• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How often do you take showers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draff

I shower once a day. Sometimes I don't when I'm up until 4-5am but then I usually shower the morning after.

I can't stand the feeling of waking up with a thick layer of grease all over my pillow from my hair.

Geez I wasn't going to post in this thread 'cause I felt like a dirty bastard compared to most of you. Thank god for Mike Works (in general).

Once every other day. Unless I've done something to make me sweaty, or I'm going out that evening and didn't shower that morning.

Seriously, some of you with your, I feel dirty if I don't shower 4 times a day, it's probably in your head. And while one shower may not use that much water, over the course of the year, even 1 unnecessary shower a day is going to add up.

Wendo

Vasectomember
Now here's my question to you folks that shower two or three times a day:

Does this mean that you change your complete outfit two or three times a day? Meaning, you go through two pairs of pants, two pairs of socks, etc?

The cost of laundry boggles the mind. But then again, I suppose some people have the luxury of a washing machine in their home that isn't coin-operated.

Mr Gump

Banned
Twice a day. I also use 2 different types of deoderants in conjunction with eachother and also use cologne.

I get complimented on how i smell all the time :)

Mr Gump

Banned
Wendo said:
Now here's my question to you folks that shower two or three times a day:

Does this mean that you change your complete outfit two or three times a day? Meaning, you go through two pairs of pants, two pairs of socks, etc?

The cost of laundry boggles the mind. But then again, I suppose some people have the luxury of a washing machine in their home that isn't coin-operated.
If i shower first thing in the morning im usually just in underpants or shorts anyway, in which case (if its shorts), ill put them back on when i have a shower before i go to bed.

I always have a shower just before going out though. I feel better and look better.

lexy

I don't understand how anyone can take more than two showers a day (one in the morning, and a second one at night or before you go out). When you take that third shower do you put on the same clothes you were wearing before you took the shower (including underwear)? Also, how do you find the time to take a shower more than two times a day? When I'm out and about I'm usually out for the entire day, I can't imagine finding the time to take three, four or five showers a day even if I wanted to. Then again, maybe our definition of what a shower actually involves is just different.

Anyway, I usually take a shower in the morning and, depending on what I was doing during the day, (sports, swimming, working out, haircuts, etc.) another before I go out again or later in the day. I usually don't take a shower right before going to bed because I don't have a specific bed time, instead I've resolved to wash my sheets more often.

aoi tsuki

i'm somewhere between once a day and once every other day. It's a time issue for me, because my skin is dry, so it takes at least as long to lotion up after showering as the actual showering, especially in the winter. The only time i take more than one shower a day is when i'm really sweaty from working out, or had was going out/had a date. If i'm really short on time, i'll just wash up in the sink (i've heard them called "bird baths"), washing the offending bits that actually get hot and sweaty.

i generally don't sweat much, and i don't stink. Your diet determines your smell to an extent as well, and as a vegetarian i'm pretty safe in that respect.

Santo said:
I'm 5'6 and weigh 250 lbs usually girls don't even look my way.. so I usually stay inside and play games/order pizza.

santostruthers.jpg

Once every other evening, twice a week with sauna usually. I shower more often if I get dirty for some reason. You know, the more often you take showers, the faster your hair and skin get greasy. When I used to shower every day I felt like crap if I missed a day.

Kola

Every morning, every evening, unless I get home in a totally drunken condition in which I don't even remember my name. Then I just collaps in my bed.

Azih

In summer I get up to two a day depending on how muggy it is/sweaty I am.

In winter, once every 2-3 days.

At least once between when I wake up and go to sleep. Sometimes right after I wake up other times before I go to work. After DDR showering is also requirement.

I use whatever shampoo and bodywash my fiancee buys. Presently I think it's Aussie Mega Shampoo and SoftSoap body wash with some sort of mint or scrubby beads in it. I also have to shave every other day, as part of my side burn maintainence. Shaving everyday just results in me shaving nonexistant stubble and getting lots of little cuts.

btrboyev

At least once a day, i try to make it twice. morning and night. I can't imagine only showering a few times a week..talk about a serious case of fromunda

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Usually everyday. Very rarely I'll skip a day if I never leave the house. But if I'm gonna be out I'm gonna be clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom