• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House of the dragon season 2, 3 trailers, starts June 16.

Oh my god they're actually doing this normiecore Team Black vs Team Green thing like a simple Google search won't tell you the outcome. This ain't the Super Bowl.

Saying that though between this and The Bear S3 in June I am so glad to be alive. 🔥🔥🔥🔥

jason10mm

Gold Member
TEAM GREEN!!!!

and those other guys I suppose.....

Time to dust off my books and get ready. After the changes and character deletions of S1 curious to see where they go with S2. There will only be a S3, right? That was the initial plan?

Wonder when Rings of Power is supposed to come back. It got sooooooo dusted by HotD in round 1, I'm sure they are not even gonna try to compete in round 2 :p

jason10mm

Gold Member
Paddy Considine as Viserys was delicious to watch, he stole every scene.
His absence is gonna leave a void for sure. I'm not sure if the remaining actors will be able to fill it, particularly the Alicent one if they can't get the younger sons to step up. Rhaenrys descent into total bitchdom though, that should be fun :p

mortal

Gold Member
Paddy Considine as Viserys was delicious to watch, he stole every scene.
He really did. Some very emotional performances toward the end of Viserys' life.
The cast of S1 had some very good performances throughout, and I believe the writers did a good job managing the huge time jumps within a single season.

K' Dash

His absence is gonna leave a void for sure. I'm not sure if the remaining actors will be able to fill it, particularly the Alicent one if they can't get the younger sons to step up. Rhaenrys descent into total bitchdom though, that should be fun :p

I guess you're team green then, traitor.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I guess you're team green then, traitor.
BURN THE HERETIC!!!!
LsXacYc.jpg

If you were in charge of the ad department, how would you have done it instead?
You mean if I was a soulless corporate bag chaser? Lean into it even harder because when you see Wine Mum's on Facebook going off about it before it was even a real thing you KNOW it's a money maker.

But I'm not so.... 🐻

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I want a version of the show where it is Just the Dragons. Here are dragons, and then more dragons.

Looking forward to the return of all these terrible people.

nkarafo

I want a version of the show where it is Just the Dragons. Here are dragons, and then more dragons.

Looking forward to the return of all these terrible people.
For me the scenes with the dragons were the weakest, bar a few exceptions. That applies to GoT as well. Most you see is those beasts roaring and roaring some more and occasionally burning some people. And it's pretty funny how in HotD, where many dragons exist and are all very well known and used by their riders, when one appears they all seem surprised and act like it's something they see for the first time. The direction seems that way too. Like
in the scene where Otto goes to Dragonstone to intimidate Daemon. And then Caraxes appears and he is like "oh, shit". What did he expect? He forgot Daemon has a dragon?

And it's always the same thing. Fly a bit, land, roar. Fly, land, roar. Dragons sure roar a lot, even when there's nothing there to intimidate, like when they are in the middle of flying to an empty sky... Who are they roaring to, some bird? The clouds?

We get it. Dragons are cool. They roar.

kitten roar GIF

I prefer it when the dragons exist in the background and being treated as the object that determines the power of one house over the other. And i love the scenes where the characters interact with them in other ways like
when Daemon sings to Vermithor or when young Aemond claims Vhagar.
But i feel like most of the other scenes where they try to intimidate the audience with them are easy to digest, mainstream monster movie tropes. And i'm afraid when the dance of the dragons escalates, the show will become just that.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Oh, I think you will see why dragons are such a feared beast in the show soon enough. Remember, we are a few generations past when the Targs were routinely frying people, so the dragons have not been out and about much. So while I know about and somewhat understand pet tigers, I'd still be pretty nervous if one was running alongside me with no barrier between.

Buy yeah, that "open mouth roar at the camera" CGI monster shot has GOT to be put on ice for like 10-15 years, minumum. It is sooooooooo overplayed we are the point where characters standing there getting coated in spittle is in almost every version of it :p

Top Bottom