I ever tell you Bloodborne was coming to PC? Did I even say ALL 1st party games are coming to PC? How would I even know that? How would my sources know that?

If you guys are going to act like crybabies because you want answers NOW. Then I'll just keep everything to myself and just watch from the sidelines. Just because I know people in the industry doesn't mean I need to tell you things that are under NDA. You shouldn't expect that even from the people who are currently being vetted now. This shit is serious! It can get people fired and/or sued for breach of confidentiality. You think I'm going to tell you the latest tech in Lockheed's current PAC-3 missile and how the hardware works? Why would I? My last film I worked on is Scooby-Doo. Coming out next year. I knew that for years.. should I just go on a FX page and tell people that WB is making a Scooby-Doo animated movie just because I know?

Be patient and stop trying to troll someone for answers.

Last edited:

Siri

Banned
If you guys are going to act like crybabies because you want answers NOW. Then I'll just keep everything to myself and just watch from the sidelines.

Calling people ‘crybabies’ is completely uncalled for. Many of us are just very passionate about our hobby and want to play great games.

Honestly, you’re not taking any responsibility for what you’re posting - and, IMO, at this point, yeah, you probably should just keep things to yourself.

Last edited:

D-Dude

Seeing how you were removed from the next gen tread.. And gotten a mod warning for the same stuff you are pointing fingers at... Something calling the pot kettle stuff?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom