• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn - Preview Thread [Up: All Previews Live]

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Don't go in the spoiler thread unless you really, REALLY don't care about having the game spoiled. There's a huge spoiler already but luckily it had already been spoilt for me.

DON'T DO IT.

Don't go in the spoiler thread unless you really, REALLY don't care about having the game spoiled. There's a huge spoiler already but luckily it had already been spoilt for me.

DON'T DO IT.
And this is when I bail out on Sony threads in general. Had uncharted 4's lil secret towards the beginning ruined in a random thread about Sony exclusives at the time.

See ya guys later

ckaneo

DON'T DO IT.

I just went to the thread and didnt see anything.

Honestly a huge pet peeve of mine is when people call speculation spoilers.

I don't think there's anything that can be considered a spoiler in the thread that hasn't been revealed in a trailer or preview thus far.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I just went to the thread and didnt see anything.

Honestly a huge pet peeve of mine is when people call speculation spoilers.

The huge spoiler I'm talking about isn't 'speculation', it's a pic.

Don't respond to this post or try being vague to hide what we're talking about. Take it to the spoiler thread.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Yeah, there are no spoilers in there unless you've been on a media blackout since the concept art came out. :/

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
giphy.gif

MastAndo

Is the game being sold anywhere early in the States, or is it just this one guy (from Brazil?) that has it?...just wondering if I should bother calling around the usual spots in my area.

Tyaren

So for everyone who doesn't dare to set foot in the Spoiler Thread, here's what I found out about Pro enhancements there:
It runs in 4k mode (downsampled on 1080p TVs) by default, no other modes or options.
No one could confirm if texture filtering or shadow maps were also improved though as GG intended. Hope they worked it out, since textures on some of the leaked shots of the base PS4 version looked really blurry at oblique angles.

So for everyone who doesn't dare to set foot in the Spoiler Thread, here's what I found out about Pro enhancements there:
It runs in 4k mode (downsampled on 1080p TVs) by default, no other modes or options.
No one could confirm if texture filtering or shadow maps were also improved though as GG intended. Hope they worked it out, since textures on some of the leaked shots of the base PS4 version looked really blurry at oblique angles.

Nice. Can we get some non-spoilery Pro screens if possible?

X-Frame

I won't spoil too much for you guys but the music is fucking great

One of the reasons why I loved Witcher 3 so much was the ambient music when just exploring and traveling throughout the world. I don't know if that is what you are referring to (I hope so), but in any case it's great news the hear!

One of the reasons why I loved Witcher 3 so much was the ambient music when just exploring and traveling throughout the world. I don't know if that is what you are referring to (I hope so), but in any case it's great news the hear!

I really hope that's the case. I'm in complete agreement with you. In fact, when I think of Witcher 3, the memory that really just comes to mind is walking through a forest in the game with that fantastic soundtrack playing.

I really hope that's the case. I'm in complete agreement with you. In fact, when I think of Witcher 3, the memory that really just comes to mind is walking through a forest in the game with that fantastic soundtrack playing.

Indeed, but this is also why I get quite annoyed at those who don't think sound or music is that important to the experience in media (films, TV and games). Audio/Sound is one aspect that has the biggest emotional impact on a person overall because it's a trigger factor for so many emotional states.

LotusHD

Banned
Indeed, but this is also why I get quite annoyed at those who don't think sound or music is that important to the experience in media (films, TV and games). Audio/Sound is one aspect that has the biggest emotional impact on a person overall because it's a trigger factor for so many emotional states.

It's one of those things we take for granted, that we assume the developers won't fuck up or at least make it serviceable.

One person already has the game and two or three more might have it tomorrow, so thought it would good to have a place for spoiler-tagged thoughts and overall impressions

If you're risky, here's the spoiler thread

Thanks for this! Very curious about the difficulty scaling for enemies, if you can just get your ass kicked in five minutes into the open world by walking into a wandering thunder jaw

Cant decide between Mass effect or this. I really just want to know that it doesnt fall into the usual trap of ubisoft repetitive with the "towers" and unlocking parts of the map.

TheRatedD

Can't believe the game is so close to release. I'll stay away from any real info, and haven't watched a trailer in months, but I'm interested in seeing how people are liking it.

Gaawww I was gonna make this thread, but was told the Preview one was being used instead... Was gonna do a nice banner an everythiiing :p

Seriously though, thanks for creating a spoiler free one :)

Cant decide between Mass effect or this. I really just want to know that it doesnt fall into the usual trap of ubisoft repetitive with the "towers" and unlocking parts of the map.

You should get Mass Effect dude, I've heard that Horizon has fallen into the trap of being rendered in pixels on a screen. Derivative trash confirmed.

Top Bottom