• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHG

Gold Member
The real question is do I also need to get a pro for this game? How big are the differences on a 1080p TV?

Brix

Welp. It won't be a long week. Gravity rush 2 and Nioh will keep me company. Horizon, Nier automata, Persona 5, Tekken 7, and CRASH. THIS YEAR IS GREATNESS.

Velcro Fly

Opencritic tracking how much individual reviewers deviate from the mean and the direction they deviate is some interesting data.

Hanmik

Would you say the game still looks amazing and is giving you that "Wow effect" on a vanilla PS4 as well?

It would bother me if the gap between the two versions is severe.

Oh it still looks amazing an the vanilla PS4. One of the Best looking Ps4 games to date, and the best looking open world game to date.

f@luS

More than a member.
amazing

cant wait

now the question

im in vacation very far from march 1 to 8

i come back, ill have my switch + Zelda as well as horizon delivered

i think ill play more the switch on the go anyway but which to go first........2 insane open world AAA games

boskee

In Switzerland it's the other way around: 1 is the worst and 6 is the best, I hope I just blew your mind!!1

Same in Poland.

As for the reviews, the ones I trust the most have given it 8-9/10 so that's good, but I'm concerned about Austin Walker not feeling it.

Are there any other reviews out there that we are expecting to be added to MC or is 63 the total? I was hoping this would hit a 90 but if it lands on a 88, I think GG would still be happy with that.

Zedark

Thé MetaScore is getting destroyed by this US Gamer review

Would have probably hit 91-92
It happens. UC4 dropped from 94 to 93 by a 4/10 that didn't appear in the review itself but was invented by Metacritic itself. We really shouldn't care that much about single points imo.

ChelseaLoveX

Neo Member
Does anyone expect this game's price to drop by the summer?

Seeing as Nintendo rarely drops prices for their big titles, I'm thinking it would be better if I pick up Horizon later after a price cut, or I'd be waiting FOREVER for a Zelda price cut :p

There's really no point in buying both games together or near one another since I can only focus on one at a time anyway.

Danielsan

Great scores, but I'm still only cautiously optimistic due to all the Far Cry comparisons. The last thing I need right now is an Ubisoft style open world game. I will probably pick it up once I'm done with Breath of the Wild however.

Seeing as Nintendo rarely drops prices for their big titles, I'm thinking it would be better if I pick up Horizon later after a price cut, or I'd be waiting FOREVER for a Zelda price cut :p

There's really no point in buying both games together or near one another since I can only focus on one at a time anyway.

It took a long time for UC4 to drop, I expect it will be the same for this.

rockx4

Was expecting it to be a bit lower, looks like GG delivered. If it wasn't releasing so close to the Switch\Zelda I would get this.

Toki767

The game's price is going to drop in a month.

It happens to any non-Nintendo game.

Amazing reviews. I can't wait to dive in on launch day.

Also glad to see concern trollers tuck their tales and run. Time to put that non-sense to bed as it was starting to get ridiculous.

Trickster

Trying to avoid as much information on the the game as possible.

But do any of the reviews draw parallels to other games when describing size or the world or the amount of content?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom