• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How Difficult Will Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Be?

Also I heard there is a money DLC that helps you during the start of the game?

So there are no difficulty options in this game right? No easy, normal, hard etc.

And there is an option to choose how much EXP you can earn at the inn? If I choose to apply all my earned EXP to my character, do I become overlevel and thus make the game easy?

What about other characters in party? How do they level up?

ReyVGM

From what I've read, you can pick the level you want your character to be at.

If your max level is 30, then you can chose any level lower than that.

Im guessing if you like at level 30, there is slider to make you lower level.

If it's related to the Inn it's probably how you can choose which level to level up to when you stay at an inn.

You get bonus EXP from completing sidequests and non-story missions, these then can be cashed in like in Final Fantasy XV. Unlike that game you can pick how much you want to cash-in, or in other words, what level to advance to. The game notes that if you want a challenge you can choose not to level up too much and so on.

Not really sure what to think of the mechanic. If you only want to follow the story and you're only doing sidequests with levels within your reach (e.g. monsters that you need to battle) then I can see it working. Putting this balancing decision on the player is an interesting option regardless.

jpadula

Neo Member
If it's related to the Inn it's probably how you can choose which level to level up to when you stay at an inn.

You get bonus EXP from completing sidequests and non-story missions, these then can be cashed in like in Final Fantasy XV. Unlike that game you can pick how much you want to cash-in, or in other words, what level to advance to. The game notes that if you want a challenge you can choose not to level up too much and so on.

Not really sure what to think of the mechanic. If you only want to follow the story and you're only doing sidequests with levels within your reach (e.g. monsters that you need to battle) then I can see it working. Putting this balancing decision on the player is an interesting option regardless.

Its kinda lazy. Xenoblade Chronicles X got it right. After 100+ hours you could still find a challenge for you, using all arsenal u got. And you still could improve ur party a lot. Damn I still cant believe XCX got this much 'hate'. Its great great game.

Well gonna find out tommorow how it works in XC2 tho;)

tuffymon

Unless something happens tomorrow... like not getting my copy >.>; I'll be livestreaming XC2 this Saturday 9am cst to 9am cst Sunday for a Child's Play charity event my school is hosting... (I don't think I'm overstepping any lines >.>; ) anyone and everyone is welcome to join me etc

/tuffymon

Do we know it isn't censored in any way already then? I'd love for that to be the case, Nintendo of America can be pretty overzealous in that sense.

Fortunately, Nintendo of Europe localized the game.

Is tragic howwe reached a point ehere I'm now worried whenever Treehouse is involved in a game's localization :/

Top Bottom