• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How much more buzz would Minecraft Legends be getting if it were StarCraft Legends?

Is the Minecraft IP holding this game back?

• Yeah, I just can't get into anything Minecraft.

• I am uncertain.

• No, the gameplay just doesn't look particularly fun.

• I'm pumped for Minecraft Legends! I'll see you on the battlefield OP!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Here's Minecraft Legends...

It doesn't seem to be getting much buzz from "our people". It's either ignored or ridiculed on most gaming podcasts from what I can tell. Gamers >30 just don't seem to be excited about it.

If this cut off the face of StarCraft and wore it out on a stretcher, would there be noticeably more excitement surrounding the game? If you were a little Jim Raynor or Artanis running around building barracks and whatnot, would your excitement be any different?

feynoob

Banned
Minecraft is about crafting. Most people are busy with that mode. Dont know how these guys will like PvP.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

The StarCraft license has been dead for a while now so I don’t think it would generate more hype, it would simply target a different, smaller population.

I’m actually looking forward to it, game looks like an interesting mix of MOBA, tower defense and RTS. If it reviews well it will sell gangbusters if only from the Switch install base.

Super excited for this.

Minecraft Dungeons was so good.

If this were StarCraft, would still be interested cause Blizzard can make games like these work.

Jennings

I just can't get excited about Minecraft Legends because my opponents will be 8-10 years old, and they'll all kick my ass up one street and down another.

As for StarCraft Legends, I wouldn't have the APM to finish a tutorial mission.

Last edited:

mrmustard

Banned
Minecraft Dungeons was great, but Legends doesn't look good to me. Starcraft is too old, many kids today won't know about it.

Top Bottom