• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How are you dealing with all this bullshit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ms.Galaxy

I said it before but goddamn you are a fighter. Your posts are some of the ones that are igniting a fire in my heart, that we can help steer even a little bit away from this bullshit, no matter how hard it is. You've done so much more than you can imagine.

Even then...if it gets to be too much, listen to your therapist, think about disengaging, even if just for a little bit. I don't know how, media blackout, meditation, travel, vacation ect

I'd love to attend a protest in a big city but I wouldn't know what to do and I've barely traveled before and I don't want to die. So I'm just continuing to absorb news and sentiments and hopefully I'll be able to talk and convince people worth a damn.

I take small breaks, usually when it's time to eat or sleep, but everything else in between is all about fighting against this new dangerous administration. In that remark, I refuse to stop or disengage until we win this fight. I am not going to sit back and watch people suffer, I'm going to do everything I can to do something about it. Getting involved, protest, march, donate, and engage with different people in different communities to rise up against that madman and his underlings.

Sure, it's not healthy, and sometimes I feel like it's probably best to kill myself, but I am willing to risk everything, even my health and life, to do what I can do to help. I know I am just one person, but if I can convince more to join the resistance against Trump, to volunteer and fight back, then it's all worth it.

honestly, dealing with it all has been pretty easy the past week.

i expected a shitshow right when a few easy win states were too close to call on election night.

i was already mentally in that zone since then.

I was enraged, so many people I just wanna punch in the face for voting in this madman. It's also somewhat of a wakeup call, I may get more involved with the Democratic Party of Orange County here in SoCal. I'm not majoring in political science nor am I majoring in law, but I feel like I should get involved some how. I kinda wanna get involved and at least do something to help with the issues here at a local level. I doubt I'll reach anywhere high like being Congressman, Senator, Mayor,
President?
because of the lack of qualifications.....but you'll never know. Trump made it to the top with zero qualifications, so it's possible, Lol. And Orange County has been leaning towards Democratic these past elections, and we turned the county Blue for the first time since the Great Depression, so the Dems here have made good progress in this Republican stronghold

So, this bullshit has raised my interest in potentially running for an elected office one day, despite in school being a Geology major with Climate Change emphasis. Not necessarily the best qualifications for running an office. haha.

They've learned nothing because doing so would force them to accept partial responsibility. Fuck these people they are narcissistic self-righteous clowns.

There was a survey that asked people sometime in early January if they regretted not voting in the election in 2016. I think the majority said, "nope."

I really wanna see what they say in a couple of months if this is how things are barely 5 days in.

Anyone else having an issue with wondering why bother?

Like I could lose some weight but why bother things are going to shit anyways?

I could save more money for retirement but why bother because Trump will kill us or automation will take over?

Or I should drink less but why bother

Lose some weight and stop drinking so you're fit for anything you need to do, no matter what happens.

Start an IRA or something so you have something invested in your future and something to look forward to.

Trump won't kill us (I don't think), but he'll do his worst most other ways. We have to fight back.

ISOM

I'm tuning out personally otherwise my mental health would take a sever dip. I drudge going to news sites and seeing more horrible news about something else Trump is doing.

I take small breaks, usually when it's time to eat or sleep, but everything else in between is all about fighting against this new dangerous administration. In that remark, I refuse to stop or disengage until we win this fight. I am not going to sit back and watch people suffer, I'm going to do everything I can to do something about it. Getting involved, protest, march, donate, and engage with different people in different communities to rise up against that madman and his underlings.

Sure, it's not healthy, and sometimes I feel like it's probably best to kill myself, but I am willing to risk everything, even my health and life, to do what I can do to help. I know I am just one person, but if I can convince more to join the resistance against Trump, to volunteer and fight back, then it's all worth it.

I don't know you, but you've obviously got a fire in you. You need to take care of yourself. This will end up being a marathon, probably not a sprint. If you were refusing water from the very start of a marathon, you'd fail. If you take care of yourself, you can keep being that resistance in the long haul. We need you.

Trying to get my wife to like Trump so I can hate sex her a few times. I hear it's an amazing experience. Hate sex I mean, not liking Trump.

MikeDown

Banned
So very frustrating because I feel the majority of this country is so withdrawn inside their own ideologies to the extent that there can't be any civil discourse or unity. I understand a need for freedom of speech, though sometimes I feel it is in a societies best interest to at times silence the extremists that encourage & promote such strife. Though that is very much a slippery slope when you allow that to happen.

geardo

I don't even know how to deal with this shit. I'm sort of spectating from the outside right now and shaking my head half a dozen times a day at the news feed on my phone. I have a job that keeps me busy, so when I'm done I tend to browse GAF and do things that make me happy instead of reading political news at the moment.

One super frustrating part is that you can already see dems falling in line. Trump can (and will) fall on his face, and yet I have zero confidence that the dems will be able to keep him from winning a second term. Useless fucking bums, yet people still defend them.

I guess one thing that I've actively done is began recycling a lot more. I take all of my paper, plastics, and cans to the recycling center instead of just throwing them away. I'm also at a point in which I need a new car, so I'm actively considering a hybrid (even though many of them look like crap).

I feel super sad about all of the people that will lose their health insurance, and for those that will be deported, and for the refugees that will be denied entry, and for the future generations that will suffer due to climate change. This administration is going to do generational damage.

I'm just trying to talk about it a little bit, then get back to working on things I need to be doing.
Getting my own business of the ground is starting to really eat into my time. I've become pretty good at swing trading too, so I focus on that as well.
Spend time with family too of course.

Also, looking for local places I can donate money to as well. I will also check with my employer and see what, if any, matching donations they will do.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
I've donated whatever I can to PP, ACLU and LGBT hotlines. Probably gonna call my Rep and Senators. They're all Republicans, but I can give Ted Cruz an earful about bowing down to Trump after all the bullshit he said to him.

Plus I have school so I have to study to get my mind away from all of this.

Hang in there everyone.

Ms.Galaxy

I don't know you, but you've obviously got a fire in you. You need to take care of yourself. This will end up being a marathon, probably not a sprint. If you were refusing water from the very start of a marathon, you'd fail. If you take care of yourself, you can keep being that resistance in the long haul. We need you.

I suppose I could take a small bit of time off when Breath of the Wild comes out. Would be rather nice. You're right, I can't burn out all my fuel early on. Just the anger and pain makes me push myself hard.

It hurts seeing my ex cry at night because he fears his friends and parents will be deported, it hurts to see some of people I know commit suicide because of what Trump represents to them, it hurts to see my family run away from a country they called home since the 80s, and it hurts more to see my mother living her life in fear. She's old, weak, and disabled; I wanted her to have the remaining of her life be a peaceful one, she has earned it. Now I hear her cry over the phone, I hear her say she's scared of losing her disability and being kicked out in the streets, that she's scared of what laws these monsters will pass that could and likely will harm me, and in general she's afraid of living in fascist state again.

All this just lit a fire in my heart and continues to burn it hard, I went from afraid and depressed, to angry and passionate. I just feel like I have to continue fighting, I have this massive urge to do something and I can't sit still. But you're right, I can't run on fumes nor can I allow myself to burn out quickly. I should take more moments of rest, I have four years of fighting to do.

I actually came to GAF thinking it would be a progressive safe space where I could vent, unwind and talk to similarly minded people.

Instead I feel like I'm on Breirbart Special member forums. Apparently everybody else who loves my favorite hobby thinks I belong to a sadistic, mygonostic, oppressive and barbaric of a religion called Islam. I won't even dare venture to the off-topic discussion anymore.

watershed

Banned
I go to work every day doing a job I love, something I am passionate about, working with people I care about. But all throughout my day I am dogged by the same thought: is this what I should be doing in the age of Trump? How can I have more impact in resisting the Trump administration? Is my work even meaningful in this new reality?

If Hillary had won, I would be very happy to go about my job, feeling quite good about my place in the overall social structure. But now, I don't know what to do going forward. I talk about it almost every day with colleagues and others who are trying to figure out the same thing: what do we do now?

I actually came to GAF thinking it would be a progressive safe space where I could vent, unwind and talk to similarly minded people.

Instead I feel like I'm on Breirbart Special member forums. Apparently everybody else who loves my favorite hobby thinks I belong to a sadistic, mygonostic, oppressive and barbaric of a religion called Islam. I won't even dare venture to the off-topic discussion anymore.

Sorry it makes you feel like that. I think GAF is still better than Breitbart by far but I agree there's definitely a presence of Islamophobes.

I go to work every day doing a job I love, something I am passionate about, working with people I care about. But all throughout my day I am dogged by the same thought: is this what I should be doing in the age of Trump? How can I have more impact in resisting the Trump administration? Is my work even meaningful in this new reality?

If Hillary had won, I would be very happy to go about my job, feeling quite good about my place in the overall social structure. But now, I don't know what to do going forward. I talk about it almost every day with colleagues and others who are trying to figure out the same thing: what do we do now?
Trump and the new high rise of the far right won because people feel their environment in a certain way. I guess we just simply have to do this as well.
Not in such a way to mock conservatives and trump voters, but in a slow and steady way so that they think for themselves why gay people want the same rights, how migration works, why climate change is happening and why fossils aren't needed anymore.

Sometimes I let people Google in front of me for some facts which they find in seconds and contradicts their beliefs. The reaction afterwards is most often that it gets awkwardly quite...

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
16265461_10154914314691753_7966013549052195245_n.jpg

mo60

I was enraged, so many people I just wanna punch in the face for voting in this madman. It's also somewhat of a wakeup call, I may get more involved with the Democratic Party of Orange County here in SoCal. I'm not majoring in political science nor am I majoring in law, but I feel like I should get involved some how. I kinda wanna get involved and at least do something to help with the issues here at a local level. I doubt I'll reach anywhere high like being Congressman, Senator, Mayor,
President?
because of the lack of qualifications.....but you'll never know. Trump made it to the top with zero qualifications, so it's possible, Lol. And Orange County has been leaning towards Democratic these past elections, and we turned the county Blue for the first time since the Great Depression, so the Dems here have made good progress in this Republican stronghold

So, this bullshit has raised my interest in potentially running for an elected office one day, despite in school being a Geology major with Climate Change emphasis. Not necessarily the best qualifications for running an office. haha.

The margin hilary won CA was going to turn the county blue by itself since the last two GOP presidental candidates before trump won that county by a single digit margin even though it turned bluer then expected in November because of moderate republicans spilting their downballot votes in that county. I'm more worried about poliitcs locally right now in Canada since I can't really do anything to help people politics wise in Canada

My doctor has been recommending me to avoid news of Trump for my own well being, but his actions, especially after today, are hitting too close to home. My friend's elderly mother (undocumented) attempted suicide after the news regarding the wall, thinking that people would be smashing down her front door to hurt her family.

I've been donating as much as I can to relevant causes like planned parenthood. I want to march in the various protests, but I'm too disabled to leave my house, so I'm not sure what else I can do, unless anyone has suggestions.

Anyone else having an issue with wondering why bother?

Like I could lose some weight but why bother things are going to shit anyways?

I could save more money for retirement but why bother because Trump will kill us or automation will take over?

Or I should drink less but why bother

You know Russia experience a high population lose after the collapse of Soviet Union. Basically people were too depressed and drank themselves to death.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I have been angry more often than being happy the past few days. I feel like I need a break from it all, but I can't stop watching.

I do know that I'm not making any major decisions any time soon. And saving my money for a rainy day is top priority.

Trump is a moron, who has wiped the floor with everyone in his political class and upward.

Now imagine Trump, but competent. That's the sort of person we might get in the next 4,8 years. That's the person I am worried about.

Hunter S.

Just trying to inform people close to me of the policies he is enacting. Most of the people I know are not paying attention for many reasons. I can respect the ones that are just too busy and that is why I try to reduce ignorance.

sibarraz

Banned
How could trump write so many orders without any kind of revision or resistance?

I know that the GOP has the majority in the congress, but still, everything feels too fast

MilkBeard

It's been difficult, but I read some books and watch shows with my wife. She often reminds me that it's no use toiling away thinking about this stuff.

By, everytime I feel it is too much, making my world a little smaller.

I stop following the news for a few days and focus on my own life. It helps a lot.

Sotha_Sil

How could trump write so many orders without any kind of revision or resistance?

I know that the GOP has the majority in the congress, but still, everything feels too fast

That's why some people have wanted to curb executive orders on principle for a long time. EO's have always been around (Washington created Thanksgiving Holiday with the first one), but their use has really blown up in the Reagan-Present era.

That's why some people have wanted to curb executive orders on principle for a long time. EO's have always been around (Washington created Thanksgiving Holiday with the first one), but their use has really blown up in the Reagan-Present era.

LOL!!! Is this what they teach these days in school?

big_z

I'm not American so it doesn't keep me up at night but I still hear about it constantly... so much so that its tiring. OT used to be a good place to unwind but now 3/4 of the topics are trump. Starting to think neogaf needs a sub forum for all trump news.

Trump is a nightmare but he loves to run his mouth. Makes me hope he makes all the claimed secret alien files available to the public just to see what there really is.

Also if it is affecting you so much that you are depressed or angry step away from the news cycle and put your life in perspective. Seriously folks.

UCBooties

Also if it is affecting you so much that you are depressed or angry step away from the news cycle and put your life in perspective. Seriously folks.

I have family members who may not be able to get health coverage due to pre-existing conditions. I have friends and loved ones who don't know if their marriages are going to be legally nullified. We are poised to dismantle every check we have against worst case scenario climate change in order to encourage more fossil fuel use.

What perspective should I be getting here? People stand to be immediately hurt by this shit, why the fuck wouldn't you be angry or depressed?

PSYGN

Getting on just fine so far. Didn't vote for him and I don't like him. I hate how it's all you see on off-topic now. We should create another section called Trumped so we can avoid it at will. It's not like we don't learn of it elsewhere.

Yeah we need a new forum so we can ignore the shift in the world so we can have more fake posts about orgies and meeting girls. More important.

Getting on just fine so far. Didn't vote for him and I don't like him. I hate how it's all you see on off-topic now. We should create another section called Trumped so we can avoid it at will. It's not like we don't learn of it elsewhere.

Then OT will die. It's the only thing that keeps it alive these days it seems.

Chibot

I'm trying to stay calm, keep things in perspective and zone out a bit, but it's not working. I'd like to think that whatever happens in the next four years can be remedied by the following President and that there's no way a mistake like this could be made again. However, if he keeps up this pace I'm sure I'll be protesting at some point.

Jotaka

I don't give a shit. I stop caring about this because in the next election in Brazil we gonna elected our own neo-nazy named Bolsonario and better stop caring for my own sanity.

HotHamBoy

I'm wallowing in it all, masochistically reading the news.

I think it would be smart for use to enjoy life as we know it in the West. Things are about to change in a dramatic way that has not been felt for decades. I mean, normalcy is about to change.

The end is nigh, which is really the begnning of something else. And we'll still be around for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom