• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn on PC (Same guy that "predicted" Death Stranding)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cato

Banned
Logvinov is full of shit. He has done so many times some crazy and untrue stuffing, for example, at E3 2019. One must believe his words with a great deal of skepticism.
In this way, if what is said is true, Sony will anger the fans. And Sony throughout her story was dependent on fans. This can be disastrous for them.

What are you talking about? "anger the fans" ? Nonsense. Maybe anger some insecure 12 year old boys perhaps but not any fans.

I am one of the biggest sony fanbois ever.
I have an entire room in my house dedicated to nothing else than sony consoles, handhelds and bookshelf after bookshelf of games.
I will not stop until I have every physical release of every game ever published for a sony console or handheld.

You are saying there is rumour they will release HZD for PC?
I say, good for the PC folks, it is a great game I hope they will enjoy it.

Congrats to PC folks you have a really good game coming your way!

Last edited:
You are saying there is rumour they will release HZD for PC?
I say, good for the PC folks, it is a great game I hope they will enjoy it.

Congrats to PC folks you have a really good game coming your way!
You are not a fanboy, no. You are just the one who is used to the console itself, physical copies of games, but you can also easily jump onto a PC at your convenience. This is normal, it is adequate.
But the people who supported the platform all this time just because there were unique and exclusive games - these are fans. They are for the idea itself. And then Sony begins to do nonsense and how will this be reflected in their minds? Yes, they are crazy, but they have always surrounded the brand itself and largely because of these wonderful games. You do not think so? if not, then you are mistaken. There will be many letters.
I personally think that the policy of turning exclusives into a multi-platform, albeit with temporary shifts, depreciates the very choice and in the future will break the very essence and the system for producing exclusive games as image solutions without regard to the budget and direct sales. Blockbusters or some niche projects, but Sony always invested in them, for which this platform became famous. But this multi-platform and support of Wishlist like “I want to play what and where I want” will bring nothing good, imho. And where they begin to count the invested money, there will immediately appear popular market trends and flight control of the author’s sweeping ideas and terms/conditions, etc., etc. There will be code-like shooters, assassin-like actions, and indeed any super-duper popular for the resulting "rule 95 ". That's when this happens, the games for me will cease to be something special for a pleasant pastime.
And for me personally, fears are only in this, but I am sure that I am not alone in this reasoning.

Last edited:

Xmengrey

You will just play the PS4 game on PS5.
Exactly what PS5 remaster if there is one.
I bet if they ever do anything of the sort it will just be a PS5 enhanced edition but with the PS4 disc.
Just the cases will have PS5 Enhanced on em.
Remasters of old PS3 Games on the PS4 sold well due to a complete lack of BC as it just wasn't possible on the PS4, so these games had to be ported over to the PS4.
From PS4 to PS5 nah especially with Microsoft saying if you get an Xbox One version of a game at least their first party titles, you get a free Xbox Scarlett Version as well.

Though a PC Version that can sell well especially considering PC has many form factors, mods, and just better capabilities than even a PS5 can muster but a PS5 remaster for people who already own the game nah that won't sell well.
The PS5 at best is likely just going to be a RX 5700 XT with custom RT hardware and 8 Zen2 Cores clocked at 3.2GHz. That will be a mid-range PC come late 2020, and especially early to mid 2021 when the generation really starts going.

Last edited:

Cato

Banned
You are not a fanboy, no. You are just the one who is used to the console itself, physical copies of games, but you can also easily jump onto a PC at your convenience. This is normal, it is adequate.
But the people who supported the platform all this time just because there were unique and exclusive games - these are fans. They are for the idea itself. And then Sony begins to do nonsense and how will this be reflected in their minds? Yes, they are crazy, but they have always surrounded the brand itself and largely because of these wonderful games. You do not think so? if not, then you are mistaken. There will be many letters.
I personally think that the policy of turning exclusives into a multi-platform, albeit with temporary shifts, depreciates the very choice and in the future will break the very essence and the system for producing exclusive games as image solutions without regard to the budget and direct sales. Blockbusters or some niche projects, but Sony always invested in them, for which this platform became famous. But this multi-platform and support of Wishlist like “I want to play what and where I want” will bring nothing good, imho. And where they begin to count the invested money, there will immediately appear popular market trends and flight control of the author’s sweeping ideas and terms/conditions, etc., etc. There will be code-like shooters, assassin-like actions, and indeed any super-duper popular for the resulting "rule 95 ". That's when this happens, the games for me will cease to be something special for a pleasant pastime.
And for me personally, fears are only in this, but I am sure that I am not alone in this reasoning.

I really don't know how to parse this.
Are you implicitly saying I am don't support sony properly, in contrast to you that are part of "the people who supported the platform all this time"? And that "you can also easily jump onto a PC at your convenience"?

Is that how you see yourself and me?

I don't support sony properly, eventhough I have a room dedicated to nothing other than sony consoles. I have every main model PS, PS2,PS3,PS4,PSP,VITA,Classic and even Pocketstation, and most of the different submodules for each.
I have several thousand SONY games I purchased original when they were new, and thousands of others I got second hand.

I am supporting sony the wrong way?
I would ask sony who they think supports them better. The guy that bought thousands of original games and collect their consoles
or the angry little man on the internet that is angry because PC folks can suddenly play HZD.

You are just trolling me, right?

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
The biggest reason to buy into the Playstation brand is Sony's reputation for producing AAA singleplayer games that can't be played anywhere else. I find this difficult to believe. You can't say 'never' but you certainly can say 'unlikely'.

BaneIsPain

I will definitely buy it on pc again but if Sony’s direction by releasing every exclusive on pc, there is no reason to buy ps5 at all.

vkbest

I only focus on one Platform for gen and currently I´m console player because Sony exclusives and Japanese games. Japanese games this gen has been releasing their games on PC, if Sony release their games on PC, even those games releases 1 or 2 years after, I will go to PC (I have only a 6 years old portable Mac). Im a guy who spend around $1500-$2000 for games each year, so Sony will lose around 10k-12k next gen on PSN sales with me if this is confirmed.

Unless Sony is opening their PC store, and giving the games you bought on PSN on this PC Store, I think this is the dumbest move they can do, they would only boost Steam and Epic stores.

Also, it will be funny, if Microsoft let you install windows on Scarlett and buy those games from Sony or Steam, PS5 would be fucked up

Last edited:
You are just trolling me, right?
Not at all. Maybe I didn’t make it clear so that you understand. But the PC has never been and never will be another yet gaming platform for Sony. The release of games from internal studios on the PC will end badly for both their business and the audience in the long run. Why? This will kill the brand itself. You may not agree with this, but you should not judge by yourself and by some 12-year-olds on whom you have a strange fixation. Do not rejoice over the PC guys, it's too duplicitous, because who wanted to play already done it a long time ago.
The right solution would be to distribute games through the service model (PSNow) and this is the only possible development path for the business. Comparison with Microsoft, which you can throw in, is a priori incorrect, because for them, the PC market is adjacent. They have not taken the quality of their games for a long time, I doubt that this will change, but in quantity to fill their game pass. Sony has a completely different approach to business, her own niche, her own path. Look at Nintendo, for example. To do like everyone else has never been about Playstation. In this generation, without exclusives, Sony would not have taken such a serious tear-off position. And if you are a fan, then you must completely understand this.
Who thinks that PC is not a competitor for Playstation - think again. Thanks to Microsoft, PCs are even more competitive than ever and executives at Sony understand this best of all experts at this and any other forum. I will just remind you:
"Andrew House: PS4's main competitor isn't the Xbox, it's the PC." 2016 year.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Microsoft releasing Xbox games on pc: lol no reason to buy an Xbox.

Sony releasing games on PC: great more players gets to play the game.

Fake or not, I bet horizon would sell extremely well on PC, and then maybe even more people would want to buy PS5 just to play horizon 2.

Or wait for the superior PC version. Not everyone needs to play games day one, and pc got plenty of games.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Microsoft releasing Xbox games on pc: lol no reason to buy an Xbox.

Sony releasing games on PC: great more players gets to play the game.

Or wait for the superior PC version. Not everyone needs to play games day one, and pc got plenty of games.

Microsoft is releasing games day one on PC. Horizon Zero Dawn came out in 2017.

If Sony starts doing what MS is doing, then yea, no reason to get a PS5 either. Which would be fine by me.

manfestival

I find this hard to believe as well. Yes we had the whole EGS exclusive thing with Quantic Dreams but those are their games in partnership with Sony. HZD is first party to the T.

While I barely play my PS4... I do like having it around for the exclusives.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Oh my! A first party game on PSNow! What a contradiction he noticed! So clever!

Bloodborne has been available on PSNow for years and nobody bat an eye. But NOW it's supposed to be a big deal?

He can be such a damned dunce sometimes.

Switch port when???

It will have better IQ (see AA), just everything else will be downgraded to achieve it. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Last edited:

Virex

Banned
This would be great news if Sony exclusives start coming to PC then I won't need to buy a PS5 and there is no need for Scarlett either because MS exclusives are coming to PC as well. This would be awesome. No need to buy a new PlayStation or Xbox again. Then I can stick with PC and Nintendo

Siri

Banned
Not at all. Maybe I didn’t make it clear so that you understand. But the PC has never been and never will be another yet gaming platform for Sony. The release of games from internal studios on the PC will end badly for both their business and the audience in the long run. Why? This will kill the brand itself. You may not agree with this, but you should not judge by yourself and by some 12-year-olds on whom you have a strange fixation. Do not rejoice over the PC guys, it's too duplicitous, because who wanted to play already done it a long time ago.
The right solution would be to distribute games through the service model (PSNow) and this is the only possible development path for the business. Comparison with Microsoft, which you can throw in, is a priori incorrect, because for them, the PC market is adjacent. They have not taken the quality of their games for a long time, I doubt that this will change, but in quantity to fill their game pass. Sony has a completely different approach to business, her own niche, her own path. Look at Nintendo, for example. To do like everyone else has never been about Playstation. In this generation, without exclusives, Sony would not have taken such a serious tear-off position. And if you are a fan, then you must completely understand this.
Who thinks that PC is not a competitor for Playstation - think again. Thanks to Microsoft, PCs are even more competitive than ever and executives at Sony understand this best of all experts at this and any other forum. I will just remind you:

Your logic is terrible.

The Sony brand won’t ‘die’ for what should be the obvious reason - IF Sony were to start porting exclusives to the PC, and IF doing so ended up having a negative impact, Sony would cease porting to the PC long before any real damage could be done.

I’m surprised you think so little of the people running one of the largest tech firms on the planet.

Three

It's basically foolish not to give some support to PC at this point. PCs are as ubiquitous as phones are, so you have a built-in audience to sell to. However, I don't think going the route of Microsoft and releasing all of their games day-and-date would be a good fit for Sony. Rather, a delayed strategy that ports some of the "Best of PlayStation" after a period of time being exclusive to PS5, is a much better strategy for them. It still lets them use exclusivity to sell their console, while also tapping into a large built-in audience for older products. That way, they can get a taste of what you can find on PS5.

This to me, sounds like a much better long-term strategy.
It might not be day and date if it happens. What might happen is that they will release a sequel on PS5 only and have the old games released on PC with the hope they will get a PS5 to play the sequel. MS did this with gears and Halo before during the beginning of those IPs.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i enjoyed the game but i have absolutely zero desire to play it again. there are a lot of flaws and it would be frustrating and tedious to replay it. i'll just wait for the sequel.

GymWolf

Switch port when???
We already have that
tfoc_grimlock.93828170017.original.jpg

Cato

Banned

You sound like a child with an inferiority complex.
You are so "true fan" you cant even read and parse what other people write and just resort to tell people off like "you are not a true fan if you are ok with HZD being released on PC".
That is childish. It is a great game. Lets cherish that more people get to play it.

So, you just keep saying I am not a proper fan while you are the real fan. And I can basically just switch to PC when I want to because
I am not proper fan.

Lets put it to the test then. How many SONY PS* games have you bought original hard copy(not second hand).
It is ok if you just estimate. Round it down to the nearest thousands.
I think I am at about 3 thousand. Possibly. Guesstimate. Cant be really fucking bothered to count them all,
(Guestimate based on 2-3 games a week for close to 3 decades, size of bookshelves and huge boxes in the shed. )
There is well over a thousand games in the SONY room but I only keep the top of shelf games there, like Vagrant Story, Xenogears etc or else I would drown in games.

Do not count any "preowned" or second hand games. Only physical releases you bought new.
What is your count?

Tell me again, I am not a proper SONY game console supporter but you are.
You and me go to SONY and ask who they think is "the proper fan" or some bullshit like that and we see what they say?

I think your tribalism and soccer-club-fan mentality is what we do not need in gaming.
We all have our preferences but we are all gamers at the end of the day.
We do not need some immature "I feel offended if my game is ported to other system" childish nonsense.

Last edited:

nikolino840

For Sony to put their first party games on PC would basically be suicide. With MS putting all their games on PC, why then would anyone bother with consoles?

I've said it before: why invest all that time and money in creating your own hardware, including your own OS and online services, just to say, "Hey, but you can also play all our games on your PC, so you don't need to worry about this machine."

It's ... stupid, quite frankly.

Then again, maybe that's why we recently saw all those departures at Sony? Maybe the company has decided to take this direction, some didn't like it, and so they've decided to move on.

Remember something, too: the PlayStation division is one of the few profitable sectors of Sony; the music, movie, and phone sectors aren't doing so good (haven't been for years), and they binned off their PC range many years back. PS+ is making them a lot of money, but that's only so long as they're able to keep gamers on their platform. If Sony really do start putting their first party games on PC then they're not just shooting themselves in the foot, they're taking a shotgun and blowing an entire leg off.
Yeah how many teens/kids and casual player buy a gaming PC instead of a console for Christmas?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Yeah how many teens/kids and casual player buy a gaming PC instead of a console for Christmas?
Exactly.

It's all about distribution.

Doesn't seem Apple cares everyone from Walmart to Best Buy to Amazon and other stores sell Apple gear, when in theory they could shut all that down and hoard all sales by funneling everyone to Apple.com and Apple stores. They would cut out all the middlemen.

Why sell Macs at a discount to stores to resell for $1,500, when Apple can get all of it by selling it for $1,500 only through them?

mejin

IMO It doesn't work for MS, it won't for Sony, it wouldn't for nintendo. Sure, you have more players to buy your games, but it clearly fucks the necessity to buy your hardware. Unless you have plans to focus on services like MS or plan to be a 3rd party, a hardware manufacturer need to have exclusives for their platform.

Even if we're talking about a possible future where services, streaming will be normal... there is always exclusives projects for the platform...HBO, Apple TV, Netflix, Prime...you need something different to offer.

We just have Halo selling great on a non xbox platform, people now know they don't need to be in MS ecosystem to have their games. Even if Halo Infinite doesn't have a simultaneous launch on Steam, people already know they don't need to buy Scarlett to play it, the waiting game is more realistic than the possible "oh, they won't wait and buy an xbox to play the game asap"....people don't really mean it when they say this, they are just happy the games are coming to their toy.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
IMO It doesn't work for MS, it won't for Sony, it wouldn't for nintendo. Sure, you have more players to buy your games, but it clearly fucks the necessity to buy your hardware. Unless you have plans to focus on services like MS or plan to be a 3rd party, a hardware manufacturer need to have exclusives for their platform.

Even if we're talking about a possible future where services, streaming will be normal... there is always exclusives projects for the platform...HBO, Apple TV, Netflix, Prime...you need something different to offer.

We just have Halo selling great on a non xbox platform, people now know they don't need to be in MS ecosystem to have their games. Even if Halo Infinite doesn't have a simultaneous launch on Steam, people already know they don't need to buy Scarlett to play it, the waiting game is more realistic than the possible "oh, they won't wait and buy an xbox to play the game asap"....people don't really mean it when they say this, they are just happy the games are coming to their toy.
Sony 2019
The PlayStation business' sales forecasts for the full year has also been reduced by ¥200 billion ($1.84 billion) to ¥2 trillion ($18.36 billion). Operating income is now expected to be ¥40 billion ($367.2 billion) lower at ¥240 billion ($2.2 billion).

Margin. About 12%

Activision 2018
$7.5 billion sales, $1.8 billion profit

Margin. About 25%

EA 2019
$5.1 billion sales, $1 billion profit (which already excludes some one-off tax gains)

Margin. About 20%

So even with PS4 raking in the money from first party games, hardware, digital cuts of 30%, PSN+ fees, Sony is expecting to make about $2.2 billion in profits, which isn't even much more than Activsion. And all they do is multiplats.

Take away all the profits Sony gets from 30% cuts, PS+, controllers and hardware, and Activision makes more profits than Sony. And all Activision does is milk a couple multiplat games per year.... which is what Sony can do since they release a couple big selling games per year too.

It's not like Sony's PS base will shrivel to 5 million consoles. Do you really think UC or God of War coming to Xbox and PC will suddenly make every PS gamer drop a PS console for an Xbox or PC?

As I said before, they are leaving a lot of money on the table.

mejin

Sony 2019
The PlayStation business' sales forecasts for the full year has also been reduced by ¥200 billion ($1.84 billion) to ¥2 trillion ($18.36 billion). Operating income is now expected to be ¥40 billion ($367.2 billion) lower at ¥240 billion ($2.2 billion).

Margin. About 12%

Activision 2018
$7.5 billion sales, $1.8 billion profit

Margin. About 25%

EA 2019
$5.1 billion sales, $1 billion profit (which already excludes some one-off tax gains)

Margin. About 20%

So even with PS4 raking in the money from first party games, hardware, digital cuts of 30%, PSN+ fees, Sony is expecting to make about $2.2 billion in profits, which isn't even much more than Activsion. And all they do is multiplats.

Take away all the profits Sony gets from 30% cuts, PS+, controllers and hardware, and Activision makes more profits than Sony. And all Activision does is milk a couple multiplat games per year.... which is what Sony can do since they release a couple big selling games per year too.

It's not like Sony's PS base will shrivel to 5 million consoles. Do you really think UC or God of War coming to Xbox and PC will suddenly make every PS gamer drop a PS console for an Xbox or PC?

As I said before, they are leaving a lot of money on the table.

You have to consider ps4 is at its end of life cycle. Boon will come again with PS5. If MS bring their games to PS they kill xbox and their ecosystem to be full 3rd party imo. I don't have any reason to believe it would be much different if Sony does the same even more with gamepass devaluing games like crazy.

But I wholeheartily agree with you that's why I mentioned unless Sony has plans to focus on services like MS or plan to be a 3rd party, they still need big exclusives to maintain playstation brand with a strong market and mind share, to be strong as a manufacturer. MS couldn't compete that's why they changed again and again this gen, so they could do something different. And this is really good, options.

When they feel the need hardware to be less important, they will change and adapt too. Maybe this is will happen during PS5 gen, maybe they have other plans, who knows. But I think if they want to still officially launch playstation in more than a hundred countries, to have this strong presence all around the globe, they still need to have a hardware as their main platform for their ecosystem, not just as an option like xbox.

In the end, there are pros and cons to every decision you make. I don't believe in win win situation like I said people don't mean it, they are just happy to see the games coming to their favorite toy.

Last edited:

Shifty1897

Horizon on PC would sell a shitload of copies. Would be a good way to establish an IP right before announcing the sequel is a PS5 exclusive.

I don't know if Sony would go that route, but I see the argument.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Horizon on PC would sell a shitload of copies. Would be a good way to establish an IP right before announcing the sequel is a PS5 exclusive.

I don't know if Sony would go that route, but I see the argument.
I don't it would set the precedent in people's minds of games showing up on PC and skip Sony hardware leading to less console sales which Sony cares about most for the 30% eco system cut and psn free money.

Xmengrey

I don't it would set the precedent in people's minds of games showing up on PC and skip Sony hardware leading to less console sales which Sony cares about most for the 30% eco system cut and psn free money.

Alright hardware sales are little profits for Sony that is if it's even a profit at all and the money doesn't just go straight back into manufacturing costs. Console hardware sales are only meant to drive people into the ecosystem where people will buy third party games, PSN PLus, and exclusives.

PC Gamers buying PS consoles and only buying the single player exclusives does nothing for Sony. In fact it might be detrimental to them since a customer buying a PS4 only for exclusives, is a customer not buying a PS4 for what makes Sony the real money. Though this is just speculation but factually speaking consoles main money comes from game sales, and subscriptions
PC Players also wont' be buying PSN Plus either.
Software and Subs is where the Money is made.
putting their first party titles on PC would increase software revenue even more so since PC is all digital so no used games, or manufacturing to worry about just making the port.
PC Players won't be buying PlayStations but Sony could potentially make far more revenue in having PC Players just buy their games on PC as opposed to having them buy a PS console(manufacturing costs), and only exclusives which means they get no sales from third party licenses and no PSN free money.

Could it potentially cut into hardware sales sure but as I've said before hardware is not where the money is made.

Except it does work for Microsoft their hardware sales weren't improving, them keeping their games off the PC wouldn't have made a difference in fact it would be detrimental since they would be lacking in software sales where the money is made.
Microsoft doesn't benefit much from PC Gamers buying a console to just to play their exclusives but because they broadened their audience they make more in terms of software sales where the money is made and subscriptions due to GamePass for PC
Console users won't all be jumping to PC, some like the disc based model that is on console and will stay there. Some people will jump because they want power.
If you are someone that prefers console which there is a good amount of those people out there who prefer console, and are willing to pay for Xbox Live or PSN thus MS and Sony will make money there. There are those that prefer the PC and now MS, and Sony have a broader audience to get more software sales from even if it means those PC Users don't need to buy their hardware which again isn't an issue as PC Users buying the hardware just means Sony isn't getting sub money or third party games money from them.

You also can't compare streaming services to the exclusivity model on consoles even with the streaming services having exclusive shows, those shows can be on any device you just have to buy the streaming service to access a show though this will have TV/streaming piracy on the rise though. The streaming services main business model where the money is made is to get you to into their streaming service and paying a monthly subscription.

Sony, MS, and even Nintendo's main money makers aren't hardware it's software and subs.
You have to consider ps4 is at its end of life cycle. Boon will come again with PS5. If MS bring their games to PS they kill xbox and their ecosystem to be full 3rd party imo. I don't have any reason to believe it would be much different if Sony does the same even more with gamepass devaluing games like crazy.

But I wholeheartily agree with you that's why I mentioned unless Sony has plans to focus on services like MS or plan to be a 3rd party, they still need big exclusives to maintain playstation brand with a strong market and mind share, to be strong as a manufacturer. MS couldn't compete that's why they changed again and again this gen, so they could do something different. And this is really good, options.

When they feel the need hardware to be less important, they will change and adapt too. Maybe this is will happen during PS5 gen, maybe they have other plans, who knows. But I think if they want to still officially launch playstation in more than a hundred countries, to have this strong presence all around the globe, they still need to have a hardware as their main platform for their ecosystem, not just as an option like xbox.

In the end, there are pros and cons to every decision you make. I don't believe in win win situation like I said people don't mean it, they are just happy to see the games coming to their favorite toy.

Sony putting their games on PC wouldn't mean much in terms of their brand power or mindshare for the console audience.
Console audience and the PC audience is largely different.
While game tastes are similar in some ways there are things that separate the two like a larger presence of physical media on consoles and mods on PC.
People won't just jump ship immediately, some will but most won't but Sony will make more money in the long run as they just expanded their audience while competing with Microsoft.
Hardware isn't where the money is made, and PC Users don't buy third party titles, or PS Plus subs they only buy the single player exclusives which doesn't net Sony much.
As the whole point of exclusives is to drive hardware sales but the point of hardware sales is to drive third party game sales, and subscription sales.
People doing the first two doesn't net Sony much but Sony expanding their audience to just the PC means they can increase software revenue while taking a very little hit on their hardware sales but that is more than made up by software revenue.

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Just so I know, what will the new stance be for Sony fans, I mean, is it going to be good that games release on pc as well? Or does Xbox still have no games? Is this for the players or what? Because these goal posts man...

But in another point...

I bloody LOVED this game so more people playing it is great stuff.

Last edited:
Logvinov is full of shit. He has done so many times some crazy and untrue stuffing, for example, at E3 2019. One must believe his words with a great deal of skepticism.
In this way, if what is said is true, Sony will anger the fans. And Sony throughout her story was dependent on fans. This can be disastrous for them.
I'm responding to your post, but any similar post could have taken its place:
  • Sony must be making some calculation of the cost/benefits of having PC releases of their exclusive games (hint, there are around 250 million Fortnite players, most aren't on consoles)
  • They must have made some kind of market analysis to measure the amount of cannibalisation that could happen if they started to release their first party games on PC
  • The engine they use is supposedly built with multiple platforms in mind from the ground up (I can't find the source, but I recall reading that somewhere, so maybe they want to go after Unreal engine too?)
I have a PC and there are games I just won't play at 30FPS, an action game must be very good in order for me to tolerate it, so I'll bite again if they don't have a PS5 patch that unlocks the frame rate.

Xmengrey

Hey guys it seems like the Horizon Zero Dawn coming to PC was mentioned elsewhere before this guy got on board. 11/20/2019

Leaked ReMIND release date I mean it could have been revealed at State of Play but Dec 10(SoP), and Game Awards are only two days apart from each other.
xZAGHsX.jpg

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
VFXVeteran VFXVeteran So give me a prediction when is Horizon Zero Dawn for PC gonna be announced?
Game Awards?
State of Play?
January?

I never ask for those kinds of specifics. I doubt if I would ever get any of those details. But I will say pay attention to all the 1st party titles that have been made already.

Last edited:

iorek21

Hey guys it seems like the Horizon Zero Dawn coming to PC was mentioned elsewhere before this guy got on board. 11/20/2019

Leaked ReMIND release date I mean it could have been revealed at State of Play but Dec 10(SoP), and Game Awards are only two days apart from each other.
xZAGHsX.jpg

Doubt the EGS part, Death Stranding is getting a Steam release, I see no reason why HZD wouldn't get one

But then again, even the idea of HZD coming to PC is kinda crazy...

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
What is SMT?
Shin Megami Tensei (5 in this case, a Switch announcement for now though the series has been on tons of others - yet most recently IV and IV: Apocalypse were on 3DS), the series Persona spawned from, though it's generally more hardcore, more serious, more old school, and not so much about school children in comparison.

Last edited:
Your logic is terrible.
You sound like a child with an inferiority complex.
Oh, how beautiful it is! You guys make me laugh. If you do not remember the history, it is better to look at how this business at Sony developed. PlayStation without exclusives will not be the same PlayStation. And here in your heads for some reason there is a cognitive dissonance. The development of such a business should take place within the ecosystem, the release of exclusives on the PC does not correlate with this development. And again, your poor fixation on kiddies and attempts to accuse me of wrong thinking, most likely due to your lack of understanding of this business. Why do exclusives no longer matter? They are now more needed than ever. And if you think, that the PC at all not competitor for Sony, then you idiots, not I illogical child. Once again, it is not necessary to be equal to Microsoft and compare, they have just the development of the most focused within its ecosystem and the operating system as a whole. What Sony forgot in the PC market? They have nothing in common with the PC. Bringing PC players to your console in this way? Don't be ridiculous. Make money? Find your brain, it's lost. Any release of their major exclusive games on someone else's platform will have a negative impact on the sale of their own. It's obvious. As a result, this translates into a large lack of final profit. Because Sony is important to drag players from other platforms to his own, and not try to earn as a normal publisher. Does the release of the game on PC contribute to this? Of course not. Why are you trying to convince me otherwise? In my opinion, if anyone is out of his mind, it's not me.
In short, time will put everything in its place. We just have to watch what happens and how. Good day.

The Sony brand won’t ‘die’ for what should be the obvious reason - IF Sony were to start porting exclusives to the PC, and IF doing so ended up having a negative impact, Sony would cease porting to the PC long before any real damage could be done.
I'm totally fine with that. But why initially climb on the PC? Purpose?

xrnzaaas

It would be nice for PC players to experience the beautiful world of Horizon and I don't think that PS4 would lose a major exclusive. It's an older game now which you can buy very cheap. The majority of PS4 players interested in these types of games already own it.

Last edited:

pqueue

This would be great news if Sony exclusives start coming to PC then I won't need to buy a PS5 and there is no need for Scarlett either because MS exclusives are coming to PC as well. This would be awesome. No need to buy a new PlayStation or Xbox again. Then I can stick with PC and Nintendo
PCMasterRace for the win!!!!!

pqueue

I'm totally fine with that. But why initially climb on the PC? Purpose?
If there is a 3 year lag or whatever, the brand and platform won't "die" in any way shape or form.

By your logic, every movie theater should have shut down since movies come out on blu ray and digital streaming months later.

Virex

Banned
PCMasterRace for the win!!!!!
Not really...I'm not 5 years old so I don't care about the who is better and what platform is better or what PC is better than console. I'm more interested in just playing games and having fun no matter which platform I play it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom