• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hot Christmas Cocoa? Hidden Topless Code Found in Twisted Metal Black

2111138767_3f07040756_o.jpg

I had written about this on my blog, but I thought perhaps the subject matter might be of interest to some Gaffers. I apologize in advance to the mods if this subject matter is inappropriate (not to mention concerning a ridiculously ancient game) and plead to be dealt with mercifully if any actions with the ban hammer are to be taken.

Now with that said, Many years ago on some gaming message board (I can't remember which) someone posted a new cheat code for Twisted Metal Black that causes the hot goth chick who drives Shadow to burst out of the top of the car topless on a machine gun turret (it's a pretty powerful attack to boot!). Like all other supposed nude codes in videogame history, this one was met with universal skepticism by other people on the board. I naturally believed this one would be like the infamous Nude Raider but there was a certain confidence in his words that inspired me to try it, and, lo and behold, it worked!

Fast forward to last week when I was stuck at home with a sick daughter. I decided to break out some of the old TM games. When checking out the code section for TM Black on a certain popular FAQ site, I discovered that the infamous topless code was still unknown to the world. I checked out quite a few other code sites and to my surprise, none of them had the code listed. It appeared that the code was doomed to be lost to history, like it never even existed at all. Fortunately, I still remembered it, and today I share it with all of you.

To see some ultra-low res goth chick boobies, choose Shadow, and have the special listed as your current weapon. Hold down all four trigger buttons and simply press triangle, triangle, triangle.

Launch window PS2-era graphics certainly aren't the most erotic thing in the world. But still, it is slightly scandalous in this post-hot coffee world, and it does make you wonder how many other games have similar things hidden in them that no one knows about. Mad props for Incognito for having the cajones to hide such a code in what was a pretty high profile game at the time.

Here is a crappy quality video to show non-owners of the game a brief demonstration. NSFW and all that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51_u08qq3xI&eurl=http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

WiCkEd_Co

I had the game and never knew of this code. Good thing I guess or I would have just been doing it over and over, of course because you said it's super powerful only.

trinest

Or doub some different noice over it. Like some good old licenced music.
That's EA's secret spice. It fixes any broken sound-effect.

akachan ningen said:
What? I used to do that attack all the time. Never realized she was topless.
There actually is a different version of the attack that is common knowledge where you just press up, up, up. She is not topless in that version.

My apologies on the mic noise, I did warn you the video was of crappy quality in advance though. :D

Baryn

Banned
Sometimes, during the hard times, I think David Jaffe is the only person who understands me. Him or one of the people in the art crew.

Hey, less bullshit cutscenes, more pick-up and play games, and more boobies - why not love Dave Jaffe?

Oh I know, has there been a confirmation or denial of online play in the PS2 version of Twisted Metal Head-on? >:|

Alex said:
Creepy codes aside, Twisted Metal Black 2 is by far the sequel I would want the most. :(

The PS2 port of Twisted Metal Head On will include a few levels from the aborted version of Twisted Metal Black 2. It will also apparently include at least couple new characters that were intended for that game: 12pac and Gold Tooth. You can consider it basically Twisted Metal Black 1.5

the_id

I always wonder if the artists designed these women naked first or with their clothes on straight away. I guess this answers the question.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
oh that jaffe and his polygonal titties

well, not his polygonal titties -- that would be disturbing

speculawyer said:
If it was TTWO, a class action suit would be filed and TTWO would be forced to pull from store shelves.:lol
So that would be the time that you sell your stock, right? :p

I'm just messin' with ya, man

Grayman

Jaffe: putting titties in games since before you knew he put titties in games.

Alex said:
oh no, decemebr sales for TM:B will be down from 3 to 2.
thats not funny, I never got my copy of black from sony for buying a net adapter and couldn't find it in stores :(

JeremyR

Interestingly enough, according to the ESRB, that was the only game in the series to be rated M. No nudity descriptor, though.

miyuru

JeremyR said:
Interestingly enough, according to the ESRB, that was the only game in the series to be rated M. No nudity descriptor, though.

TMB was way darker than any of the other TM's, the fact that it's rated M and the previous installments are not is not a surprise, it was pretty much intended this way.

ram

i sold my eu ps2 version - because it was cut down to pure crappiness (all videos are gone, some levels are gone, many things in levels (like the crashing airplane) are gone - its your fault jaffe :mad: and even now, i am angry at this unplayable shit and that i spent money back in the day...

Top Bottom