• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT2| Red Head Redemption

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Something I think they ought to add to the melee combat in the sequel is a critical counterattack stab if you execute a perfect dodge - so, basically, bullfighting.

Ability-wise, I really hope they'll add the ability to carry around the crab shields or the stalker cloak and use them until their energy runs out, just like you can with enemy weapons.

I'm really hoping you can use the parts for more varied kinds of traps or gadgets instead of just selling for shards. Also, I think they should rip off a quest from Nier Autumata called The Mad Inventor where the point of him is you just dump money at him. I finished the game with so many shards that i wish I had more things to buy.

_Isaac

Something I think they ought to add to the melee combat in the sequel is a critical counterattack stab if you execute a perfect dodge - so, basically, bullfighting.

Ability-wise, I really hope they'll add the ability to carry around the crab shields or the stalker cloak and use them until their energy runs out, just like you can with enemy weapons.

Oh these ideas sound pretty good!

WxXpZ0n.gif

Fredrik

Oh wow! Probably 40 hours in now, still the second best game this generation after BOTW! I just get more and more wowed the more I play. I really like that it gets quite challening and that there are tons of different ways to deal with the enemies. My current play style is to build Predator style trap areas and lure the enemies in and let them get blown to pieces by a series of traps. So satisfying to see the big ones go down this way. :)

Wonderful job showing off the game, and without really spoiling anything. Loved it.

I really appreciate you and Sunhi sharing your beautiful work here.
Thanks, Venture. Sunhi definitely inspired me to make more stuff like I used to, and with Horizon it was even easier to commit to since I love the game so much.

chaosaeon

See I'd love to make gifs or videos but since I'm playing with HDR, every time something gif worthy happens I can't save it because the colors are all wrong. You have to set out with the intent to make gifs and turn off HDR which kills so much of the unpredictability. I don't understand why there isn't an option to "disable HDR for recorded videos", unless there's some tech reason that can't be done.

There needs to be a way to play with HDR on, but not record the HDR. As of right now it means if you play with HDR, you effectively lose the option to record video. Not sure why that's cool with everyone.

Update 1.20 with updated Photo mode

We're very happy to share that our upcoming 1.20 patch, currently scheduled for release next week, will include an update for Photo Mode.
We are adding three new filters, the ability to show a grid, an option to add ‘greetings from' to the image, the ability to select different poses for Aloy, select a facial expression and make her look into the camera.

Improved photo mode with new features
- Added poses for Aloy
- Added facial expressions for Aloy
- Added 3 new filters
- Added a ”look at the camera" mode for Aloy
- Added ”greetings from" cards
- Improved the camera controls

unknown.png

Version 1.20 will include a slider that will adjust the camera/aim sensitivity, supports a Map legend where you are able to filter on icons, more HUD customization options (hide enemy stats, quest markers and tutorial tips), the ability to hide head gear and more.

unknown.png

Patch 1.20 comes out next week..

unknown.png

QoL updates:

Added a sell stack option at merchants when double tapping the square icon.
Added filters and a legend to the in game map and the quest map.
Added several new custom HUD options.
Added an additional blue health bar on top of the player's health bar whenever the Shield Weaver Armor is equipped to indicate the amount of extra health points the armor is providing.
Added difficulty setting components to the Shield Weaver Armor's damage protection. On hard mode the armor received a 40% armor reduction, on very hard the armor received a 66.6% reduction.
Added the option to categorize and sort your inventory.
Added categories in the crafting menu
- Green check mark for categories that are finished
- White icon for categories that have recipes that can be crafted
- Grey icon for categories that have no recipes that can be crafted
Added the feature in the Sell menu at merchants, you can now press triangle to mark one or more items to sell items quicker.
Added gameplay time to the statistics menu.
Changed the timing of some tutorials that were repeatedly displayed, they are now less frequent.
Added the option to control the x and y axis sensitivity of the camera.

Fixed an issue for some players where the fan would speed up when opening the map on a PS4 Pro.

Added the option to hide headgear for Aloy.
XD

Lady Gaia

Phenomenal support for an already stellar game. Guerilla obviously care a great deal about feedback, and are understandably doing what they can to make even better tools for the community to continue to promote Horizon. I look forward to the inevitable flood of new photos from the world.

I'm also looking forward to going back to the world to wrap up the platinum. Presuming I find the time it would only be my second platinum ever, in good company with The Witness.

Melchiah

We are adding three new filters, the ability to show a grid, an option to add ‘greetings from’ to the image, the ability to select different poses for Aloy, select a facial expression and make her look into the camera.

Fixed an issue for some players where the fan would speed up when opening the map on a PS4 Pro.

Nice! I wish more games would do the same, the map/menu fan noise fix included. I'm looking at you Uncharted 4 and Tomb Raider.

The first 8 hours have been very strong. I've just been wondering if it will be able to pull off this level of variety, and wonder for the next 30-40 hours. The story took my breath away with
the proving massacre
, holy shit! I didn't expect it to go in this direction.

This game is amazing!

chaosaeon

My Pro sounds like a hair dryer when I open the map, so this is fantastic even just for that. And the headgear hiding is also welcome. I'll give them some time to add that Sunhi Gameplay Filter to the next patch though lol. I'd also like it if your health/medicine would disappear when you aren't at full health and have it set to always off. I have it set to always off but it won't go away until you heal which is kind of annoying.

Spladam

Update is amazing news, GG has jumped to the top 3 of my favorite Devs right now. Gonna Platinum this game in the next two weeks, can't wait for the DLC, was late to the party for the main game, but I'm on the DLC day one.

Well it took a while but they finally added the option to hide helmet. Definitely gonna do playthrough again after platinuming persona 5
Edit: maybe future patch can add a shoulder change button?

HardRojo

Holy shit the amount of support Guerrilla is giving this title is amazing. I think I'm close to finishing it, I'm cleaning stuff up before going for what I believe are the final main quests of the game. Stellar effort from Guerrilla, I'm fascinated by the story and will definitely be there for the sequel.

The QoL support is off the charts, off the top of my head I think a couple of things could be added too:
  • Different icon color (not white, like everything else) for health plants in the world for easier recognition when looking for them.
  • Sorting your weapons and armor in the inventory menu (is the new update providing that option? Looks like it).
  • Highlight heavy weapons for a few seconds after being removed from machines like Ravagers and Thunderjaws, so that you can spot them easily and quickly. Sometimes I had trouble finding them in the heat of the battle, especially when knocking down a Thunderjaw's Disc launcher, which really comes in handy.
  • Filtering icons in the map menu.

For the sequel I think they should improve the weapon wheel by adding a toggle button that lets you access 4 more weapons on the fly, I'm surprised this isn't an option right now but it should definitely be something to look into for the next installment.

Again, great work Guerrilla! Glad to see this game doing well.

Kuldar

For the sequel I think they should improve the weapon wheel by adding a toggle button that lets you access 4 more weapons on the fly, I'm surprised this isn't an option right now but it should definitely be something to look into for the next installment.
Having the ability to define some favorites weapons configuration could be great. Switching (with a cooldown) from a favorite weapon configurations to another on the fly could be great. When you face multiple machines, sometimes you don't have the most fitting weapon for everyone and having to go in the menu in order to switch weapons is annoying.

HardRojo

Having the ability to define some favorites weapons configuration could be great. Switching from a favorite (with a cooldown) configurations to another on the fly could be great. When you face multiple machines sometimes you don't have the most fitting weapon for everyone and having to go in the menu in order to switch weapons is annoying.

Ah yeah preset configurations would be a great addition too.
Another improvement I would add for the mount would be holding X for maximum speed, rather than pressing it several times, I still have trouble understanding how the mount works exactly lol.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
"Fixed an issue for some players where the fan would speed up when opening the map on a PS4 Pro."

That's awesome!!!! Encounter this all the time myself, and it's quite annoying. I wonder why they mention it as "some players".....i haven't heard of anyone where this doesn't happen to them. Either way, a very welcome fix.

Finally fired this up. Just got into the village or whatever it is. Pretty interesting so far.

Any tips for people staring the game like me? Certain skills I should look at, etc?

I platinumed the game over a month ago and only just got the reward in my email. However. It was an avatar rather than a theme.

mulyU3sh.jpg

I'd have preferred the theme tbh but oh well.

firelogic

I platinumed the game over a month ago and only just got the reward in my email. However. It was an avatar rather than a theme.

mulyU3sh.jpg

I'd have preferred the theme tbh but oh well.

Same here. I just got the email for the avatar. It only took 6.5 weeks to get it :D
I'm from Canada by the way.

Blablurn

A little late to the party but can I get ALL trophies that I have missed during the campaign after completing the final mission?

Spladam

Did you win a contest or something Legend? Pretty awesome shit though.
-Edit: Wow, they signed your art book too, that's killer man, congrats.

Nevermind, I read back through the thread, good job, you deserved that. That one gif you made that ends with the Long Legs sonic blasting Aloy after a flyby from a Glinthawk is amazing. Glad your skills led to some rewards there, very nice camera direction in the gifs too.

Top Bottom