• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How 'bout that NBA trade deadline? (2018)

Cleveland is obviously better now, but it won't work out.

Kyrie won and Durant broke the NBA.

They did expect too much from IT so soon though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Corrik

Cleveland is obviously better now, but it won't work out.

Kyrie won and Durant broke the NBA.

They did expect too much from IT so soon though.
IT is just too much of a negative. He was in Boston also but he was allowed to dominate the ball to offset his defensive issues with offense.

Durant Golden State has broken the NBA though. I have no idea why that was allowed. They should only allow 2 max players a team or something. Even then it can be circumvented by just taking less money.

Don't know how to fix it.

Amory

Celtics do nothing as usual.

Don't necessarily think it was the wrong move, but we better get a piece on the buyout market. We need a bench scorer.

NickFire

Celtics do nothing as usual.

Don't necessarily think it was the wrong move, but we better get a piece on the buyout market. We need a bench scorer.
I'm kinda relieved a little bit. I've never been big into basketball but since one of my kids has started playing I have paid more attention because he loves it so much. And the Celtics youth seems to set them up for years. I was kinda worried they would trade the younger kids for a superstar who would bail or not mesh. Glad they didn't, especially for all the kids who love the current team.

Amory

I'm kinda relieved a little bit. I've never been big into basketball but since one of my kids has started playing I have paid more attention because he loves it so much. And the Celtics youth seems to set them up for years. I was kinda worried they would trade the younger kids for a superstar who would bail or not mesh. Glad they didn't, especially for all the kids who love the current team.
The only deals may have been a future 1st round pick for Tyreke Evans, or a long shot Marcus Smart trade but that never seemed realistic.

The young core is safe, unless some truly transformative player (like Anthony Davis) were available

As it stands, I think Boston will end up with Joe Johnson on the buyout market and will get their shooter without having to give anything up

lil puff

Interesting season.

As a Knicks fan (?) I am glad Hernangomez will finally get some minutes.
Hes a good player that was on a team with a bad coach.

May I say something about Hornacek?

He lets decent/potential/good players rot on the bench. Joakim Noah came back, and Hornacek, would put him in a lost game with 2 min left. Of course Noah was pissed. Herengomez, the same, except he was patient about it.

This is a coach that makes no adjustments at halftime, no adjustments game to game. He is saying "we need players to step up!" now that KP is gone. MF'R YOU are letting your players rot on the damn bench!

F this argument "oh we don't have room to fit them in. YOU ARE LOSING games. If you need to try 3 big men in the line up, so be it. You are losing anyways.

This coach has disgruntled the team. They are not a horrible team, they are poorly coached. They lose confidence. They come out of timeouts and turn the ball over. That stand around the 3 pt line, just standing there. They could be up 20, lose the lead and nowhere was a timeout called. They do this stuff every game.

After a bad loss a few games ago, Hornacek said we showed them old film from when they did well. What? How about call a play? Make an adjustment? Use your players! KP said he was getting tired. Poor Kanter get beat up in the paint, that man is a beast. 2 big men rotting on the bench.

Horrible coach, I'll say it because NOT one person in NYC can see it yet.

bigedole

I think Cleveland will be better, they're definitely getting to the playoffs. So they have the rest of the season to develop chemistry and hopefully get into playoff shape. I don't think Boston really needed to do anything, assuming they can go into the playoffs healthy. I'm a little down on the Warriors now too. I think Houston has shown they are the better team when healthy, and if they meet in the playoffs with everyone at full strength, I honestly think the Rockets will take it. Plus, there are rumors that just hit the internet a couple days ago that "a lite-skinned NBA star that has a reputation for being a family man went vacationing with another woman who is now trying to sell the story (with proof) to different outlets". Early thoughts are that this is Steph, if true could be an unwelcome distraction down the stretch. ( http://blindgossip.com/?p=89783 ) This stuff is usually right, so we'll probably find out in the next week or two.

P.S. My wife found and sent me the blindgossip article, I normally hate that stuff but she knows I love Curry :p

lil puff

I have to admit, I am bit scared of OKC Thunder. They will definitely be able to compete deep if there big 3 are all hot. I am just not sure how well they D up.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
City Uniforms are ass, hopefully these means Nike city jerseys season 2 are better now that the floodgates for creativity has been opened

highrider

Banned
I like Isiah a lot, but I also can’t ignore the defensive liability he represents. He loves to dribble. Ideally he should be a 6th man to come off the bench as a scorer on a very good team, or a featured guard on an up and coming team that had defensive strengths that could compensate when Isiah has to check a big guard. He’s not a max player imo.

Top Bottom