• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn will be an early 2017 title according to german journalist

Ashtar

Complain when a game gets delayed
Complain when a game is rushed to hit a deadline
Complain when a when a game a gameplay trailer because it doesn't look final (even when a game is years from release)
Complain when a game has a cgi trailer
Complain when reviews are too low
Complain when review are too high
Complain when a game gets patched
Complain when a design decision doesn't get "patched out"

No pleasing the gaf hive mind

Mark just tweeted this

horizon9ufq3t.png

So nothing has changed since E3 as far as the date goes.

This is from a few days ago

horizon8gvlt4.png

Yeah, would be weird if something like with Uncharted 4 happens again, where the announce a 2015 date and shortly after rumors arose that it might not make 2015(and this turned out to be the case).

If this happens to be the case here again Sony should rethink its approach. Rather say nothing about the release date if you can't be 100% sure you'll make it.

Given SCE's track record so far this gen I am expecting a delay.

They don't give a fuck about having games out in the holidays

And they have The Last Guardian as a Fall 2016 title anyway. That alone is all they really need.

If horizon does come out in 2016 I would be expecting an early - mid release like August or something.

If this happens to be the case here again Sony should rethink its approach. Rather say nothing about the release date if you can't be 100% sure you'll make it.

The thing is though, is that Sony is plenty comfortable not giving any dates whatsoever to their game announcements. The following are Sony first-party games with no release window :

- dreams
- Rime
- WILD
- Guns Up!
- Shadow of the Beast
- Everybody's Golf

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Given SCE's track record so far this gen I am expecting a delay.

They don't give a fuck about having games out in the holidays

And that's supposed to be bad?

If you said "out on time" i would agree that this is annoying, but i could care less if a game launch in the pre-season (outside of holidays)

nib95

Banned
Guerilla Games themselves said 2016 several times at E3...I suppose it could be delayed, but the game has been in development for a long ass time.

And they have The Last Guardian as a Fall 2016 title anyway. That alone is all they really need.

"2016"

I think after their last 2 big delays, (Order and Uncharted), we'll probably never hear them talk about their actual intended release window (spring, summer, fall, winter) until they're actually genuinely confident about it.

So they give themselves a buffer and room for 'under-the-radar-delays' by using the broad "year" window. So let's say originally TLG was a summer game that got delayed to fall, no one would know if they never revealed the summer window to begin with.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
with what mircosoft had releasing next year along with this year sony devs need to step up and finish their games

Eggbok

The thing is though, is that Sony is plenty comfortable not giving any dates whatsoever to their game announcements. The following are Sony first-party games with no release window :

- dreams
- Rime
- WILD
- Guns Up!
- Shadow of the Beast
- Everybody's Golf

I imagine we'll get a release date for Dreams at Paris Games Week or PSX. I feel like it would be Q1 or Q2 and will be one of the games launching with or before Morpheus since it has Morpheus support.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
with what mircosoft had releasing next year along with this year sony devs need to step up and finish their games

But again, what assurance we have that all games MS announced to next year aren't gonna be hit with delays?

Or they could take their time to make the game the best it could.

Making rash development decisions based on what your competitors are doing is never the right choice.

How so? do we know which PS4 exclusives (not PC/PS4 or PS3/PS4) will be releasing in the first half?

A few of Sony's bigger games are releasing 1st half of 2016 including: Uncharted 4, Ratchet & Clank and Street Fighter 5. Possibly Persona 5 (I still don't think it will make 2015 in English)

The whole not counting PS4/PC - PS4/PS3 thing is pointless, they are still Playstation Console Exclusives (not on Xbox) so they should totally count when talking about Playstation games. I mean if we really want to get picky, what about soon, when we can play Xbox games on PC ? Do we stop calling Xbox games exclusives.

Sony need to be doing everything in their power to have that out by Christmas next year considering MS's lineup for end of 2016 as is (Crackdown 3, Halo Wars 2, Scalebound, Forza Horizon 3 assumingly).
Sony doesn't need to answer to Microsoft. They set the tone and they like to release games when they are ready and they don't like to cram their titles into the holiday season.

DevilFox

That would be disappointing to say the least. Sony WWS is terribly slow this gen, good thing they have deals with third and second party developers -__- Just when I thought that the Bloodborne's modus operandi (one year between announcement and release) would become more common

nib95

Banned
Given how polished the game looked at E3, a build that will likely to be a year and a half old before the games actual release, I can't see it needing to be delayed. The game has been in development for like 4-5 years already lol.

Horohoro

Sony need to be doing everything in their power to have that out by Christmas next year considering MS's lineup for end of 2016 as is (Crackdown 3, Halo Wars 2, Scalebound, Forza Horizon 3 assumingly).

No reason for them to worry much if by end of 2016/early17 we have Uncharted 4, Horizon, Shenmue 3, possibly FF7R, The Last Guardian....

Why is Guerilla so fucking stingy with footage for this game?

Probably because, if this is true, it is waaaay too early to show anything substantial for a while. If this is accurate, it sounds like the e3 video was a proof of concept video and nothing more.

cheesekao

Probably because, if this is true, it is waaaay too early to show anything substantial for a while. If this is accurate, it sounds like the e3 video was a proof of concept video and nothing more.
That's generally a sign that the game isn't ready to be shown. It's clearly not in playable demo form.
Stingy is an exaggeration. They just released a gameplay demo at E3. It hasn't been 'that' long.

Hindl

I dunno, he said they were "targeting" a 2016 release. I want to believe it, because I want this game sooner rather than later, but given the wording, and how this generation has gone across all developers with delays, a 2017 release still isn't out of the question. Hopefully it's still 2016, but a delay wouldn't surprise me

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Wonder where the journalist got that 2017 release date from...

Someone could have misspoken, he could have misheard, lots of things. Since someone from GG outright said that they were still targeting 2016, I imagine they still are. They would have just dodged or ignored that question if it had slipped at this point.

Top Bottom