• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor Horizon Zero Dawn on PC (Same guy that "predicted" Death Stranding)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sycomunkee

Jan 21, 2019
It appears that Sony is in the games business rather than just the console business as well. It also appears that VFXVeteran VFXVeteran may be onto something with some of the things that he's been saying about Sony and how they want to put more games on PC as well.

A new rumour suggests that Horizon Zero Dawn, the critically acclaimed action RPG from Guerrilla Games, could be coming to PC as early as February 2020.

The report comes from Russian YouTuber Anton Logvinov, who previously predicted Death Stranding's now confirmed PC release earlier in 2019, claiming in a new video that "Horizon Zero Dawn will be available on PC on February next year" and "the announcement will be soon."

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

Feb 26, 2019
Italy
twinfinite.net
Lol. Gamesradar reports about nothing else than shaky rumors from unproven sources nowadays. Between random Redditors and Russian youtubers, it's hilarious.

Everyone and his mom predicted that Death Stranding would come to PC, because they basically confirmed it right after the announcement only to hurriedly retract it. That's hardly validation of someone as an insider.

Sycomunkee

Jan 21, 2019
Lol. Gamesradar reports about nothing else than shaky rumors from unproven sources nowadays. Between random Redditors and Russian youtubers, it's hilarious.

Everyone and his mom predicted that Death Stranding would come to PC, because they basically confirmed it right after the announcement only to hurriedly retract it. That's hardly validation of someone as an insider.

This better?

Last edited:

KorbinDallas

Oct 8, 2019
You linked to reeeee era. How bold of you.

Anyway, good news. Loving these titles coming to PC.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
Jan 22, 2010

Exactly. It was announced for pc on the same day it was announced for ps4 I'm pretty sure

pawel86ck

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
Fake or not, I bet horizon would sell extremely well on PC, and then maybe even more people would want to buy PS5 just to play horizon 2.

Reactions: ChoosableOne

Psykodad

Banned
Apr 9, 2018
How come this is only now a thing when Hermen Hulst himself literally said he would think it'd be nice to see a PC release for HZD a while ago?

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

Feb 26, 2019
Italy
twinfinite.net

This better?
Not sure how adding a few other sites equally known for click-baiting and rumormongering makes it better? That's basically a catalog of the worst of the worst in there.

No, the official announcement came upon the release of Death Stranding.
Keyword "official." The PC version was mentioned basically at the same time as the PS4 version, and then hurriedly retracted, leading basically everyone with a brain to pretty much know it would come. It was only a matter of when. Again, it's certainly not any validation for this Russian youtuber rando or the people who use him as a source because they're desperate for those platform war clicks.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2018
Don't trust this asshole.

He is a typical "games journalist" and is infamous for being a liar and a massive shill.

He also likes Anthem

UPDATE : Looks like I was wrong but this guy is still an asshole.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Branded for life by her misdeeds
Aug 20, 2019
If the same engine runs well on PC, per the upcoming port of Death Stranding, from a certain perspective, why not?

A good amount of cash could be earned for a three year old game that’s basically run it’s course, and a big chunk of the work is done. This also helps justify all the work to bring the engine to PC for Death Stranding.

Kadayi

Probable Replicant & GIF PIMP
Oct 10, 2012
theconclave.net
If there is money in it why not. Though I doubt that games like The Last of Us or Uncharted will be coming to PC, any time soon.

zcaa0g

Sep 3, 2018
I will happily by again to have a real aiming system on the PC, but this us not going to happen.

brokenduck

Dec 20, 2018
That would be a super awesome start, hoping for mod support And Please Nintendo, bring games to PC and consoles will soon be irrelevant to me.

Reactions: CyberPanda

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Mar 22, 2017
That would be a super awesome start, hoping for mod support And Please Nintendo, bring games to PC and consoles will soon be irrelevant to me.
And why they want to do that? Nintendo makes lot of their money selling their consoles.

Reactions: Fake

Hinedorf

Feb 3, 2017
San Diego, CA
Still one of the best games on PS4 to me. Has one of the best and most complete stories that makes sense to the landscape of things. One of the few games I would even recommend the DLC.

rofif

Sep 13, 2019
Still one of the best games on PS4 to me. Has one of the best and most complete stories that makes sense to the landscape of things. One of the few games I would even recommend the DLC.
I wanted to like it and I kinda hate it... It's amazing to look at and the music is great. Faces are great looking, characters are ok, story is simple but ok too.
But I just couldn't get into the combat and how it ruined the traversal. It's weird to explain but I couldn't get into it. (but I did finished it anyway)
But don't I am a weirdo. I love Dark Souls 2 the most and I think Infamous 2nd son is underappreciated gem.

Lanrutcon

Feb 19, 2014
Irrelevant
I remember how people swore that Dragon's Dogma would never, ever ever ever come to PC.

The moon itself would be consumed by the elder gods and our species forced into servitude by the eldritch horrors that haunt the places in between before that happened.

...lovely game on PC. Finished it a few times. I like the part where you get educated on the predatory behavior of untamed canines.

Chromata

Jul 11, 2019
It actually makes sense to release these on PC after a couple of years. It's new sales from a game that must be hardly selling anything on Playstation plus a chance to lure more players into a HZD2 on PS5.
Agreed with this. As an owner of both a PS4 and gaming PC, I would definitely buy Horizon on PC. I never got around to it on PS4 and it's a better experience on PC.

I hope this is true.

mejin

Oct 18, 2012
Brazil
If the same engine runs well on PC, per the upcoming port of Death Stranding, from a certain perspective, why not?

A good amount of cash could be earned for a three year old game that’s basically run it’s course, and a big chunk of the work is done. This also helps justify all the work to bring the engine to PC for Death Stranding.
It greatly devalues the console.

If Sony doesn't want to focus on services right at the gate with PS5, I think it is not a smart move to bring their biggest games to pc. We don't even know the impact on Death Stranding sales yet, for example.

Zefah

Gold Member
Jan 7, 2007
I remember how people swore that Dragon's Dogma would never, ever ever ever come to PC.

The moon itself would be consumed by the elder gods and our species forced into servitude by the eldritch horrors that haunt the places in between before that happened.

...lovely game on PC. Finished it a few times. I like the part where you get educated on the predatory behavior of untamed canines.
It was also a game by Capcom, who frequently releases games on PC.

-Arcadia-

Branded for life by her misdeeds
Aug 20, 2019
It greatly devalues the console.

If Sony doesn't want to focus on services right at the gate with PS5, I think it is not a smart move to bring their biggest games to pc. We don't even know the impact on Death Stranding sales yet, for example.
I agree that it could, but notice that I said “from a certain perspective”. I wasn’t necessarily saying that was the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.