• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How Do You Go About Calling Out (or Reporting) Racism or Sexism in the Office?

Reeks

Maybe try to embarrass him by being direct? "Really? Come on dude." Idk. He might turn around and call you a racist or something. People like that (racists) get super defensive. Yah, HR might be best.

Talk to HR. If they don't do anything, talk to whoever your HR person reports to. Rinse and repeat. Move up the chain of command until something is done. Because the shit going on in your office is not okay.

The only joke that wasn’t that bad was the first one. Seemed like more of a corny dad joke. The rest were all way out of line and I’m not an easily offended black guy.

You don't have to make it crazy by going to HR. Explain that you're uncomfortable, but you recognize it's a sensitive subject.

A good HR department have really good ways to indirectly try and alter behavior in employees. They get weird "small" requests all the time, about employees who cannot stomach another employees bad B.O or breathe. These are the nature of things they deal with.

I'd be fine with 1 on its own as it is a functioning joke that is not racist despite playing with the way race is talked about. The rest do not meet my criteria.

Top Bottom