• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How often do you take showers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santo

I usually take about 2-3 a week unless I'm feeling especially lazy... this seems like a decent amount considering I don't go out much. What about my fellow hardcore gamers?

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
...twice a day. Don't ever come near me.

:lol @ tag change. that was quick.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Er... every morning after I get up. I take another one if I'm doing anything that causes me to sweat a lot (exercising, mowing the lawn, etc.)

Santo

What about when you're playing a game all day and really don't go out for anything (save for getting the door for the pizza guy of course)? Is it really necessary to shower?

demi

Santo said:
What about when you're playing a game all day and really don't go out for anything (save for getting the door for the pizza guy of course)? Is it really necessary to shower?

Uh. Go outside. Get yourself stinky, run around!

But if you are cooped up in house for a while, at least take a shower sometime. Don't want a stinky BO room do we!?

Mugen

Banned
Didn't we have the exact same thread a while ago?

Mine is:

Summer: 2-3 times a day
Spring/Fall: 1 a day
Winter: twice a week

sirris

Everyday unless work is pissing me off. Then I'll cut it down to 2 or 3 times a week and not shave so I look like a total slob and get on everyones nerves.

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP

Yah, because if you do nothing all day chances are you'll be working up a sweat while playing those games anyway.

fallout

Once a day, twice a day when I worked in a kitchen. If I exercise, I usually do it in the morning, so I'll just combine my morning shower with my clean-the-sweat-off shower.

And yes, I absolutely have to shower daily, even if I'm not going to be going anywhere. It's not that I feel gross or anything, but I just don't feel like I can get anyting accomplished if I don't shower. Usually, if I'm staying at home, it means I'm doing school work of some kind and having a shower first kind of helps me get into work mode.

pestul

Pretty well once a day.. sometimes twice.. sometimes less. I don't really give a shit as long as I don't smell (and that can usually be concealed with products).

Thaedolus

Gold Member
So you really do nothing all day, except eat pizza and play video games?

Daily showers here, plus another when I workout. I feel gross if I don't

I shower once a day. Even if I'm staying inside all day. Who wants to smell like dirty sweat and ass? Yuck. And Pestul, covering up is even worse. Whenever I smell perfume or cologne, I just think the person is hiding some nasty stank...

This reminds me of this girl at work. She told me she doesn't shower everyday because she doesn't sweat. But I dunno... that kinda grosses me out. I think girls especially should shower at least once a day, if not twice. And maybe bathe instead of shower, so her insides are all soaped up and stay fresh, if you know what I mean. I imagine when this girl goes into her bathtub, it smells like a school of flounder.

pestul

God's Hand said:
I shower once a day. Even if I'm staying inside all day. Who wants to smell like dirty sweat and ass? Yuck. And Pestul, covering up is even worse. Whenever I smell perfume or cologne, I just think the person is hiding some nasty stank...

This reminds me of this girl at work. She told me she doesn't shower everyday because she doesn't sweat. But I dunno... that kinda grosses me out. I think girls especially should shower at least once a day, if not twice. And maybe bathe instead of shower, so her insides are all soaped up and stay fresh, if you know what I mean. I imagine when this girl goes into her bathtub, it smells like a school of flounder.
Oh I don't use cologne.. I just never smell bad enough to need more than deoderant and common soap really. (wtf is the irc server again btw? :p)

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
God's Hand said:

If you use perfume/cologne right, you won't cover anything up. Using enough cologne to cover up BO is a problem in and of itself.

irc.hexuss.org

Yeah, I know what you mean. But I've smelt girls and guys that must bathe in perfume. And you know under all of that is some dank gross odor. Kinda of like when you use air freshener in the bathroom to cover up the fecal smell, you still know it's there and it grosses you out. Might as well not even use air fresheners.

Ecrofirt

ugh, I feel so disgusting. I haven't showered since Friday, and I can smell it.

I was busy all day yesterday, and I haven't gotten to it yet today.

::retches at his stank::

Santo

I'm 5'6 and weigh 250 lbs usually girls don't even look my way.. so I usually stay inside and play games/order pizza.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Every 12 - 36 hours.

If I have to go out (fun, work, school) it's every day. But sometimes I take one at night, somtimes in the morning. If I have to get up really early in the morning, I'll take a shower the night before in order to get an extra 30 minutes of sleep (I take long showers.) This is true even if I took a shower that morning. So, during the week, I'd say every 12 - 24 hours.

Sometimes, when on vacation or during the weekend, I'll get up and not feel like showering, so I'll take a shower that night. Generally speaking, this is on Saturdays, so if I last took a shower Friday morning, it could very well 36 hours by the time I wander into the shower Saturday night. This is only if I'm bumming it around the apartment, however, not if I plan on going out.

Edit - Oh, and I use no cologne, ever. Hate the stuff. I do use a scented/alcoholic balm or aftershave after shaving, however, but I rarely do that every day. Generally only 2 or 3 times a week. I DO use deodorant/antiperspirant, of course.

rs7k

:lol at this thread.

A few days ago, we had smokers being harassed because they stink, and now some of you feel fine not showering every day. Because you don't think you smell doesn't mean you don't. I know too many people that are like that, and fuck, it's just water!

Loki

Count of Concision
Didn't we just have this topic a month or so ago? :p

Anyway, usually once a day for me, typically first thing in the morning. I'll take a second one if I exercise or go to the beach or something, obviously; I'll also take another one if I'm going out at night, especially if it's with a female. :p I don't think I've ever taken more than two in one day, though.

Ecrofirt

that reminds me:

I'm looking for some kind of moisturizing(sp?) body wash. I'm currently using Old Spice High Endurance body wash, but it's leaving my back dry and scaly as a mofo.

Any suggestions?

Malakhov

Banned
At least once a day, twice if I do some exercise. Also I like to take a 2nd shower just right before bed, I sleep better feeling all fresh and smelling good.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Ecrofirt said:
that reminds me:

I'm looking for some kind of moisturizing(sp?) body wash. I'm currently using Old Spice High Endurance body wash, but it's leaving my back dry and scaly as a mofo.

Any suggestions?

I'm very partial to St. Ives Citrus Body Wash. Awesome stuff. Honestly, any of the St. Ives ones are good, but the Citrus one just smells delicious.

Bowser

Once a day, every morning. Sometimes over summer break though, I'll skip showering for a day, but then I always feel nasty the next day and take an extra long shower.

i have to shower every day. i can't stand the feeling of the dirtyness of not showering. I usually shower once a day, but on fridays when I go out with my girl I shower before we go out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom