• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House of Cards - Season 2 on Netflix - *Spoilers for all of S2*

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

So hyped for this. Currently rewatching S1 to refresh myself. Almost forgot just how much of a boss Frank is.

More of the stereoscopic gifs over on the House of Cards tumblr:

Y2Kxf0e.gif

"I can get you what you need, darling."

SIUtwRJ.gif

"I think he's setting her up."

I've been rewatching, and it's a small thing but I hope for all the episodes from now on they show texts the way they did early on. Easily the best way I've seen a show handle that stuff (I think Sherlock does something similar?), I don't get why they stopped. Maybe it was a Fincher touch.

Draconian

I've been rewatching, and it's a small thing but I hope for all the episodes from now on they show texts the way they did early on. Easily the best way I've seen a show handle that stuff (I think Sherlock does something similar?), I don't get why they stopped. Maybe it was a Fincher touch.

I think he said in interviews that he didn't try to tell anybody else how to direct their episodes, but I do think it's weird that the other directors are sort of mimicking his style, so you'd think everybody would be on the same page in regards to stuff liking showing texts.

I don't like the show. I watched the first season and it started off in a lighthearted manner that gave me Charlie Wilson's War vibes, one of my favorite Tom Hanks movies ever. How wrong I was. It has become unbearably one-note and extremely heavy over the episodes. It's just a story about a COMPLETE asshole with no positive traits at all, and we watch him try to dick over others in his quest for power and glory along with his equally power-hungry demented wife. (Season 1 spoiler)
Congressman Peter Russo was the only good thing in Season 1. It would have redeemed the show for me if he had become the Governor. But now he's also gone.
There's nothing uplifting, redeeming or rooting-for in this show. It's like watching a Dungeon Keeper: The Movie. A show about a Villain dicking over good guys, bad guys, and everyone in between. Very sadistic.

I don't like the show. I watched the first season and it started off in a lighthearted manner that gave me Charlie Wilson's War vibes, one of my favorite Tom Hanks movies ever. How wrong I was. It has become unbearably one-note and extremely heavy over the episodes. It's just a story about a COMPLETE asshole with no positive traits at all, and we watch him try to dick over others in his quest for power and glory along with his equally power-hungry demented wife. (Season 1 spoiler)
Congressman Peter Russo was the only good thing in Season 1. It would have redeemed the show for me if he had become the Governor. But now he's also gone.
There's nothing uplifting, redeeming or rooting-for in this show. It's like watching a Dungeon Keeper: The Movie. A show about a Villain dicking over good guys, bad guys, and everyone in between. Very sadistic.

The exemplification of status, power and limitless ambition baby. Alpha this, alpha that, wouldn't I just love a life like that?

Hell no, but its entertaining to watch just how power corrupts...in this non-reality show.

iiicon

I rewatched the first two episodes of season one last night with Fincher's commentary and really enjoyed it. Even if I'm not the biggest Fincher fan, I've always enjoyed his DVD commentaries because he has such an analytical mind and incredible memory. In each scene with a new actor he provides insight into the character, background on why the actor was hired, and an anecdote which highlights emphasises both those points; or he provides information into the filming process, blocking, set dressing and other details that prove enlightening. I'm not sure if I'll continue listening to these commentaries for the rest of the season, but I appreciated Fincher's insight and recommend people rewatch these two episodes with his commentary on.

Sai-kun

Banned
I rewatched the first two episodes of season one last night with Fincher's commentary and really enjoyed it. Even if I'm not the biggest Fincher fan, I've always enjoyed his DVD commentaries because he has such an analytical mind and incredible memory. In each scene with a new actor he provides insight into the character, background on why the actor was hired, and an anecdote which highlights emphasises both those points; or he provides information into the filming process, blocking, set dressing and other details that prove enlightening. I'm not sure if I'll continue listening to these commentaries for the rest of the season, but I appreciated Fincher's insight and recommend people rewatch these two episodes with his commentary on.

Totally seconding this. His commentary was pretty sweet. Didn't make it through the third episode with another director, but the first two are absolutely worth the watch.

gutshot

Totally seconding this. His commentary was pretty sweet. Didn't make it through the third episode with another director, but the first two are absolutely worth the watch.

How do you watch it with the commentary on? I tried looking in the audio but all I saw were options for stereo or dual-channel.

DominoKid

well i know what i'll be doing for most of this weekend.

Please no more filler episodes, im looking at you Peach building and that strange Library episode, so strange to have so little of the network strings and still adhere to "heres an episode that doesnt contribute a thing". Other than that, best new series I have seen since Breaking bad, couldnt be more thrilled for season 2.

those eps were great. sometimes it's just nice to kick around in a show's world even if it doesn't tie closely to the main storyline.

Panzon

My prayers were answered. I binge watched season 1 two weeks ago and was left craving for more. Everything is fresh in my head so its gonna be easy to follow and enjoy.

Love you Kate Mara

iiicon

How do you watch it with the commentary on? I tried looking in the audio but all I saw were options for stereo or dual-channel.
It doesn't seem to be supported on platforms with older versions of Netflix. I tried it on my Wii U last week but it was unavailable. PS3/PC were fine, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom