• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How often do you take showers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarazet

pestul said:
[peeing in the shower] cures athlete's foot.

So that's why I got athlete's foot while living in the dorms.. I intentionally stopped doing that.

Stealth edit: I shower every other day and use a really good deodorant. I agree that if you're not in a position to offend anyone else, it wouldn't even matter if you bathed once a week when you went out...

Santo

olimario said:
Once, sometimes Twice.
If you don't take at least one a day you're grungy.

STFU. Doesn't matter if you're not going out... plus do you know how much of a PAIN it is for me to go up the stairs to the shower?

You know what's the best... Nivea for Men Shower Care Energizing:
8c2e352f1d2d9c93f47172418c3509b0.jpg

Feels inredible, it has some kind of mint in it that really feels cool on the skin. Plus, it smells great, and the smell is on you all day. Try it out.

olimario

Banned
God's Hand said:

Feels inredible, it has some kind of mint in it that really feels cool on the skin. Plus, it smells great, and the smell is on you all day. Try it out.

Is that body wash? If so I think I'll try it. I need to find some new body wash.

Santo said:
STFU. Doesn't matter if you're not going out... plus do you know how much of a PAIN it is for me to go up the stairs to the shower?

Stairs are a bitch am i rite? lol

Santo said:

What?!? It suppose to be natural like talking or walking, you lazy-shit-on-two-feet

During the summer I shower every day. During winter, I shower every second day, unless I'm going to work out or planning on going out for more than 15 minutes (ie grocery shopping). If I'm planning on staying inside and watching football and movies all day I don't bother.

demi

Santo said:

A pain? Major warning signs man, at least do SOMETHING productive!

Tarazet

Rorschach said:
How can you people go to bed without a shower? That's nasty.

You're too paranoid. If you consider that animals sleep in the dirt, in the cold, surrounded by bugs, and have basically no means to ever wash themselves... if you don't stink and you're still showering, then you're operating on nothing other than superstition.

Loki

Count of Concision
Rorschach said:
How can you people go to bed without a shower? That's nasty.

I only used to shower before bed if I worked that evening, since I used to be on my feet a lot running around. Otherwise, no. And I didn't feel "nasty" at all on those days when I didn't shower before bed. I guess it's all in one's head either way. :)

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I feel grungy during the day if I don't shower in the morning, and I probably have at least a little BO after waking up. I can't imagine not showering in the morning unless I weren't going out at all. I almost always shower at night because for some reason it's easier to fall asleep if I've showered recently. But the main reason I shower twice a day is to use this body wash stuff to keep my bacne under control. oh ya

Rorschach

sonarrat said:
You're too paranoid. If you consider that animals sleep in the dirt, in the cold, surrounded by bugs, and have basically no means to ever wash themselves... if you don't stink and you're still showering, then you're operating on nothing other than superstition.
What superstition? :lol That I've been out all day getting dirty and don't want to sleep in my own filth?

Anyway, it's not like I shower 20 times a day. Just once.

If I lived somewhere like LA or Florida, I'd shower every day for sure, but when the temperature drops below freezing overnight and you have your bedroom window open because your fucking computer pumps out heat like a motherfucker, you don't sweat and wakeup with BO in the morning. A lot of you who couldn't understand how anyone could go a day without showering probably live somewhere like Texas, where you sweat at least a little nearly every day, regardless of activity. When that type of weather comes to Vancouver, I shower every day, as I hate feeling.. grungy, dirty, whatever adjective you want. But if you don't sweat at all during the day, and you put deodorant on in the morning, I fail to see how not taking a shower five times a day is as ridiculous as some of you are making it out to be.

Tarazet

Rorschach said:
What superstition? :lol That I've been out all day getting dirty and don't want to sleep in my own filth?

Anyway, it's not like I shower 20 times a day. Just once.

Well, your bed gets dirty anyway. That's just the way it goes, unless you're compulsive enough to wash your sheets every single day, too.

But because we've found out about this, we've also gotten the idea that it's somehow "unclean." It's perfectly natural, and there's nothing wrong with it. If my hair didn't get greasy after 2 days, I wouldn't shower and I would just keep slathering on the Arm & Hammer.

If you're working out, fine, take a rinse. Get the sweat off of you. Otherwise don't worry about it...

fallout

sonarrat said:
So that's why I got athlete's foot while living in the dorms.. I intentionally stopped doing that.
I know you're just joking, but didn't you guys where sandals in the showers? I know we always did in res. Hell, most of the guys on my soccer team did it back in high school.

Lakitu

st5fu
Used to twice a day, but I've cut down to once a day. I'm a real clean freak it's not even funny :( I have to do a regular wash and put alot of lotion and at this rate I'm brushing my teeth 7 times a day.

Tarazet

fallout said:
I know you're just joking, but didn't you guys where sandals in the showers? I know we always did in res. Hell, most of the guys on my soccer team did it back in high school.

Actually, I'm not joking at all. And I didn't have sandals either, which probably didn't help.

demon

sonarrat said:
Actually, I'm not joking at all. And I didn't have sandals either, which probably didn't help.
FLIP-FLOPS, dude. 2 bucks at Walgreens. Cheapass.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
God's Hand said:

OOoh, if that's body wash, I'll give it a shot. I use Nivea hand creme during the cold winter months when my knuckles dry out too much and start to crack and bleed.

xsarien

daedsiluap
If I don't shower in the morning, I'm one grumpy son of a bitch. It just finishes my entire "wake up" routine. Without it, I'm lethargic and feel, I dunno, dingy.

kablooey

I usually go once a day. I have no set time; just whenever I have a window of time, I take it. Usually not in the morning, because I can never wake up early enough. Sometimes on weekends when I'm just lazing about at home, I'll skip it/forget. But then I feel ultra-yucky, and compensate with maybe an extra amount of soap/shampoo the next day.

Although, it's not completely healthy to shower more than once a day. It's not good for your skin, for one thing.

Rahul

I was raised with the awareness that showering everyday or more is essentially a waste of water, so I wasn't allowed to shower more than once every two days when I was younger. As such, I've kept that routine. And having over 3 feet of hair doesn't help. :p

But I find it interesting that no one mentioned that argument. Is it a European thing or something?

demon

Rahul said:
I was raised with the awareness that showering everyday or more is essentially a waste of water, so I wasn't allowed to shower more than once every two days when I was younger. As such, I've kept that routine. And having over 3 feet of hair doesn't help. :p

But I find it interesting that no one mentioned that argument. Is it a European thing or something?
Some people just plain smell throughout the day if they don't shower after waking up. But maybe europeans just get used to the smell so much that they don't even notice it, I dunno. :p

Rahul

demon said:
Some people just plain smell throughout the day if they don't shower after waking up. But maybe europeans just get used to the smell so much that they don't even notice it, I dunno. :p
Nice logic :p

Memles

Mike Works said:
If I lived somewhere like LA or Florida, I'd shower every day for sure, but when the temperature drops below freezing overnight and you have your bedroom window open because your fucking computer pumps out heat like a motherfucker, you don't sweat and wakeup with BO in the morning. A lot of you who couldn't understand how anyone could go a day without showering probably live somewhere like Texas, where you sweat at least a little nearly every day, regardless of activity. When that type of weather comes to Vancouver, I shower every day, as I hate feeling.. grungy, dirty, whatever adjective you want. But if you don't sweat at all during the day, and you put deodorant on in the morning, I fail to see how not taking a shower five times a day is as ridiculous as some of you are making it out to be.

I concur with this statement. Living on the Canadian East Coast, where we get stretches of -15 degrees celcius weather for weeks, I wake up freezing cold most mornings. During the summer I'll shower daily, but showering every 2-3 days in this climate isn't a big deal at all.

atomsk

Party Pooper
if i dont take one every morning my hair is uncontrollable. and it's not like i can go to work with crazy hair...

on my days off a shower can wait till sometime early afternoon. but still, once a day

Celicar

Banned
Damn, you guys are some clean mother fuckers. I shower everyday Monday-Friday, but if I'm not doing anything on a Saturday or Sunday, I'm not gonna shower. Not enough time in the day.

Loki

Count of Concision
Celicar said:
Damn, you guys are some clean mother fuckers. I shower everyday Monday-Friday, but if I'm not doing anything on a Saturday or Sunday, I'm not gonna shower. Not enough time in the day.

Hmmm....<rubs chin> :D

i shower every morning of every day, and have since i was like 11years old. Guess its just routine now

Nice of you to leave out the tiny fact that you didn't shower once from birth until you were 11, so your newfound cleanliness is understandable. ;) :D

Loki said:
Hmmm....<rubs chin> :D

Nice of you to leave out the tiny fact that you didn't shower once from birth until you were 11, so your newfound cleanliness is understandable. ;) :D

fucker! :lol thats not what i meant. When i was a real young kid, i didn't shower every day, like most kids i figure. But my parents got me in the habit relatively young.

I shower every day before class (or work in Summers) unless I'm running really late.

Breaks are a tossup. If I go out I generally shower (unless it's particularly unimportant and quick that I need to- such as a quick run to the ATM or early finals where I'll probably go back to sleep afterwards), or if I'm feeling particularly icky.

I shower in the mornings and not at night-- it's the only thing that keeps my hair under control.

shuri

Banned
Two showers a day, even three, If i have to go out in the evening. Going to bed feeling dirty sucks.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
I cant belive some of you guys. Anyways twice a day for me before i go to work and when I get home from work. Now shaving on the other hand.... I'll go coupled of days sometimes i just cant be arsed...

Dagon

Naked Shuriken said:
Two showers a day, even three, If i have to go out in the evening. Going to bed feeling dirty sucks.

This man speaks the truth.

I shower at least twice a day. Once in the morning to wake up, and once at night to be clean before going to bed. Any occasion that requires a clothes change (like a date) gets another shower too.

I honestly don't understand how anyone can say they don't have the time. I just showered now. The whole process couldn't have taken more than ten minutes. Who can honestly say they don't have ten minutes?

DSN2K

once a day. (in the morning)

I admit some days I just dont go out and sit on my PC all day and dont take a shower(like today)

but tomorrow morning im going out so I get washed.

Beezy

Dagon said:
This man speaks the truth.

I shower at least twice a day. Once in the morning to wake up, and once at night to be clean before going to bed. Any occasion that requires a clothes change (like a date) gets another shower too.

I honestly don't understand how anyone can say they don't have the time. I just showered now. The whole process couldn't have taken more than ten minutes. Who can honestly say they don't have ten minutes?

I guess you don't pay for water where ever you live. Once a day is good enough unless you did something midday that caused you to get sweaty or unless you're going out somewhere important.

Loki

Count of Concision
Celicar said:
Just because I don't leave the apartment doesn't mean I'm not busy. For instance, today I did nothing but play Kotor II. Shit game btw.

Oh, well that explains everything... ;) :p

Dagon

Beezy said:
I guess you don't pay for water where ever you live. Once a day is good enough unless you did something midday that caused you to get sweaty or unless you're going out somewhere important.

How expensive is your water that you have to cut back on showers? Surely a five-minute shower isn't going to be a major investment, is it? (I'm not being sarcastic, I'd seriously like to know.)

Oh, and I live in the UK, and water is reasonably priced.

Dyne

Mike Works said:

Yeah, I'm glad I don't feel so odd being one of the only ones here who doesn't shower twice EVERY day. I live in Vancouver too, but I have friends who insist wasting water 3 times a day.

One colleague of mine used to shower 5 times a day. He was a marathon runner, and he had terrible acne. As soon as he toned down his shower addiction, his acne cleared up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom