• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Peeps that are 28 and up , how late are you willing to go if a friend invites you to hang out?

Mondai

A friend of mine invited me out to drink at his place at 9pm and I had to decline (I don't drink and it was 9pm , thats way to late for me to go out, feels like a waste of time to go out so late). The latest I would go out to hang is 2pm now , I like to take advantage of the day and stay out for hours with friends.When I do hang out , I normally hang with from 8-9am onwards.

Mistake

Depends on the circumstances. At someone's house maybe 10:30 the latest to quit and go home (and if they have no kids.) Out at a bar like 12-1. People feel more imposed when it's at their house

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
A friend of mine invited me out to drink at his place at 9pm and I had to decline (I don't drink and it was 9pm , thats way to late for me to go out, feels like a waste of time to go out so late). The latest I would go out to hang is 2pm now , I like to take advantage of the day and stay out for hours with friends.When I do hang out , I normally hang with from 8-9am onwards.
man if someone asks me to hang out at 8am I'm telling them to get outta here. It sounds like you're just an early bird.

Sleepwalker

I'm not even awake at 9am to hang out with nobody. If we are going to play sports yes, but hanging out early in the morning? what kind of psycho are you?

9pm is fine for me unless It's a long drive/commute.

Mondai

I'm not even awake at 9am to hang out with nobody. If we are going to play sports yes, but hanging out early in the morning? what kind of psycho are you?

9pm is fine for me unless It's a long drive/commute.
I like to take advantage of the day :p

I'm lucky enough to have personal friends that all really prioritize videogames or movies over drinking.

We'll rarely initiate post 9pm hangouts but if a hangout begins around 6pm to 7pm we'll usually always go well past 9pm until around 12pm or so.

LordOfChaos

Yeah really depends on the situation and my mood. For a scheduled party I'd go out 9, 10 maybe, any later than that is getting late unless I'm already out nearby.

Muffdraul

If someone called me at 9pm and said, "Come over right now for beers" that would be weird and I'd probably decline no matter how young and spry I was.

But if they said, "Cruise over tonight at 9pm," I could hang with that. I was always a night owl and that didn't change until my mid 30s.

Today at 54, if a friend invites me for beers a month from now... "I dunno, I'm kinda busy."

SpiceRacz

Hanging out is almost always an evening thing for me. If there's beers involved, I'll go until last call or whenever the party ends. Whichever comes first.

drunk the rock GIF by ALL SEEING EYES

Mossybrew

I haven't been into hanging out late in a long time. I like my sleep man, like to wind down in peace beforehand. I'll go out around dinnertime like 4-6 and you better let me know a week in advance at least. I'm a homebody these days.

Skyfox

Having a young kid and then covid kinda ruined my social life.

Trying to get it back but it's a slog because work was too intense this year too.

I keep hoping things will improve and the truth is they gradually are so, here's to a fun 2024 for us all!

Last edited:

Pejo

If the friend needed me for an important reason I'd be available whenever.

If it's just to grab a beer and shoot the shit, I probably wouldn't leave my house past 10PM anymore.

YukiOnna

I don't stay out past 8-9PM, of course there are exceptions depending on what's happening, but I'd rather check out by then. Although, I prefer meeting earlier and being done by 4-5. Luckily, the company I am with are the of the same mindset.

If it's not happy hour/right after work, there's almost zero chance I'm going back out to meet people after I've already gotten home. If it's a special occasion or a long time friend who lives far away and happens to be in town, I'll probably come back out unless it's past 8 or so. If later than that, I'll catch them next time.

Ownage

Late 40-something guy here. Latest is 11pm unless she's hot and a sure thing.

Most of the time, nothing after 10pm.

Last edited:

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
I have enough Friends to count on one hand. Everyone else? Acquaintances.
With that mentioned, I would go to the Moon and back for my Friends. Including driving 150 miles to hang out for a few hours and drive home.
This was recent. I Love my Friends.

Edit: 40 something that basks in the Lazarus Pit, I look early mid twenties/thirties.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If it's a work day the next day, maybe 9-10 pm. By that time I had enough.

If it's Friday or Saturday night hanging out or eating out somewhere I'm usually done by midnight or so. If there's a bunch of us I'm often the first one to bail.

StueyDuck

Do people in other countries not have normal social lives 🤣.

You just go and you stay as long as you need and sometimes that might end up at midnight and you are driving home late, sometimes it might be a chilled lunch or a rugby game or whatever.

The only time you need to worry about anything is if you have someone else relying on you like a child who needs you home or if you have work the next day.

Some of you really overthink life, no wonder everyone today suffers from all these mental health issues. People have forgotten how to exist without the internet

Last edited:

Little Mac

Gold Member
I try to be asleep by 9pm haha I'm usually up by 4:30-5 and at the gym usually by 6:30ish. When I hang with friends and family its preferably in the 5-8pm range (usually around dinner) or earlier if its the weekend.

thief183

Do people in other countries not have normal social lives 🤣.

You just go and you stay as long as you need and sometimes that might end up at midnight and you are driving home late, sometimes it might be a chilled lunch or a rugby game or whatever.

The only time you need to worry about anything is if you have someone else relying on you like a child who needs you home or if you have work the next day.

Some of you really overthink life, no wonder everyone today suffers from all these mental health issues. People have forgotten how to exist without the internet
This, totally agree.

What is the problem if an evening you get back home late? Are you going to be less productive? Who cares?! The world goes on with or without any of us. Go out , have fun, living a life like what some un this thread are doing, is not living at all, is just surviving.

Edit: I don't remember the last time I went to sleep before 2 am... maybe last month 1 time... not sure. And I'm the chief of a mechanical factory with 160 ppl working in it.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I still party on occasion if that's what you're getting at. I'm married now so I can't get raw dog like I used to, but I can still party with the best of them.

killatopak

We can stay until morning if need be. I just need to be informed of it before 10pm. Unfortunately my friends have a habit of calling me at 1am. Sometimes I don’t even bother looking at my phone cause I know the only people who are calling me at that time are exclusively those who are inviting me out for a drink.

ssringo

42 here. I'm not going out for anything late unless it's dinner so maybe 7pm. I'd actually rather be at home once it gets dark (hate driving at night) which would baffle my younger self. But if you want to play some co-op games I'll hang with you into the morning hours. Yes, even with work looming. Can't pull all nighters anymore but can still work off a couple hours sleep.

Top Bottom