• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Housemarque teasing something for tomorrow

e6f

ButchCat

There is a good chance this is Returnal II or Returnal related. I'm sure this was obvious for some, but they gave Selene Heterochromia (different coloured eyes). The right eye in the tweet is lighter and matches the below screenshot.

returnal-selene.jpeg

Excited but cautious after seeing Returnal's director leave last year. Curious to see if they are returning to their roots or if Sony has positioned them now as their AA flagship studio. Returnal is my favourite game (not that there are many) of the gen so far.

Last edited:

tommib

Excited but cautious after seeing Returnal's director leave last year. Curious to see if they are returning to their roots or if Sony has positioned them now as their AA flagship studio. Returnal is my favourite game (not that there are many) of the gen.
It might be something to just celebrate the anniversary. I’m down for merch, actually. An artbook would me immense.

Krueger leaving Housemarque was my 9/11.

Really have no idea. Definitely Returnal related. It's been long enough that they could get some kind of teaser ready that's substantial, but I don't think this sold that well and the director left. I have no idea what to expect. Maybe some kind of DLC, but I'm kind of surprised they're even doing that.

Returnal ended up being quite a surprise for me, I would love more weapons/gear variety but the core gameplay loop was solid and engaging.

tommib

The whole CTA for Returnal was “breaking the cycle” and there’s shattered glass with Selene’s eyes so she’s free to be replaced with a God of War spinoff?

💀

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I know enough about them to know they make excellent games. I don’t own a PlayStation but my bro and my mate does and holy moly they make great games.

Resogun and returnal are excellent games.

Alienation also.

I’m excited to see what it is.

Last edited:

Holammer

I'm not a super fan like others in this thread, but Returnal's DualSense implementation was something else.
How about a Tower of Sisyphus style campgain where you descend (instead of going up) into a metaphorical underworld (as if the setting isn't bad enough already). Call it 'The Deep Abyss'.

I loved EVERYTHING about this game, the stellar atmosphere, the mystery behind it all, the OST, the artistic direction, the gameplay, but...the game's rogue-like nature can go fook itself, 3rd boss was what did it for me, I just didn't want/didn't have the time to make an almost perfect run of the 1st biome every G'damn time just to power-up the character as to be able to stand a chance against the 3rd biome and its boss even with the various level short-cuts unlocked, i found it to be just wasted time in the end and unfortunately I had to drop the damn game...

How I wish for this to have been a "normal", story driven TPS instead of the rogue-like/rogue-lite we got, ain't nobody got time for this shit and this is why I generally dislike rogue like games.

What a shame, I really, REALLY wanted to adore it, instead, I just ended up liking it and unfortunately never finished it ffs...

These type of games are literally made for me (dark sci-fi) and while I love a good challenge, the repetition from everything rogue-like is where I draw the line...
Getting destroyed by Owl/Genichiro/Ashina again and again ? No problem.
Getting spammed by off-camera IS ninjas on Master ninja in NG2 ? Sure, I can deal with it.
Backtracking all the way to where you died as to get your souls back in souls-likes? that's Ok.
Playing the same randomly generated level over and over and over and over again though ? Fuck off with that shit, why ?

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
but...the game's rogue-like nature could go fook itself, 3rd boss was what did it for me, I just didn't want/didn't have the time to make an almost perfect run of the 1st biome every G'damn time just to power-up the character as to be able to stand a chance against the 3rd biome and its boss even with various level short cuts unlocked, it was just wasted time in the end and unfortunately I had to drop the game...

How I wish for this to have been a "normal", story driven TPS instead of the rogue-like/rogue-lite we got, ain't nobody got time for this shit and this is why I generally dislike rogue like games.

What a shame, I really, REALLY wanted to adore it, instead, I just liked it and unfortunately never finished it ffs...
Castle-speechless.gif

............................................................................................................

The best PS5 game so far if we won't count excellent Demon's Souls Remake.
Sold my PS5 copy and bought it again on PC, can't wait to play it again and DLC (which I haven't played at all) when I'll be in the mood.

Last edited:

tommib

I'm not a super fan like others in this thread, but Returnal's DualSense implementation was something else.
How about a Tower of Sisyphus style campgain where you descend (instead of going up) into a metaphorical underworld (as if the setting isn't bad enough already). Call it 'The Deep Abyss'.
I would hate to know they kept part of the team working on the game for 3 years. Let it die.
Returnal Xbox port
10 copies to be sold. As much as Pentiment on PS5.

Returnal is the only game from them I seemingly can't bring myself to like. Tried it now and then over several months, since I own the PS5, and it just does never click. Always turn it off annoyed and the feeling to have wasted again an hour not really progressing.
I was the same as you for the first 2 weeks, wasn’t able to reach phrike (1st boss).

Then I literally “git gud” and then everything changed, my gotg.

Top Bottom