• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn on PC (Same guy that "predicted" Death Stranding)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xmengrey

So an insider on GAF said many PS games will be coming to PC in the next few years (just you wait to see this unfold).
Lo and behold, it's only games coming to PSNOW which you can stream to PC...…..(chuckle doodle doo).... :messenger_grinning_smiling:
Who says its only on PS Now you act like just because it's announced for PS Now a PC Port is just completely not gonna happen except PS Now is also on PS4 and acts as a GamePass. It could also just be that the PS Now announcement comes first the PC Port announcement comes later.
Aren't you the same guy who claimed in ResetEra that the next gen consoles to have a GPU that is equivalent to GTX 1080 in performance?
That's likely the PS5 at least according to the leaks so far will have a RDNA 1 36CU GPU clocked at 2Ghz, the GPU is Gonzalo look up more on blue nugroho's twitter they research this stuff and compile leaks the PS5 could easily have RX 5700/GTX 1080 perf.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
I'll be having that last laugh thelastword thelastword
Hey VFX, no issues......You know I'm an evidence guy, when it happens I'll concede that you were right......If it's not I hope you do the same...….

Who says its only on PS Now you act like just because it's announced for PS Now a PC Port is just completely not gonna happen except PS Now is also on PS4 and acts as a GamePass. It could also just be that the PS Now announcement comes first the PC Port announcement comes later.

That's likely the PS5 at least according to the leaks so far will have a RDNA 1 36CU GPU clocked at 2Ghz, the GPU is Gonzalo look up more on blue nugroho's twitter they research this stuff and compile leaks the PS5 could easily have RX 5700/GTX 1080 perf.
So you are still hoping, that's the spirit...….Nothing wrong with that......Though if you really want to play these Sony games I'd suggest you get a PS4 or get a PS5 and play them via BC.....hopefully with some enhancements....

Xmengrey

Hey VFX, no issues......You know I'm an evidence guy, when it happens I'll concede that you were right......If it's not I hope you do the same...….

So you are still hoping, that's the spirit...….Nothing wrong with that......Though if you really want to play these Sony games I'd suggest you get a PS4 or get a PS5 and play them via BC.....hopefully with some enhancements....
Not so much that I'm still hoping but the PS Now announcement for HZD doesn't really disprove the PC Port is all I'm saying it could very well not happen I'd be disappointed because Sony getting in on PC is step towards progress but it is what it is if it doesn't.
However there have been tons of people that have been reputable in the past that have been saying it's either possible, it's happening and it's not just HZD. Jason Schreier said it's possible and even said on reddit once when replying to someone as to why he didn't outright confirmed he said a lot of the time it's just that he likes he hear it from multiple sources, Rand Al Thor also has heard from multiple sources about a PC Port coming though this PS Now announcement makes him question the leaks(though he himself isn't an insider as he said before) I think we are all jumping to conclusions here personally.
There is also Kofi from Press Start Kofi who has heard it himself from someone he trust so.

Anton who has a shaky track record mind you said February will be the release mind you it's in russian so I don't know if he actually said that or if Feb is the announcement. Or if Feb is the release date and the announcement is coming soon, he just said soon no date, no month, nothing just soon it's coming soon.

It's entirely possible the PC Port isn't happening at all and never was but all this just confirms is that HZD will be on PS Now not that a PC Port isn't happening and I find it to be a bit flimsy to conclude due to it being on PS Now which is also on PS4 BTW , a native PC port is an impossibility.

It could very well be that they are gearing up for a HZD 2 announcement which I've seen someone rumor on PC Gamer that it's a title that could show up on PC but there will be a year lag after the PS5 version.
So it could be HZD PS Now, then the PC Port, then HZD 2 PS5, then HZD 2 PC this is obviously speculation of course but I wouldn't discount the possibility as many sources have stated it's happening with Jason Schreier saying it's possible and going on reddit and saying in a reply to someone that and hinting that he heard it's happening but only from one source of information obviously he trusts this source if he thinks it's possible.

Though if VFXVeteran VFXVeteran can nail down some sort of timeframe for an announcement that would help in it's credibility when many people are super quick to call this thing and him fake even though it still has a possibility. I personally want to give the man a chance to speak and let this thing play out.

I personally speculate January - early Feburary since that seems like a good timeframe to announce it, it's the new year everyone has gone back to work, HZD PS Now has been released replacing God of War which the director would also love to see on PC but as he said it's above his paygrade though interestingly he didn't say it's impossible just above him so who knows.

Now if the game director or the producer or someone who worked on HZD who would have access to high level information about the going ons in the studio said there is no truth to the PC Port rumor as they would most certainly know even if the PC Port is being made by a small team of people.
Certainly not everyone in the studio would know likely to keep leaks to a minimum so only people that the information would be relevant to would know other people like Simon Larouche that people on here try to use as a way of debunking this rumor who btw is only working on a Guerilla Games multiplayer IP and has probably nothing to do with the team working on HZD and it's sequel or even the spin-off that's coming out.

I should also add that this multiplayer game that Simon is directing could very well end up on PC as per Shawn Layden's statements about Sony wanting to have certain games that go into a wider audience.

Last edited:

Neofire

From my observation, I see an individual talking too much/defending on something he claims to "know" 100% will happen.

I have my doubts, having certain games on PSnow to stream is one thing it for Sony to put almost all of their best Exclusives on pc Natively, when they have a new console on the mist of launching(with backwards compatibility) is not only Stupid but screaming, "we want the ps5 to sell as badly as possibly"

If I have a pc that can play the game at max settings why would I even bother with a enhanced version on ps5.

thelastword

Banned
Not so much that I'm still hoping but the PS Now announcement for HZD doesn't really disprove the PC Port is all I'm saying it could very well not happen I'd be disappointed because Sony getting in on PC is step towards progress but it is what it is if it doesn't.
However there have been tons of people that have been reputable in the past that have been saying it's either possible, it's happening and it's not just HZD. Jason Schreier said it's possible and even said on reddit once when replying to someone as to why he didn't outright confirmed he said a lot of the time it's just that he likes he hear it from multiple sources, Rand Al Thor also has heard from multiple sources about a PC Port coming though this PS Now announcement makes him question the leaks(though he himself isn't an insider as he said before) I think we are all jumping to conclusions here personally.
There is also Kofi from Press Start Kofi who has heard it himself from someone he trust so.

Anton who has a shaky track record mind you said February will be the release mind you it's in russian so I don't know if he actually said that or if Feb is the announcement. Or if Feb is the release date and the announcement is coming soon, he just said soon no date, no month, nothing just soon it's coming soon.

It's entirely possible the PC Port isn't happening at all and never was but all this just confirms is that HZD will be on PS Now not that a PC Port isn't happening and I find it to be a bit flimsy to conclude due to it being on PS Now which is also on PS4 BTW , a native PC port is an impossibility.

It could very well be that they are gearing up for a HZD 2 announcement which I've seen someone rumor on PC Gamer that it's a title that could show up on PC but there will be a year lag after the PS5 version.
So it could be HZD PS Now, then the PC Port, then HZD 2 PS5, then HZD 2 PC this is obviously speculation of course but I wouldn't discount the possibility as many sources have stated it's happening with Jason Schreier saying it's possible and going on reddit and saying in a reply to someone that and hinting that he heard it's happening but only from one source of information obviously he trusts this source if he thinks it's possible.

Though if VFXVeteran VFXVeteran can nail down some sort of timeframe for an announcement that would help in it's credibility when many people are super quick to call this thing and him fake even though it still has a possibility. I personally want to give the man a chance to speak and let this thing play out.

I personally speculate January - early Feburary since that seems like a good timeframe to announce it, it's the new year everyone has gone back to work, HZD PS Now has been released replacing God of War which the director would also love to see on PC but as he said it's above his paygrade though interestingly he didn't say it's impossible just above him so who knows.

Now if the game director or the producer or someone who worked on HZD who would have access to high level information about the going ons in the studio said there is no truth to the PC Port rumor as they would most certainly know even if the PC Port is being made by a small team of people.
Certainly not everyone in the studio would know likely to keep leaks to a minimum so only people that the information would be relevant to would know other people like Simon Larouche that people on here try to use as a way of debunking this rumor who btw is only working on a Guerilla Games multiplayer IP and has probably nothing to do with the team working on HZD and it's sequel or even the spin-off that's coming out.

I should also add that this multiplayer game that Simon is directing could very well end up on PC as per Shawn Layden's statements about Sony wanting to have certain games that go into a wider audience.
Schreier saying HZD is possible means very little though...….Bayonetta 2 is possible on PS4, Forza is possible on PS4, doesn't mean it's happening....Mario and Zelda is possible on all platforms too, it's certainly not impossible due to hardware, but lets be honest, it's not happening.....

I'm not even saying Bayonetta can never show on other platforms in the future, but the main IP's that belong to Sony and Nintendo is not happening on PC...….Maybe next gen, PC players will be able to stream these games at 1440p or 4k on PSNOW instead of 720p......That may be the upgrade these guys are talking about.....but I imagine there would be a native 4k 60fps enhanced version on PS5 anyway....so it will still play and look better on local hardware....

Xmengrey

Schreier saying HZD is possible means very little though...….Bayonetta 2 is possible on PS4, Forza is possible on PS4, doesn't mean it's happening....Mario and Zelda is possible on all platforms too, it's certainly not impossible due to hardware, but lets be honest, it's not happening.....

I'm not even saying Bayonetta can never show on other platforms in the future, but the main IP's that belong to Sony and Nintendo is not happening on PC...….Maybe next gen, PC players will be able to stream these games at 1440p or 4k on PSNOW instead of 720p......That may be the upgrade these guys are talking about.....but I imagine there would be a native 4k 60fps enhanced version on PS5 anyway....so it will still play and look better on local hardware....

Actually Jason Schreier saying it's possible means quite a bit actually he's an industry insider and someone with trusted sources. and as he said at least in a response to someones question as to why he doesn't confirm or deny. He heard it only from one source an likes to hear it from at least two or more before he says something definite.

If he says it's possible he's not pulling something out of his ass, and would have had to have heard something somewhere from someone he trusts to say that it's possible it could happen.

If you or I say Bayo 2 or Forza is possible on PS4 with no source, no industry insider leaks we would be talking out of our asses.

Also the whole HZD on PC being possible was Jason's response to someone asking him to put the rumor to bed because he could but he didn't saying I can't put it to bed, and after that he said it was possible.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Just to be clear, I never specifically said one of my sources told me that HZD was coming to PC. I showed my source that "HZD coming to PC" and his comment was "there will be more.." -- as everyone can already see happening (whether 1st or 3rd party). When I went back to confirm specifically about HZD, he said he honestly did not know. But he DID tell me of a game that will surely be more shocking than HZD coming out. And no, I will never tell what this game is because it's way too much of a big deal and jobs could be lost and/or legal actions taken. You'll just have to wait.

Last edited:

Xmengrey

Just to be clear, I never specifically said one of my sources told me that HZD was coming to PC. I showed my source that "HZD coming to PC" and his comment was "there will be more.." -- as everyone can already see happening (whether 1st or 3rd party). When I went back to confirm specifically about HZD, he said he honestly did not know. But he DID tell me of a game that will surely be more shocking than HZD coming out. And no, I will never tell what this game is because it's way too much of a big deal and jobs could be lost and/or legal actions taken. You'll just have to wait.

Alright then for this shocking game not gonna ask what it is got an announcement timeframe roughly a ballpark when it gets announced.
Sad you probably can't get an announcement date on HZD PC announcement
Oh and one more question is this game not Spider-Man?

thelastword

Banned
Actually Jason Schreier saying it's possible means quite a bit actually he's an industry insider and someone with trusted sources. and as he said at least in a response to someones question as to why he doesn't confirm or deny. He heard it only from one source an likes to hear it from at least two or more before he says something definite.

If he says it's possible he's not pulling something out of his ass, and would have had to have heard something somewhere from someone he trusts to say that it's possible it could happen.

If you or I say Bayo 2 or Forza is possible on PS4 with no source, no industry insider leaks we would be talking out of our asses.

Also the whole HZD on PC being possible was Jason's response to someone asking him to put the rumor to bed because he could but he didn't saying I can't put it to bed, and after that he said it was possible.
Ok you seem to trust Jason, that's ok, but like I said to VFX, we will see how this all falls down in a few months like he suggested.....I hope I see you return and chime in when all this settles.....

Xmengrey

Ok you seem to trust Jason, that's ok, but like I said to VFX, we will see how this all falls down in a few months like he suggested.....I hope I see you return and chime in when all this settles.....
I trust Jason mainly on track record and reputability lots of people seem to trust him and his leaks.
If it was just Anton I 'd have some hope but I'd be highly skeptical of how true this rumor is that being said hopefully something comes out of it soon, I need the entertainment.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Alright then for this shocking game not gonna ask what it is got an announcement timeframe roughly a ballpark when it gets announced.
Sad you probably can't get an announcement date on HZD PC announcement
Oh and one more question is this game not Spider-Man?

I have no idea about a timeframe and didn't need to know. And not answering any questions about it. Sorry.

FranXico

Final Fantasy VII Remake

How shocking!!!

SleepDoctor

Banned

Fanboys like you trust Jason only when it fits your narrative lol. You kids should just stay out of threads when it doesn't concern a platform you own. Its sad how hard you guys try when you feel threatened by the competition to YOUR PLATFORM OF CHOICE, cuz you're not sony or anything significant but a customer. Its sad at this point.

Xmengrey

Horizon Zero Dawn on the PC by February seems highly unlikely.
Why were not at January yet. I mean it could not happen but ending December doesn't really mean much. They could make the announcement in January then release it in February

https://kotaku.com/sources-horizon-zero-dawn-is-coming-to-pc-1841043569

Mmm.... not happening, like, never.

Stop your shit already. You don't know anything, you don't have any real sources. You just sit there and wonder. After all, you have not mentioned a single fact that would come true. You didn't give us any information that suggested anything. The performance of the gpu in consoles is not higher than GTX1080? This is not true and today we learned about it. Sony is interested in the PC market and will even show some love for it? It's not really noticeable, you know. NOT A SINGLE FACT! Why would anyone believe you after that? You lie like a Logvinov. You just jumped out on a wave of hype and began to talk loudly about what you have no idea, but have sources that told you so much about... Nothing. You looked like a PC retarded guy the whole time. That's why for your nonsense and fanaticism you got a ban era. People like Jason Schreier have real insights, they're professionals. Who are you? You kicked down the door and started pacing back and forth, telling stories. Made-up fairy tales, sucked out of a finger. And for exactly the same reason you got a ban on the era. Although there is not the most pleasant place, fanaticism quickly flies for lies. And this is fair, it seems to me. You’re still laughing there. A very popular guy in tight circles.

i am ready to eat my own shit and stream it if this actually happened

Its never, ever coming to PC and I'll do a giveaway if I'm wrong

large.jpg

Last edited:
I definitely would like to play Sony games with the best settings on my PC. I don't see a problem with this at all. I wonder if The playstation controller will become native to Windows 10 as well.

Holammer

I definitely would like to play Sony games with the best settings on my PC. I don't see a problem with this at all. I wonder if The playstation controller will become native to Windows 10 as well.

A Sony issued signed driver for Dualshock controllers would be godsent.
I'm still baffled they haven't done it already, it's not like they sell them at a loss.

Bergoglio

Ok guys, God of war is coming to PC.

Xmengrey

Jason can be wrong, but I'm really looking forward to Sygma's giveaway if it's true.
A copy of HZD on Steam bitte. If it is EGS exclusive, pass.
Jason when it comes to leaks is never wrong like ever. If he confirms it's happening it's 99% chance of it happening. He'll only talk if he's confident.

VFXVeteran VFXVeteran so um Horizon Zero Dawn coming to PC as a native port, so if you want, you can play it via PS Now, or download it from the I'm assuming Epic Store hopefully Steam and play it on a RTX 2080 Ti or whatever AMD"s new card is

Last edited:

gaming_noob

For those hundreds of thousands of Sony fans who played the superior version of Gears 5 for only $1 on PC Gamepass (importantly, cancelled after beating the game), Looks like your Next gen hardware was in your bedroom all along.

Entroyp

I’ll double dip and finish the game a third time. I can’t imagine how good this game could look on a beefy PC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom