• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House of the Dead Overkill Extended Cut (PS3)

Carnby

TheBanditKing said:
Where!? I have yet to see it once, though most of the Arcades in my area have closed up.

I've seen an english House of the Dead 4 arcade game in Albany, NY.

Loudninja

E3: New House of the Dead: Overkilll has 60% more content
House of the Dead: Overkill is heading to the PlayStation 3 with full Move, 3D support and Sharp Shooter rifle shell support. The once Wii exclusive is getting majorly overhauled and will feature about 60 percent more content. There will be new enemies, new levels, new weapons, more unlockables, more audio tracks and more more more! There's even a mini-game during cutscenes where you can shoot at censored words so the censor bar gets knocked off.

The difficulty level has been increased for all you masochists, especially with the boss battles. Sega has also updated the zombie bodies and it's all now based on motion captured movements and uses realistic ragdoll physics.
http://www.destructoid.com/e3-new-house-of-the-dead-overkilll-has-60-more-content-201732.phtml

Loudninja

E3: Hands-on with House of the Dead Overkill Extended Cut
Tara Long and I checked out the upcoming House of the Dead: Overkill Extended Cut, coming soon to PlayStation 3. Sporting a lovely visual upgrade with rather impressive use of 3D and the excellent accuracy of the PlayStation Move controller, it's taken a game that I already liked and turned into one I'm excited to play again.

Check out the video for more of our impressions and stay tuned for more E3 coverage from Tara and I as the night progresses.
http://www.destructoid.com/e3-hands-on-with-house-of-the-dead-overkill-extended-cut-203134.phtml

Sadly, I still don't think we'll ever find out what the motherfucking 'G' stands for.

Especially since 'G' is his official name in all the other HotD games, which occur after Overkill.

I don't have PlayStation Move but I have to say that I would seriously consider buying it just for this game.

GeoramA

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...ill-hunt-mutants-with-playstation-move-in-3d/

qya92o.jpg

List of PS3 exclusive features:
PlayStation Move and Sharp Shooter compatible
OVERKILL fully remastered – available in high definition, with stereoscopic 3D for the first time ever
Extended with 2 additional levels not featured in the original game
Exclusive crossbow weapon
New baby mutant type
New Hardcore Mode – mutants can only be killed with headshots
New Classic Mode – play through the entire game using only the AMS Magnum
Exclusive Missing Reel – an extended boss fight with “Mother” in “OVERKILL”, the game’s final level
Online leaderboards to track high scores and player statistics
Collectibles to grab throughout all levels to unlock bonus materials; comic pages, music tracks, 3D models and 2D artwork
New PlayStation Trophies to unlock
Improved boss fights in all levels
New and improved cutscenes using motion capture
And more still to come!

The House of the Dead: OVERKILL – Extended Cut will be releasing exclusively on PlayStation 3, and will be available in stores across North America on October 25, 2011. We will be revealing more details in the near future so keep it tuned to the PlayStation Blog and our official game page. You can also keep up with SEGA via Facebook and Twitter.

Baconbitz said:
I hate this shit. This gen a lot of games that have been made for the Wii have been put on HD consoles mostly 'cause they didn't sell well on the Wii. Why the fuck do they even sell these games on the Wii in the first place? For a typical "hardcore" gamer it's like putting an ugly guy/girl (depending on your preference) next to a good looking guy/girl. The good looking person being the HD console and the ugly one being the Wii. Devs know the Wii isn't up to HD standards and they know that these types of games don't sell on the Wii. So, why do they even release it on the Wii in the first place when they know that later down the line they'll end up porting it to one of the HD consoles?

This is extremely silly.

1) Many of these games sold very well on Wii, either within or surpassing expectations
2) For most of this gen, the Wii was the only platform with a pointer-based input market worth talking about. The fact still remains that every Wii owner has a pointer that works with HotD. With PS3 you're talking about a fraction of a userbase that is smaller than the Wii's userbase anyway.
3) The graphics in HotD are not something to write home about. The games have always had a campy bad-art style that worked fine on the Wii.
4) If you think many of these games were made "knowing" that they were going to port to HD later, you're insane.
5) They didn't move them to the HD consoles because they didn't sell well on Wii. They moved them to the other consoles because there were some potential sales waiting on other platforms. This isn't about "saving" the game from bad Wii sales. It's about trying to rake in a few more sales, separate from the Wii title.

czk

Typical COD gamer
I don't like lightgun shooters, but Overkill really clicked with me. The game was fun, had great soundtrack and an interesting plot.

Let's start the Wii U port-begging :p.

Tilian

Banned
Thank you OP, this made my day. I adored this game on the Wii--I was playing it at the same time as I was watching Deathproof.

Will definitely get this again, esp. with the extra content.

I really want to get this game. But in order to get this game I ideally need to also purchase the Move. And I don't really want to do that. Dilemma.

Tizoc

Acquiescence said:
I really want to get this game. But in order to get this game I ideally need to also purchase the Move. And I don't really want to do that. Dilemma.
ROFL
Dude...read the 3-4 posts before yours XD

Dachande

I'm getting a Move for Child of Eden anyway, and I want my fucking shooters. Virtua Cop, HOTD - those were the days. It's what I miss most from the HD era.

I've seen one or two gun holster things posted in this thread. What's considered to be the best one? I want comfort and accuracy, like the old guns.

FinalD

If that cover doesn't help sales, maybe this does:

PlayStation Blog said:
Following on from my previous House of the Dead: OVERKILL post, I’m pleased to be able to reveal some more exclusive news for you right here on the PlayStation Blog; this time in the form of a new level reveal. We’re proud to announce the details for the first of two exclusive levels from the Extended Cut; Naked Terror.

Naked Terror sees you fighting your way through a strip club
(a real hardship I know), the streets of Bayou City and a bar, and not only do you have new environments to battle your way through, you also have new stripper and biker mutants to contend with. The other cool aspect to this new level is who you play as, for this level G and Wash are elsewhere, leaving you to take control of Varla (previously an NPC in the original Overkill) and her stripper friend Candy.

Candy seems to have the required staples for any standard stripper: she has a heart of gold, is wholesome, innocent, yet can be naïve to the world. There is one big difference though between her and her stripper brethren; our heroine is pretty handy with a hand cannon, and skilfully adept at taking down enemies. Sounds like my kind of woman really.

There are connections between her and Jasper (the boss at the end of the Plantation level). It was as a hospital volunteer that she first met Jasper and there a romance developed. Now she works alongside Varla, hoping to one day save up enough money for her and Jasper to leave Bayou City for good. To complicate things further Jasper is Varla’s brother. How does this ultimately all fit together? Well, you’ll have to wait and see when the game releases.

These two exclusive levels cover a new side story that reveals additional details to help you understand the main storyline. That’s your lot for the moment, I’ll be back in due course to reveal the details of the second exclusive level.

For the moment enjoy these new screenshots, and make sure you set that level poster as your PC desktop; as I’ve found in the office it’s a real head-turner.
Source:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/08/01/house-of-the-dead-overkill-naked-terror-revealed/

Or the better (less SFW) source:
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/08/01/house-of-the-dead-overkill-naked-terror-revealed/

Acquiescence said:

Nobody else does either, so Move is pretty cheap if you buy used!

Akkad

Banned
Fuck this game looks nice, now I'm pissed I didn't get the Tiger Woods move bundle when Amazon had it for $50.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Oh yes, I will double dip on this one. Looking great.

I just hope they fix the money earning issues that the original had, especially if there are trophies for unlocking things.

Top Bottom