• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many games are you currently actively playing?

teiresias

Since I mainly play RPG's and the like kind of games, I generally find myself focusing on one game at a time. But recently I've found myself taking on multiple duties. I'm playing, Drakan: The Ancient Gates, the emulated fan translation of FFV (I own the Anthology with FFV in it for PSX, so I figure my conscience is clear, I just can't stand that translation - what's up with Farris in that??), KOTOR on the PC, with Jak3 and Gothic 2 patiently waiting in the wings.

And I'm contemplating picking up either Morrowind or the Platinum Neverwinter Nights - aarrghh!!!!!

So what's in your consoles and installed on your PC right now?

Kon Tiki

Banned
the emulated fan translation of FFV
Heh, just finshed that myself a couple weeks ago.

Right now I am shuffling between MechAssault 2, Dragon Quest 6, and the bonus dungeons on DQ3, DQ5 and FF1+2.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Right now. I got Midways Arcade Treasure 2 in my console of choice and I am currently playing Space Quest 2 in order to get rid of some of the bad taste in my mouth form Lesuire Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude by playing some old school aventure games.

DS: Mario 64 and Mario & Luigi SuperStar Saga
Cube: Paper Mario 2 and X-Men Legends
PS2: nothing for a while, I'll probably continue GTA: SA next.
PC: nothing for a long time.

edit: I usually try to play just one same kind of game at a time, playing Paper Mario and SuperStar Saga at the same time is kind of confusing.

Slo

I try not to play more than two games at a time, but I often leave a lot of games installed on my PC incase I get in the mood for some quick action. Installing games is a pain in the ass. Right now I'm playing Rome:TW and Halo 2.

PS2: Just finished MGS3 yesterday, now I am gonna play: GTA SA, Sly 2, Dark Cloud 2, and Ace Combat V (mainly unlocking aircraft, got the Falken yesterday :)

PC: No singleplayer games only multiplayer: Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield Vietnam

My sister sits in front of the tv all day so its kinda hard to play PS2. :( I am stuck with old Pc games.

Gorey

I'm really trying to narrow it down. Too many damn games bought this fall and I'm falling behind.
Now playing...
Xbox: Xmen Legends (almost there)
PS2: Ace Combat V (great stuff...gonna buy AC4 after I beat it, I think)
PC: Uh....GAF? Oh, and Pirates! when I get that urge to plunder.
Backlog: Kotor II, Jak 3, Ghost Recon 2, Prince of Persia 2, Enclave, and trying to finish SMT: nocturne.

scaffa

Im trying to finish most of my collection before I buy new games.

Currently im playing:

GC: Paper Mario: TTYD
GBA: Zelda: Minish Cap
PS2: Maximo Vs Army of Zin
Gran Turismo 3
Kingdom Hearts
Breath of Fire: DQ, dont know if i hate it or love it. I needed a rpg to get into the genre again, been a long time since I touched those sort of games. Any suggestions for easy rpgs on the ps2?

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Pc: WoW, Everquest II
Ds: Mario 64, Mario & Luigi
PS2: GTA San Andreas, Metal Gear Solid 2 (yes i said 2)
GC: Zelda, Metroid Prime, Super Mario Sunshine, Tales of Syphonia (arcadia whatver)

New Year's resolution NO MORE GAMES!

Coin Return

Loose Slot
PS2: Katamari Damaci, MGS3 (second time through)
XBOX: Metal Slug 3, Otogi 2
PC: Counter Strike: Source
DS: Mario 64, Ridge Racer

too many games...

Friend

MGS3- Game of the year as far as I'm concerned. In fact, its the best game I've played this generation.

Xenogears- Replaying this one though it's not quite as good as I remembered. The text moves so sloooooow that it's agrivating

Halo 2 Multiplayer- Don't play this one too much anymore. Maybe it's because i suck :)

The End

SMT:Nocturne
I'm about to clear the 5th Kalpa and face Lucifer
Ratchet&Clank
Castle Shikagami 2

I'm going to burn some gift certs at BB soon, I'll probably pick up either MGS3 or PM2.

Sullichin

Way too many.

DS:
Ridge Racer DS
Mr Driller Drill Spirits
Feel The Magic

GCN:
Mario Tennis
Donkey Konga

PS2:
MGS3 (just started)

Xbox:
Halo 2 on and off
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005

PS2:

Growlanser Generations
MGS 3 (2nd playthrough)

PC:

LotR: Battle for Middle Earth

But because of 3 exams next week I'm not playing at all right now.

Afrter the 8th of January I will continue with all these games.

suikodan

Got bitten by the WoW bug.

PC: WoW (sometimes Half-life2)
GCN: Mario Tennis (it's so good)
Xbox: Nothing
PS2: Try to advance little by little in MGS3 in 2nd playthru

DS: Mario64 and RRDS

NDS: mario, urban asphalt
GBA SP: zelda minish cap, kirby magical mirror
PS2: pro evolution soccer II, soul calibur II
NGC: monkeyball, sega soccerslam, SSX tricky

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
mostly counter strike: source, but i've been getting pretty crappy scores lately so I might drop it for a while.

I'm also playing MP2 on my GCN.... sort of. I got to the very last boss and died and haven't attempted it again since.

Memles

GameCube: Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door.

Recieved MP2:E, Pikmin 2 for Christmas as well, but want to attempt to play one at a time. So, finishing PM before heading back to University is the plan, then onto the others...and Minish Cap.

lordmrw

Too frickin many:

GC
Metroid Prime 2 - I'm at the Sky Temple, not too much left to go. More than likely finish it tomorrow or saturday.
Megaman X COmmand Mission - Stopped at Chapter 4 once I got MP2. I pick it up every now and then and make a little progress, but once I'm finished with Echoes, I'll get back to this full time.
Lord of the Rings: TTA - just started. Another one that I'll get back to when I'm done with Echoes.

PS2
Shadow Hearts Covenant - I just got Kevin. I make the mistake of playing this when I get out of work at 11, and by then I start nodding off after a half hour.
SSX3 - I have Elise almost fully maxed out and I've completed 90% of the goals on Peak 1 and 2.

PC
Grand Theft Auto 3 - I don't even remember how far in I am. Shit.
Silent Hill 4 - I'm just not feeling this one. I guess playing SIlent Hill 2 and 3 back to back, and then jumping into this one might have done it. That and it runs a bit slow on my comp.

How do I do it, I don't know.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I have gaming ADD.

I just started Freedom Force and NOLF, and I was in the middle of finishing Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Beneath a Steel Sky, Shadow of the Comet, and then I started with some old Sierra games with my new Virtual PC. That thing works better than I would've thought.

I'm not really playing through any games right now. I play Halo 2 multiplayer with my friends on Xbox Live (usually under PantsOfSCIENCE, we have three accounts in the house) and I play some of the GC quick action games I just picked up (Alien Hominid, Ikaruga, and Wario Ware) but nothing long term since I got bored with Disgaea.

I'm really just waiting for GT4 and some Intelligent Systems strategy games to come out. Unless I come home and someone has bought me Rome: Total War (and upgraded my computer too), that is.

edit: The most I can handle is two-three games at a time (in different genres).

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Only games I am actively playing are Halo 2 Legendary run(3 levels left) and WoW. Massive backlog though...

Right now: Diablo II and Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee

I usually play two games at a time, one for the computer and one on the console.

Ramirez

Well I got a shit load of games for Christmas so I'm stacked at the moment...

Xbox:Halo 2 (online),NFL Street 2
PS2:MGS3,GTA:SA
NGC:Tiger Woods 05,Metroid Prime 2,Mario Tennis

And I still haven't even booted up stuff like KOTOR2,R&C3,Paper Mario,etc. :p

Unison

Between yesterday & today, I've played:

PS2: Nightmare of Druaga
NDS: One Line Puzzle / Wario Ware Touched / Mr. Driller
GBA: Final Fantasy I
Cube: Mario Party 6
PC: Neverwinter Nights
Xbox: Halo 2 (Co-op)

Z

zylo

Unconfirmed Member
PS2:
Kingdom Hearts

GBA:
Kingdom Hearts:Chain of memories

I just finished Shadow Hearts Covenant and Final Fantasy X-2 and am currently playing Prince of Persia Warrior Within on my Xbox. When I'm through it I will start playing Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2. And after that I'll play MGS3 again.

Pimpbaa

World of Warcraft is the only game i'm really playing at the moment, that and Super Mario 64 for the DS while I'm on the can.

Sagitario

99% of my play time goes to Metroid Prime 2: Echoes... I jost got the
Light Suit
:D.

The rest, well... Paper Mario, Sphinx* and Pac-Man World 2*... damn, I haven't finished Pokémon Colosseum yet...

*Good and cheap games :) ...

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Ninja Gaiden
Made it to the tower of Hell, now I'm just cheezing those annoying phantasm fish for essence to upgrade/buy every single inventory in the game.

Metroid Prime
4....Artifacts.....left.....

NFL2K5
Obsessed w/ tweaking my Jets and the roster in general. Only a 78 rating for the Jets defense and an 87 for the Viking defense? Are you fucking crazy, VC?

Halo2
Online only and usually deathm..err..rumblepit, exclusively. Have to go back this week, it's been a while.

That's pretty much it.

rastex

Banned
PC: HL2, Tribes, CS:S
Xbox: SFAC, Halo 2, Otogi 2, have Kingdon Under Fire: Crusaders that hasn't been opened, will start that after Otogi 2.

Top Bottom