• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sup Gaf, whats your favorite parable and why?

AJUMP23

The Lost Sheep. Jesus seeks those who are lost to bring them back.

Lowest Seat at the Feast - Remain humble and allow others to recognize you and not trying to tell people how great you are.

Scotty W

Kierkegaard:

A fire broke out backstage in a theatre. The clown came out to warn the public; they thought it was a joke and applauded. He repeated it; the acclaim was even greater. I think that's just how the world will come to an end: to general applause from wits who believe it's a joke.

Trunx81

the boy who cried wolf

Kierkegaard:

A fire broke out backstage in a theatre. The clown came out to warn the public; they thought it was a joke and applauded. He repeated it; the acclaim was even greater. I think that's just how the world will come to an end: to general applause from wits who believe it's a joke.
Those two come great in pairs.

Emperor´s new clothes as well

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Well, I have two favorite parables but my favorite parable is, The Sower ~ Matthew 13:3~8.

And he spoke to them at length in parables, saying:

"A sower went out to sow.
4 And as he sowed, some seed fell on the path, and birds came and ate it up.
5 Some fell on rocky ground, where it had little soil. It sprang up at once because the soil was not deep,
6 and when the sun rose it was scorched, and it withered for lack of roots.
7 Some seeds fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up and choked it.
8 But some seed fell on rich soil, and produced fruit, a hundred or sixty or thirty-fold."

I love this parable because it is saying, that we are the seeds and some of us fall down out of Gods hand, and go to the wrong path.

So when we fall off His hand we think we can handle the hard things but really we can't, that is why God was still holding on to us. :)

Last edited:

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
The Lost Sheep. Jesus seeks those who are lost to bring them back.

Lowest Seat at the Feast - Remain humble and allow others to recognize you and not trying to tell people how great you are.
I am the most humble person I know and I can unequivocally state humility is overrated. Having said that you are totally humble bragging be better Jeebus wouldn't like this.

AJUMP23

I am the most humble person I know and I can unequivocally state humility is overrated. Having said that you are totally humble bragging be better Jeebus wouldn't like this.
This you? " LK18:11 The Pharisee, standing by himself, prayed[a] thus: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.’ " :)

Last edited:

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Anyways stop humble bragging Jeebus won't like that.
IRnRn5y.jpg

Top Bottom