• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn will be an early 2017 title according to german journalist

Sorry, he mentioned it in the stream so I have no real Source by now.

here is the stream, german stream http://www.twitch.tv/rocketbeanstv

I hope he just misunderstood him. They had the game designer as guest a few hours ago and maybe he told him what the release window is.

lock if old.

Edit:

The Interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4FHRRhON24 (in english)

Does NOT mention the early 2017 date. That was mentioned later in the stream. I'll post the video where he mentions 2017 when it's up, but it's german.

Update!
Hey GAF!

Mark Norris from Guerrilla here. I just wanted to let you all know (and hopefully a mod can put it in the OP) that we are targeting a 2016 release date.

DieH@rd

Banned
And I can find journalist who can say that this is late 2018 game.

Why post this if there is no real source?

Sony need to be doing everything in their power to have that out by Christmas next year considering MS's lineup for end of 2016 as is (Crackdown 3, Halo Wars 2, Scalebound, Forza Horizon 3 assumingly).

Walpurgis

Banned
I hate when publishers lie about release windows and end up "delaying" games. I really hope that's not the case here. I don't think Sony has done that before, at least not in an obvious way like Ubisoft.

Ragona

Why would we believe this....no reason.

because they had a dev in the livestream before ;)
They didn't mention it in the interview though - so either they spoke about it offcam and it slipped out, or it was simply a mistake.

eFKac

If a game doesn't come out during the Holidays it doesn't count as a game so I would prefer it to release on Holiday 2017 actually.

Red Hood

Banned
I don't believe it, but very disappointing if true. There should be an unwritten law of only announcing games that are 1.5 years away from launch at the very, very most. Six or nine months would be perfect (e.g. Fallout 4, announced in May and expected to release in October).

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Because he said it on stream, but the Video where he said it needs to be uploaded on youtube, as they don't do archives on twitch.

Yes they do. They're just deleted after something like two weeks. Or 30 days. I'm not sure. Some period of time. But they absolutely do archives.

gijsbrecht

Neo Member
If true, I would not be too dissapointed because I already expected it to be a very late ( November, December) 2016 title. A few months later would not bother me very much. as long as they take their time to make the best game possible.

hohoXD123

I hate when publishers lie about release windows and end up "delaying" games. I really hope that's not the case here. I don't think Sony has done that before, at least not in an obvious way like Ubisoft.

That's just the nature of game development, no lying involved. Other than MN9 a week ago...

Better not be. Getting tired of Sony's first party games being delayed this generation. One could say, it doesn't matter, the PS4 is selling so much that they can take their time. To an extent, that's true, but they really can't be getting complacent. Microsoft's line up is shaping up to be quite nice and constantly delaying titles is a bad look, even for the market leader.

Hopefully it's just a misunderstanding, though. The game looked like it was in great shape at E3.

A bit OT, but at 4pm CEST naughty dog will be guest there, talking about uncharted 4 and showing maybe? new footage of the collection.

Tratorn

The interviewer wasn't really informed about the game/studio when he interviewed Mark from GG. He didn't even knew about the big leak of the game last year and he also thought GG was a PS studio from the beginning. There were some other things I can't remember.
So there is a high chance this is a misinformation too.

But well, I wouldn't bet on it of course because Horizon is probably a good candidate for a delay.

RK128

I doubt that; unless they have God of War 4 and Sony Bend's new IP ready for next year, then I can buy that (as those two games should be enough for the Fall 2016 as PS Exclusives).

But until we hear more, I doubt this is the case at all. Horizion was the best Sony exclusive they had for the PS4 and I think they would want it to launch as a big fall 2016 title.

My guess is that 2016-2018 is when Sony is really going to kill it with first party exclusives, as they have so many teams being tight lipped about projects alongside some recent announcements being promising:
-Horizon
-Dreams
-God of War 4
-Sony Bend New IP
-Guerrilla Cambridge's Morpheus project
-Last Guardian
-Ratchet and Clank 2016
-Uncharted 4
-Gravity Rush 2/Gravity Rush PS4/ect
-Indie exclusives and co-developed projects (Street Fighter V, No Mans Sky, ect)

Next year onward is packed with Sony software, so its a matter of waiting to see what happens rather then assuming the game is pushed back to 2017.

Better not be. Getting tired of Sony's first party games being delayed this generation. One could say, it doesn't matter, the PS4 is selling so much that they can take their time. To an extent, that's true, but they really can't be getting complacent. Microsoft's line up is shaping up to be quite nice and constantly delaying titles is a bad look, even for the market leader.

Hopefully it's just a misunderstanding, though. The game looked like it was in great shape at E3.

This too; Microsoft has been really killing it with their use of Rare (Rare Replay, Battletoads in everything, Killer Instinct, Sea of Thieves, ect), BC with 360 games (a HUGE deal) and unifying their PC division of Windows 10 with the X1 (leading to a similar PlayStation system of cross-buy, cross-play and the like). And to top it all off, they are really trying to make Games with Gold better thanks to the announcement that all GwG 360 games forward are BC with the X1 (so 4 games that line-up with the 2-5 games PS4 owners get every month). Sony has their work cut out for them, so they need to step it up :).

Chobel

Either This journalist didn't get this from the devs, or Sony lied about the 2016 announcement.

Sony need to be doing everything in their power to have that out by Christmas next year considering MS's lineup for end of 2016 as is (Crackdown 3, Halo Wars 2, Scalebound, Forza Horizon 3 assumingly).

Sony have got loads of great games coming in 2016 even if Horizon gets delayed (Uncharted 4, Ratchet & Clank, The Last Guardian, No Mans Sky....) so no need for them to worry and they still have some studios that have been working on PS4 games for a while now but not announced them yet.

Both sides are going to have a really good 2016.

Walpurgis

Banned
That's just the nature of game development, no lying involved. Other than MN9 a week ago...
In most cases, I am sure it's honest but Ubisoft pretending that The Division would release in 2014 was lying. A developer leaked to GameSpot saying as much. I guess it was done to please investors so it's not unprecedented.

kevin1025

Banned
Haven't they been working on the game for quite a while now? Early 2017 would be a massive development time. They started work on it in 2011 but it really ramped up in late 2013 after Shadow Fall.

Haven't they been working on the game for quite a while now? Early 2017 would be a massive development time. They started work on it in 2011 but it really ramped up in late 2013 after Shadow Fall.

Yeah, plus Sony said this gen they aren't going to announce things early anymore and will announce games closer to launch, so 2016 seems most logical.

Top Bottom