• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn on PC (Same guy that "predicted" Death Stranding)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I don't think you actually know who owns the rights unless you see the contracts and even if they do you don't know the agreements Kojima demanded in the first place regarding other versions. Street FIghter V didn't go to Xbox either, that doesn't mean Sony owns Street Fighter over Capcom, we can just assume the agreement for funding it had terms about an Xbox release but not about a PC release as has been common in the past where none of them treated the PC as an actual competitor but still didn't port their flagship titles to it. Again, 0 evidence, just a whole lot of conjecture and random unrelated bullshit presented as evidence. You can't possibly be this dense and not see the difference. From saying you can't show evidence but it's all around to trying to present all kinds of not-evidence as such, which is it then, lol.

Last edited:
For Sony to put their first party games on PC would basically be suicide. With MS putting all their games on PC, why then would anyone bother with consoles?

I've said it before: why invest all that time and money in creating your own hardware, including your own OS and online services, just to say, "Hey, but you can also play all our games on your PC, so you don't need to worry about this machine."

It's ... stupid, quite frankly.

Then again, maybe that's why we recently saw all those departures at Sony? Maybe the company has decided to take this direction, some didn't like it, and so they've decided to move on.

Remember something, too: the PlayStation division is one of the few profitable sectors of Sony; the music, movie, and phone sectors aren't doing so good (haven't been for years), and they binned off their PC range many years back. PS+ is making them a lot of money, but that's only so long as they're able to keep gamers on their platform. If Sony really do start putting their first party games on PC then they're not just shooting themselves in the foot, they're taking a shotgun and blowing an entire leg off.
Because not everyone has a bad ass PC. As well as Halo Reach Sold, it more than likely didn't sell as well as the Xbox Version. It's not suicide, only on forums where people think they know shit about fuck.

Stuart360

Yes, the first "i told you so", I wonder how long has he been saying it for, maybe since the ps2 days, lol? You two can confirm each other as reliable sources of evidence now?

You present nothing but theories and hypothesis, not evidence, you can't possibly not be able to understand the difference.
Well you're welcome to go through my post history if you want. I have said it multiple times, not so long ago as well. Its just looking at it logically, 10's of millions of PC users you are ignoring, very little profit you're making from actual console sales, but could be making tons of money from game sales and game licenses on PC. And the fact that tens of millions of console users are on the more casual side and probably wouldnt know how to install a game on PC, nevermind deal with the technical challenges that PC gaming brings, those will always be console gamers. And on the flip side, there are unfortunately millions of PC gamers that wouldnt be seen dead using a console, even to the extent of fumbling through racing games and fighting games using a keyboard because they judge controllers as a console thing lol.

Alexios

Well you're welcome to go through my post history if you want. I have said it multiple times, not so long ago as well. Its just looking at it logically, 10's of millions of PC users you are ignoring, very little profit you're making from actual console sales, but could be making tons of money from game sales and game licenses on PC. And the fact that tens of millions of console users are on the more casual side and probably wouldnt know how to install a game on PC, nevermind deal with the technical challenges that PC gaming brings, those will always be console gamers. And on the flip side, there are unfortunately millions of PC gamers that wouldnt be seen dead using a console, even to the extent of fumbling through racing games and fighting games using a keyboard because they judge controllers as a console thing lol.
So they've been ignoring those millions of PC gamers since say, the days of World of Warcraft (and tons of other hardcore pc-only franchises) exploding with many millions of subscribers all those 15 years ago and even having a Sony Online Entertainment to make games for such an audience but now it's a surprise PC gaming is big, it only just happened at the tail end of 2019, so they must now port all their big games to it based on these brand new and surprising industry developments. Kay.

Last edited:

Stuart360

So they've been ignoring those millions of PC gamers since say, the days of World of Warcraft exploding with many millions of subscribers all those 15 years ago and even having a Sony Online Entertainment to make games for such an audience but now it's a surprise PC gaming is big so they must port their big games to it. Kay.
Oh dude whatever, i'm not arguing about this. It will happen eventually imo, you dont agree, simple.

Thief1987

If you only knew who Logvinov is, you don't even bother to make this thread. You, for example, can watch his video for e3 2019 ms conference, where he say that ms would announce hellblade 0 and 2, which was blatant lie.
And about his "prediction" about DS - he is friend with Galenkin, so he is constantly shilling for EGS from the start, and in his video about DS he says that DS would be another big exclusive for Epic, so yeah, he guessed about pc version, but all the rest was another big lie.

Alexios

Oh dude whatever, i'm not arguing about this. It will happen eventually imo, you dont agree, simple.
I'm not saying it will not happen,. learn how to read. I'm saying there's no evidence and you have failed to present any, you both just throw shit around to be able to say I told you so if it does or forget it happened if it doesn't, after all you're not even giving a time frame now, just an "eventually", lol. Great, very diplomatic of you, gg.

Last edited:

Stuart360

I'm not saying it will not happen,. learn how to read. I'm saying there's no evidence and you have failed to present any, you both just throw shit to be able to say I told you so if it does or forget it happened if it doesn't, after all you're not even giving a time frame now, just an "eventually", lol. Great.
I'm not trying to provide 'evidence', i'm just giving my viewpoint.

Shmunter

Sounds far fetched for a 1st party Sony studio to release on anything but first party hardware. I call malarkey on this one, nothing to see here.

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
I'm not saying it will not happen,. learn how to read. I'm saying there's no evidence and you have failed to present any, you both just throw shit around to be able to say I told you so if it does or forget it happened if it doesn't, after all you're not even giving a time frame now, just an "eventually", lol. Great, very diplomatic of you, gg.

I will just say this. My sources have verified to me that this article is true. I'll leave it at that.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Indeed.

Date of the article: Dec 16 2015.
medium-padpoet.jpg

Man, all those prediction prophets out here in 🤡 🌎!

As for HZD, if it happens then cool. Releasing after a certain timeframe to expand your software audience/revenue from select studios can potentially have its benefits.

Siri

Banned
So far the best ‘true rumour’ was that ordinary citizen who looked over a dev’s shoulder on... was it on the subway... and saw the unannounced game. I can’t remember the particulars but everyone said it was complete horse shit that an ordinary person would be able to leak something no one else knew about by spying on the subway - and it turned out to be true! LOL.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Eh, I think I'm good.

Horizon is one of those games I need to play on a large screen. You just wanna soak in all the details. My mangy 24 inch 1080p monitor (though 144 hz 1ms RT) is just not gonna cut it.

Maybe one day, I'll play pc games at higher frames rates on at least a 50" screen. Next rig I buy will be completely ballin. 3 grand...minimum.

I hope so. Couldn't bother to finish it on PS4 because it just was awful to control. The framerate just killed all enjoyment of that game. Plus, it releasing in a close window to BotW just murdered most open world games for me at the time. BotW's framerate was terrible too but it at least offered some genuinely refreshing gameplay experiences.

I would probably get H:ZD on PC for ~$30 or so. Other than it's graphics and art direction/music, I just didn't find the game very compelling. A better framerate could definitely change that.

diffusionx

Gold Member
For my money Horizon Zero Dawn is one of the best games this gen, and maybe the best looking, and I would consider getting it on PC just to see how it looks and plays at higher settings and 60fps. It would be pretty cool.

I still think Sony's primary effort next gen will be selling hardware, because they are a hardware company, so I don't expect them to go the MS route of day and date PC and console. But why not put out the games out to another platform after a while? There are lots of PC gamers who will never buy a console. Games like WipeOut and Destruction Derby were absolute PS1 system sellers but they found their way onto PC and Saturn.

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
I bought a PS4 specifically for this game, something like three years ago.

I've yet to buy it.

Maybe I'll get a PC version instead.

Kazza

I'm sure seeing Halo's stellar sales are helping the case of those within Sony pushing for PC ports. Not a fan of HZD, but would be up for GoW when it comes to PC (action heavy games always suffer most at 30 fps). Didn't the director of GoW already say he would love to see it on PC.

Thief1987

Yeah farfetched and vague predictions on the 10 years timeframe is a good evidence for pc port of horizon in february.:messenger_ok:
His gotcha post about psnow is just pathetic, analytic my ass.

Last edited:
And the fact that tens of millions of console users are on the more casual side and probably wouldnt know how to install a game on PC, nevermind deal with the technical challenges that PC gaming brings, those will always be console gamers. And on the flip side, there are unfortunately millions of PC gamers that wouldnt be seen dead using a console, even to the extent of fumbling through racing games and fighting games using a keyboard because they judge controllers as a console thing lol.

What dimension do you hail from where people are this retarded? Are you surrounded by infomercial people?

giphy.gif

Sony should just partner with Valve and put all their games on Steam after 6-12 months of console exclusivity. They won't, but they should, because that's what I want.

Stuart360

What dimension do you hail from where people are this retarded? Are you surrounded by infomercial people?

giphy.gif
You may joke but its true. You see users all thre time on Steam with 'Hi i'm new to PC gaming, how do you do this, what is that for' etc, and as a PC gamer it makes me cringe to admit but there are a ton of PC gamers entrenched so much in the 'Master Race' angle that they will refuse to use a controller for racing games, fighting games, and agame where a controller works better, and will attack users for even suggesting to them to use a controller 'i'm not using that peasant crap' etc.
Honestly go onto Steam, and check the forums for racing games or fighting games.

You may joke but its true. You see users all thre time on Steam with 'Hi i'm new to PC gaming, how do you do this, what is that for' etc, and as a PC gamer it makes me cringe to admit but there are a ton of PC gamers entrenched so much in the 'Master Race' angle that they will refuse to use a controller for racing games, fighting games, and agame where a controller works better, and will attack users for even suggesting to them to use a controller 'i'm not using that peasant crap' etc.
Honestly go onto Steam, and check the forums for racing games or fighting games.
Ok, bud. I’ve encountered 0 people like this.

Kazza

Ok, bud. I’ve encountered 0 people like this.

I noticed that a few people got pissed off at Sega when Yakuza advised "Real Yakuza use a gamepad" at the controls select screen for the PC port. I can't imagine playing Yakuza with a KB&M, but apparently some do.

Chromata

Can't say I've ever come across people like this. The whole point of why PC users claim "Master Race" is because PC is unparalleled in terms of options.

If you're willing to pay, the game will scale to what you want graphically, you can use just about any social/video capture application, you can mod any game that supports it, and you can use whatever control scheme you want. To deny yourself this as a PC gamer is just silly.

Logvinov is full of shit. He has done so many times some crazy and untrue stuffing, for example, at E3 2019. One must believe his words with a great deal of skepticism.
In this way, if what is said is true, Sony will anger the fans. And Sony throughout her story was dependent on fans. This can be disastrous for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom