• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House of Cards Season 6

BraveOne

v1.dDszMjgzOTA7ajsxNzg4NTsxMjAwOzE1MDA7MjIyMg

Synopsis

What happens in the final season?
With Frank gone, a sort-of-grieving Claire is sworn in and soon causes major controversy with her leadership.

While plot details have been kept under wraps, teaser trailers show people plotting against Claire and wanting her out of the White House – by any means necessary.

Meanwhile, Claire is clear that she has ended the “reign of the middle-aged white man. She announced, in the trailer, that people should “forget whatever Francis told them in the last five years”.

Netflix

Its back for the final season minus Kevin Spacey , Robin Wright ( Claire Underwood) has taken over the main role.

Rotten Tomatoes

The Guardian

The Atlantic

Last edited:
I’ve enjoyed all 5 seasons so far. I’ll be watching season 6. I don’t have any issues letting Spacey go.

Concerned because Claire is probably the most unlikable character in the show.

Makariel

Concerned because Claire is probably the most unlikable character in the show.
I found Frank pretty unlikeable as well. I always thought that's the interesting bit about house of cards, that all likeable characters fail or die, and only the cynical opportunist prevail?

I found Frank pretty unlikeable as well. I always thought that's the interesting bit about house of cards, that all likeable characters fail or die, and only the cynical opportunist prevail?

Frank is unlikeable because he’s villainous. Claire is villainous too. Claire is unlikeable for different reasons.

Sabotage of plans by Frank was usually for power or to further his plan. Claire sabotaged plans because she wanted to get laid.

Joe T.

House of Cards just isn't House of Cards without Frank Underwood, but I'll give this season a chance and hope it surprises me. My expectations are at rock bottom.

Skyn3t

Banned
I loved the first three seasons, the rest can evaporate with this abomination called the 6th season, where they kill Frank Underwood for Kevin Spacey being a horny bull in the past. Amen.

Makariel

House of Cards just isn't House of Cards without Frank Underwood, but I'll give this season a chance and hope it surprises me. My expectations are at rock bottom.
I already thought House of Cards just isn't House of Cards without Francis Urquhart.

p03547d3.jpg

I still think the BBC version is better than the Netflix remake.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I don't think Claire's character can carry a season. The only thing that made her interesting was the dynamics of her relationship with Frank.

Dunki

So the only thing I have heard about this season is an all female kabinet. They are going all out it seems XD

Joe T.

The opening scene of the season gave me a good idea of what was to come. The dialogue, the plot, the music, the way it played off real world events... everything seemed so poorly developed. It was more like a daytime soap opera than an award winning drama. I went looking for some reviews to skim over and the glowing words some sites gave it make me wonder if we watched the same thing.

AfricanKing

The opening scene of the season gave me a good idea of what was to come. The dialogue, the plot, the music, the way it played off real world events... everything seemed so poorly developed. It was more like a daytime soap opera than an award winning drama. I went looking for some reviews to skim over and the glowing words some sites gave it make me wonder if we watched the same thing.

Show should have died with Spacey's acting career

pel1300

If only David Fincher stayed involved with this series....season 1 felt like a David Fincher story...very dark and tragic...then suddenly in season 3 they went full on political satire...boooorrrring.

LOLCats

Banned
Yep started watching the new season last night, really good imo. Should have gotten rid of spacey after season 3. Anyway, i'm looking forward to watching more tonight.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Just finished this season. It was glorious.

The show didn’t just shit the bed. It had explosive diarrhoea in the bedroom, shit was sprayed on walls, carpets, curtains, under the drawers. Splashes of shit under the lamp shade even.

I am so pleased they went balls out bonkers with a season what was always destined to be a train wreck. At least they made it an entertaining, popcorn train wreck. They knew they would have no opportunity to resolve anything, so they didn’t even attempt plot continuity or plausibility. The just went full Homeland. Bless em.

pel1300

Just finished this season. It was glorious.

The show didn’t just shit the bed. It had explosive diarrhoea in the bedroom, shit was sprayed on walls, carpets, curtains, under the drawers. Splashes of shit under the lamp shade even.

I am so pleased they went balls out bonkers with a season what was always destined to be a train wreck. At least they made it an entertaining, popcorn train wreck. They knew they would have no opportunity to resolve anything, so they didn’t even attempt plot continuity or plausibility. The just went full Homeland. Bless em.

If I enjoyed X-Men Origins: Wolverine for its schlock....but did not enjoy The Room for its schlock....will I enjoy this?

Chittagong

Gold Member
If I enjoyed X-Men Origins: Wolverine for its schlock....but did not enjoy The Room for its schlock....will I enjoy this?

I haven’t seen either, but if you like the “so shit it’s actually great” genre then this is one for you. And I am saying this with absolutely no spite, the show was already doomed and they could have done a boring final season, like that school assignment you just don’t want to finish. Instead they said “fuck it, the least we can do is have some fun with completely absurd stuff”.

Top Bottom