• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How often do you use Postmates/DoorDash/Uber Eats/etc.?

How often do you order delivery?

• Pretty much every day

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • 3-5x a week

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • 1-3x a week

Votes: 12 12.2%
  • 1-3x a month

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • Pretty much never. I cook my own meals you lazy fuck.

Votes: 55 56.1%

• Total voters

Hari Seldon

They overcharge so much that the only conceivable reason to use these is if you don't have a car, are high as fuck, or you are balling so hard that paying 40% extra on food is no big deal.

That said my family started using Home Chef and it is really nice. I think it comes out to around $9/meal but so far the ingrediants have been fresh and it is much quicker to cook than Hello Fresh which I have used in the past. A good way to add variety to your home cooking (we do it 2x / week).

Tuff McNutt

I usually cook my own meals, but I did use Uber Eats a few times when I had coupons for it, however once I placed a couple of orders and saw that the fees added 25% to the cost, I almost never use it now. Maybe every few weeks when the weather is bad and I want to get food from a place that doesn't normally deliver.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Never.

Cooking your own meals are healthier, better tasting, cheaper and better for the environment.

If you don't know how to cook, then start learning this basic life skill and stop being a beta.

TylerD

I'm in the 1-3x a month, generally 1 time and including general food delivery from places that offer it. I can't bring myself to pay the additional higher costs of food on the menu plus delivery fee plus tips for a worse quality of food than if i drove and picked it up.

GeekyDad

Never used it, but when you think about it -- aside from the cost to use it -- it seems like basically the same thing as pizza delivery, which people have used for decades. This just opens the menu of foods up.

It's prohibitively expensive but once in awhile we'll use it. Otherwise I just cook. I'm not even a good cook but even my food usually tastes better than what we get at restaurants and at 1/10th the cost.

I'd honestly rather use it than eat at a restaurant these days, fucking looney experience here.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
You need to get Dash Pass if you wanna effectively use Doordash. Otherwise a $10 meal becomes $15+ every single time you order.

The delivery charges & fees are so high you will already start saving money on like your 3rd delivery.

Top Bottom