• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many oled's do you game on?

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
This tech is slowly replacing the led. I game on 3

TV - 65 inch s90c
Phone - Galaxy amoled
Switch-oled model

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
I game on two

Galaxy oled for phone
Switch oled

My tv is a Samsung 65 inch mini led that I got when it first came out.

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
Celebrity Big Brother Athlete GIF by Big Brother

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Have an OLED TV, phone, tablet, and Switch. Haven't updated to the OLED Steam Deck since it's driver support for Windows isn't very good. I also just upgraded my PC monitor and decided to skip OLED due to burn in fears.

Just TV & Phone.

Had this Philips 806 nearly two years with 90% usage as a monitor, still waiting on that burn in that's supposed to come really quick with PC.

16ac61f5f155aea3c669cf82f258156d.gif

Edgelord79

Gold Member
I switched from LG to a Samsung QLED as I had burn in on mine. Not sure if that counts, but I use that for my PS5.

Radical_3d

I switched from LG to a Samsung QLED as I had burn in on mine. Not sure if that counts, but I use that for my PS5.
QLED is not OLED. But the pace at which mini led is advancing I’m seeing my QD-OLED being replaced by a mini led in 4 years or so. I mean this year’s TLC C855 is already at a very competitive price and almost as good as an OLED.

Last edited:
QLED is not OLED. But the pace at which mini led is advancing I’m seeing my QD-OLED being replaced by a mini led in 4 years or so. I mean this year’s TLC C855 is already at a very competitive price and almost as good as an OLED.
I'm very happy with my Samsung QN85C "Neo QLED" (read: mini-LED)

The next evolution is micro-LED though which is fundamentally a completely different technology from both OLED and LCD despite the unfortunate naming

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
won’t buy an Oled TV because although I love the technology I simply don’t spend enough time in front of the TV.

Switch Oled, iPhone 12 mini.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
65 in the living room (although I barely game there now)
55 "monitor" up here (99% of the time)
Had a Switch OLED but sold it ready for Switch 2. Would also upgrade to an OLED deck if money wasn't as tight.

Hohenheim

LG Oled TV 65"
Oled Steam Deck

But I do most of the gaming on my 34" 4K Samsung Neo Monitor which is not OLED.

Last edited:

TheStam

Alienware 34" DW
LG C2 55"
Steam Deck OLED

Love OLED. Kind of dread burn-in but nothing serious at all so far.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
10+ devices and none of them have burn in.

Two are extremely high use devices (1 Monitor (doug spectrum) and a 1 TV (lg cx) ) that are connected to a work pc that is on for 12+ hours a day for the last year and 1/2 or so.

Robb

Gold Member
One, only the TV.

I’m curious to see if Nintendo will offer a OLED version of the “Switch 2” at launch. I kind of doubt it, but I’d definitely buy that.

I guess there’s an OLED on my phone as well, but I don’t game on my phone.

LG 55" C1 for PS5 and PC.
LG 42" C2 for PC.
I don't use my stupidly expensive oled screen mobile phone for gaming. Phone gaming sucks.
Kids have a Switch Oled but they never use it.
To quote my 9 year old son: Fortnite on PS5 plays better.

I'm kinda eyeing the LG G4 but don't think I can justify it just yet. Maybe the next iteration.

Last edited:

sigmaZ

Gold Member
Three if you count my Galaxy S9 Plus

But as far as straight monitors:
I have a large LG C2 TV and a AW3423DW Alienware ultrawide OLED monitor. I barely use the TV though. I prefer ultrawide over 4K whenever possible.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I'm up to 5 now, oled samsung phone, oled steam deck, 42" c2 (monitor), 55" b2, 65" a80k. Sold the switch oled to make way for switch 2. Hard to go back to lcd once your used to it. Especially the organic "feel" of the response when gaming. The raw contrast doesn't hurt either. Didn't spend a fortune either since I bought the b2 on sale for $799 Canadian, and the c2 42" for $500 used.

Last edited:

Garibaldi

Just the TV we have. Which is hooked up to the PS5. Was tempted to upgrade my Deck to the OLED version, but decided against it. I'll wait for the Deck 2. The Switch is OLED but is basically always docked to the TV. The PC isnt on OLED as I use it for work too and it'll burn to bits. Phone is AMOLED I think, but I never game on it as mobile gaming is for crazy people.

Last edited:

JMZ555

Zero currently, but I'm currently looking at a monitor upgrade and everything points to OLED. I use a projector for big screen gaming, if i didn't I probably would have gone down the OLED route for a TV as well.

DAHGAMING

I Thought this was gunna be 1 of them stealth "hey you peasant cunts, I have an OLED in every room in my house, even a cheap 2000 banger for when im having a shit, so tell me, how many you dirty boys got ?" , but I was wrong, respect. Anyway I game on 0 OLED 💪💪💪.

Top Bottom