• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hot Shots Golf Fore! screens (Ratchet & Clank/Jax & Daxter in game)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Oops meant Jak

hot-shots-golf-fore-20040709042832687.jpg

hot-shots-golf-fore-20040709042833109.jpg

hot-shots-golf-fore-20040709042833515.jpg

hot-shots-golf-fore-20040709042831859.jpg

hot-shots-golf-fore-20040709042832296.jpg

hot-shots-golf-fore-20040709042830921.jpg

hot-shots-golf-fore-20040709042831421.jpg

hot-shots-golf-fore-20040709042829905.jpg

hot-shots-golf-fore-20040709042830468.jpg

hot-shots-golf-fore-20040709042829499.jpg

p.s. this game is fun

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Ratchet and Jak are doing sequels
Ratchet and Jak are doing sequels
Ratchet and Jak are playing golf
Rathet and Jak are doing sequels
Ratchet and Jak are costing me money

Sly??

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
But you're gonna miss the hilarious but bad dialogue

"I'll cook your sausages!"
"Your putting makes me hungry!"
"I am the master of par!"
"Tweet, tweet! (Sean Connery-like voice)"

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
"Drink a gallon of Milk"
"Easier than stealing a Quail egg"
"par...PAR!.. Masta ah PA!"

Sly wouldn't fit in because he's cellshaded. Put in the Ape Escape crew to play golf.

aku:jiki

I really don't see the problem here. Who cares?

Are the ones from MNG still in? I need my bowtie-wearing doggy to rock. :(

Yusaku

The animator responsible for that shot should be fired.

Next you'll tell me Mario will have a golfing game!

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Yusaku said:

The animator responsible for that shot should be fired.

Next you'll tell me Mario will have a golfing game!

What am I missing that you're not? What's wrong with that shot...(assuming you're talking about the screenshot...and not golf shot)

Tellaerin

Bog said:
That's so ridiculously stupid.

It's no more 'ridiculously stupid' than building an entire golf game around Mario and friends is. And since Sony hasn't been whoring out Ratchet, Clank, Jak and Daxter in everything from RPG's to cart racers to puzzle games for the last two decades, I'm not sick to death of them yet.

It's a neat little extra. One more reason for me to pick this up, I think. :)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I don't really care how bad the characters are, or the stupid dialogue. The game is fun! GAF tounaments should be fun if you guys ever have them. The tounaments can hold up to 50 friggin people at the same time. Most I've played so far during the beta is 19. I can't imagine having 50 people...must be some mad competition with that many people though

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Would have been pre-ordered if not for fuckin Jak in the game too. I'll just casually walk into the store and buy it the day of.

it would have been funny if they had dressed Jak and Ratchet in golf clothes. Polo shirts and the high socks and shit. they wouldn't look so damn silly.

Tellaerin said:
It's no more 'ridiculously stupid' than building an entire golf game around Mario and friends is. And since Sony hasn't been whoring out Ratchet, Clank, Jak and Daxter in everything from RPG's to cart racers to puzzle games for the last two decades, I'm not sick to death of them yet.

Bad characters are still bad no matter what.....

Gattsu25

Banned
Ratchet's course = vibrant
Jak's course = dead

Tellaerin said:
It's no more 'ridiculously stupid' than building an entire golf game around Mario and friends is. And since Sony hasn't been whoring out Ratchet, Clank, Jak and Daxter in everything from RPG's to cart racers to puzzle games for the last two decades

agreed

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
i'd much rather have sony's 500 mascots than the american replacement characters in the rest of the game.

Floyd

Tellaerin said:

You’re a bit jumpy. Maybe he was just referring to the art style or something. Not the fact that they are milking a franchise. Which to me isn’t stupid anyway.

Gattsu25

Banned
Floyd said:
You’re a bit jumpy. Maybe he was just referring to the art style or something. Not the fact that they are milking a franchise. Which to me isn’t stupid anyway.

it wasn't just one person he was responding to :b

Yusaku

AlphaSnake said:
What am I missing that you're not? What's wrong with that shot...(assuming you're talking about the screenshot...and not golf shot)

Rachet...Clank, whoever the fuck it is (I don't play the games) is posed like his arm is broken.

jarrod

Banned
Soul4ger said:
IAWTP

At least it's not JAK Team Racing.
I'd take a ND developed Sony mascot racer over Jak 3 anyday. CTR was excellent, really every bit as good as Mario Kart and easily ND's best game ever.

I'd rather have Pa Rappa and Lammy, but it doesn't matter much to me. I think I may actually buy this game. I haven't used my BBA for a single game since I got it.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Yusaku said:
Rachet...Clank, whoever the fuck it is (I don't play the games) is posed like his arm is broken.

Huh? The arm is perfectly straight...If you think the elbow is being bent, it isn't. It looks like that, but his whole arm is straight and everything past the arm is his back.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Yusaku said:

I see what you're seeing, but I believe it's just that his arms are moved forward. That joint is his shoulder, not his elbow or a break in the arm. His shoulder is sticking out awfully far though.

Edit: By the way, Clank as a caddy just may be the best thing to happen to any golf game ever.

belgurdo

Banned
If it weren't for the vomit-inducing western characters in the localization I'd actually be interested in this series. Maybe they should have just used Sony mascots instead since they look marginally better.

Top Bottom