• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How are you selling your last gen console

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Giving my Pro to Satan. Or i'll just put it in a box and store it for my children.

CeeJay

I'll probably just open the door and throw the old one on the lawn to plug in my shiny new console.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Right now I’m keeping it and maybe sell it on day of purchase it’ll be a calculated decision for sure

Sethbacca

Selling my ps4 with 2tb hd, turtle beach headphones, and a handful of games for $250 locally. Already have 4 people lined up wanting it.

Needlecrash

I put a 5 TB hard drive IN my OG PS4. If I decide to get the PS5, that mofo is getting sold on eBay. That'll net me some good money.

draliko

Trade-in (already did actually) I don't want to mess with anything, time is money and I prefer to lose some money than to have the hassle. I prefer to sell my stuff to friends and relatives if possible, dealing with ebay is always potentially risky.

SCB3

I traded my PS4 Pro in towards my PS5 Pre Order whilst the price was still high, paid for most of it, I have another PS4 if I wanna play on anything before then

Last edited:
I have two Xbox One X and one One S (Minecraft Edition). I'm going to get rid of one of the One X, probably on CL or one of the market apps.

Will keep my PS4 Pro since the PS5 is pointless to me. Miles and Horizon are coming to the PS4, so I'm good there.

Definitely getting the Series X.

Last edited:

BlvckFox

Gold Member
I always sell local. Try to avoid the 10 percent EBay charges and the other 2-3 percent you fork over to Paypal.
Might not save much but enough to help pay for accessories.

Trogdor1123

Hand me down to my kids. I'm actually in the process of getting ba room ready for them to play in. Bought the wife a new tv so the get her old one of those.

Justin9mm

I always sell my console once I buy a new one. I'm not into collecting consoles or games. Its always out with the old and in with the new, i have no spare time in my busy life for nostalgia.

THEAP99

Banned
I'm gonna be putting this up on facebook online yard sale fairly soon when I get time.

How much do u guys think I should ask for this? I would love to get like $330 out of it idk I feel like since the ps-5 all digital is $400, people would only take this for $300 max..?

Last edited:

prag16

Banned
Was gonna see if gamestop did any trade-in bonuses around PS5 launch or anything, but now that I'm not buying a PS5 any time soon, may never sell it. When I eventually do get a PS5, the PS4's trade value will be kaput so will probably just hold onto it and put it in the kids' play room or something.

TheSweeper

Sold my PS4 Pro and an bunch of games to my sister. I'll keep the One X. Maybe put it in the living room. The Xbox resale value isn't so hot. No need for me to bother with eBay.

GymWolf

Gamestop is paying me 200 euros for my pro, maybe i can cover the complete price of a ps5 if i put my unused switch and xone in the mix...

MiguelItUp

Selling it to a friend, family, or even on eBay or Mercari, or something related is best. Trading in will not be giving you what the console is worth whatsoever. But I suppose it is the "easiest" way to just get rid of it, lmao.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
I sold my PS4 a while ago after finishing God of War. My bike got stolen so I had to finance a replacement. :(

So I'm excited to finally play Ghost of Tsushima and Spiderman when I get my PS5.

MH3M3D

Sold my PS4Pro before PS5 pre-orders went up. The faster you do it the better. Everyone is gonna dump their old machine soon.

dcx4610

Amazon gives $175 store credit and free shipping on a Pro. I'll probably go that route. The only consoles I have nostalgia for and keep are my 2600, NES, SNES and handhelds. For something like the PS4 where the games will work on the PS5, I see no reason to keep it unless you are a collector and like to have a bunch of systems hooked up.

ethomaz

Banned
I never sell old consoles.

Two years ago my mon finally five my fully working SNES to a community school.

Last edited:

Jigga117

I have donated mine to a local foster home every time I have upgraded. So a One S and One X because I am getting two Series X

Last edited:

Batiman

Banned
I'm gonna be putting this up on facebook online yard sale fairly soon when I get time.

How much do u guys think I should ask for this? I would love to get like $330 out of it idk I feel like since the ps-5 all digital is $400, people would only take this for $300 max..?
That seems generous but I don’t know shit about used sales. That’s a lot of money there getting thrown away IMO. Especially if you paid full price for most of those. That’s just my old school self talking though.

Tiamat2san

I will sell my pro at end of the week.
no exclusive game that interests me until PS5 launch.
i’ll sell my one X after series X arrives at home.

Last edited:

tryDEATH

Was going to do a Trade-In, but GameStop being a punk with the pre-orders they have available, might just risk my life and sell it on Craigslist.

Top Bottom