• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Howard Stern says presidency will be 'detrimental' to Trump's mental health

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Howard Stern says presidency will be 'detrimental' to Trump's mental health

Howard has publically backed Hillary Clinton-but hasn't said anything negative towards Trump even during the election-mostly because Trump had been a guest on the show for decades. Rather than speaking negative about Trump, he always seems to change the subject. Yesterday a caller called in to bring it up and Howard finally gave his thoughts on the matter as a "Friend" of Trump.

Howard Stern wishes Donald Trump had never run for president — for Trump's own sake.

During Wednesday's episode of his eponymous radio show, Stern said he doesn't think running the country is ”going to be a healthy experience" for Trump, whom he considers a longtime friend even though their political beliefs are very different.

”I personally wish that he had never run," Stern said. ”I told him that because I actually think this is something that is going to be detrimental to his mental health too, because he wants to be liked, he wants to be loved. He wants people to cheer for him."

Trump has made numerous appearances on Stern's show over the years, and the veteran shock jock said Wednesday, ”I like Donald very much personally. I was shocked when he decided to run for president and even more shocked that people took it seriously."

An avowed Hillary Clinton supporter, Stern said he remembers a time when Trump backed her as well. Questioning the sincerity of Trump's shift to the other end of the political spectrum, Stern added, ”I don't believe that, for example now, that he's had some sort of rethink on abortion and all this. I think he's sort of playing it to his constituency, which is this religious right."

Stern also addressed Trump's recent feuding with the entertainment industry and the media. ”He's now on this anti-Hollywood kick," Stern said. ”[Trump] loves Hollywood. First of all, he loves the press. He lives for it. He loves people in Hollywood. He only wants to hobnob with them. And all of this hatred and stuff directed towards him, it's not good for him. It's not good. Listen, there's a reason every president who leaves the office has gray hair."

Audio from the show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZUymflg8zY

Howard Stern Worries Trump's ‘Sensitive Ego' Won't Survive Presidency

The radio personality Howard Stern said that he believes the presidency will be "detrimental" to the mental health of his old friend Donald Trump — because he just wants to be loved.

"I personally wish that he had never run. I told him that. Because I actually think this is something that is going to be very detrimental to his mental health, too. Because he wants to be liked, he wants to be loved, he wants people to cheer for him," Stern said on his show broadcast on SiriusXM satellite radio on Wednesday. "I don't think this is going to be a healthy experience for him."

Stern and Trump have been friends for decades. When Trump was a New York City real estate mogul playboy in the 1990s and early 2000s, he was a frequent guest on Stern's radio show, where the two men often joked around and made raunchy comments about women. From Diana, the Princess of Wales, to Angelina Jolie, Trump and Stern often discussed famous women's looks and the businessman's chances of sleeping with them.

Stern made his reputation as a "shock-jock" in that era, but has reportedly mellowed with age. He was prompted to get into a lengthy discussion about Trump when a caller, "Mike From Maine," asked him to share memories of the now president from when he attended his wedding to Beth Ostrosky in 2008.

Stern and his co-host Robin Quivers, who sat next to Trump at his wedding reception, reminisced about the party and said that the president and his wife seemed to have such a good time that they were one of the last couples to leave.

Stern went on to reveal that he was "shocked" when Trump said he was going to run for president and it's actually been very "odd" for him personally because the two men have such divergent political views.

"It's very awkward for me personally because I like Donald a lot. I do. I like him a lot. But I'm not a guy who thinks the same way politically," said Stern. "And I don't even know that he thought this way politically a couple of years ago."

Stern, who said he was a huge Hillary Clinton supporter, as well as pro-abortion rights, said he remembers when he and the president shared the same beliefs.

"So the new Donald Trump kind of surprised me," said Stern.

He is worried that the president's "sensitive ego" won't stand up to the demands of being the leader of the free world and the criticism that comes with it.

"I know something about Donald Trump, he really does want to be loved. He does want people to really love him. And that drives him a lot. I think that he has a very sensitive ego. And when you're president of the United States people are going to be very, very critical."

Regarding the recent executive order to ban immigration from seven Muslim countries, Stern said, "I think his motive is, 'Wow, people will love me because I'm going to keep terrorists out of the country.' And I think he's genuinely shocked when people say, wait a second there is more to this..."

Stern says he warned Trump that he is "not going to be beloved" as president and that taking on the job would be a "nightmare" for the 70-year-old.
"And that's why Donald is calling for voter fraud investigation. He's pi--ed he won!" said Stern. "He's hoping he can find some voter fraud and hand it over to Hillary!"

Considering how it runs through people who are eminently qualified for the job I can't imagine how Trump will do

He may even thrive

Valhelm

contribute something
Trump is an overweight old man with a poor sleep schedule and bad eating habits. These four years could fuck him up bad.

Travo

You can tell it's already taken a toll. He can't even focus on real topics because his ego makes him focus on the media and petty squabbles.

Got

Banned
Howard's a fucking coward when it comes to Trump. Motherfucker whines about Roger Waters raging against Israel, but his own friend is an anti-semite and he's mum about that.

killroy87

If there's any person who needs to shut the hell up more than Donald Trump, it's Howard Stern. I don't want Stern on my side, Trump can have him.

DJ_Lae

I fully expect him to completely break down at some point, if he's not kicked out first. I just hope that any meltdown doesn't result in complete destruction of the US.

And all of this hatred and stuff directed towards him, it’s not good for him.

It's hard to feel bad for Trump, at all.

jph139

Yeah, I buy that. And I definitely buy the bit about loving the media and Hollywood and all that. I think he's more jealous than anything else. Wants to be adored, wants people to listen to him.

Someone called Trump "what a poor person thinks a rich person is like" and I think it's accurate. Guy never learned that money can't buy class or respect.

Dalek

Howard's a fucking coward when it comes to Trump. Motherfucker whines about Roger Waters raging against Israel, but his own friend is an anti-semite and he's mum about that.

It's weird. He fucking RAILS against Roger Waters anytime it's brought up.

Got

Banned
It's weird. He fucking RAILS against Roger Waters anytime it's brought up.

I always looked up to him for his free speech stuff and his show was a huge part of my life for 30 years. I dropped Sirius a month ago when I realized he''d tow the line for Trump and pussy out on speaking out against him. Motherfucker is soft.

Dalek

I always looked up to him for his free speech stuff and his show was a huge part of my life for 30 years. I dropped Sirius a month ago when I realized he''d tow the line for Trump and pussy out on speaking out against him. Motherfucker is soft.

You can tell he doesn't approve of anything Trump is doing-but instead of "What a fucking idiot!" he says things like "Hmmm. Well that's odd." or "What do you think about that, Robin?"

How about our mental health?

But really I get where stern is coming from I guess? I think it is possible trump went completely off the deep end in a search for affection from the only group of people who would still support him. And that his inability to handle criticism and his massive insecurities led him to moving forward with horrible policy one after the other to get his base to back him because he physically cannot handle not being constantly praised

Got

Banned
You can tell he doesn't approve of anything Trump is doing-but instead of "What a fucking idiot!" he says things like "Hmmm. Well that's odd." or "What do you think about that, Robin?"

yeah, it's fucking so weak. when push comes to shove he's as hypocritical as can be.

BREAKING: Howard Stern concerned about the president's mental, does not comment on the mental health of those who voted for him.

LifEndz

I'd be wrecked over a soldier dying in some raid on the other side of the world that I authorized over dinner and wasn't even in the situation room during the raid, but rather tweeting in my bed. I can't even imagine what Fox News and repubs would say if the same happened during Obama's term.

Fuck Trump. This isn't mere rhetoric anymore. People are dying because of his insanity and we're not even a month in. I hope the pressure of the job becomes unbearable for him.

If the job exacts a toll on Trump, it wont be for the same reasons which would affect a normal human being. Trump is a pure sociopath and doesn't give a single shit about how his action affect anyone. What gets under his skin is the realiy of being less popular than his 'enemies'.
The stressing out and self delusion over his shitty inauguration turnout probably took six months off his life.

Glix

I think Stern is just jealous.

He was strongly considering a run at either Mayor or Gov a bunch of years back but pulled out due to the financial disclosure stuff.

Little did he know that if you are a giant asshole you are exempt! Jokes on him!

(I like much of Stern but I couldn't resist)

Jag

If there's any person who needs to shut the hell up more than Donald Trump, it's Howard Stern. I don't want Stern on my side, Trump can have him.

He's being fucking honest. He knows the guy well and he's laying it all on the table. I appreciate Stern's honesty. He's not on anyone's side, he's just telling it like it is whether you agree or not.

He very clearly said he's a Hillary supporter and he totally disagrees with Trump's politics.

Nokterian

I doubt he takes very good care of himself and it's only going to get worse.

Seen his wife after 13 days yet? I mean the first lady always had a presence..not this one.

Trump will not survive this..he is 70 years old and by any means like Hilary even said it, he doesn't have stamina.

The Kree

Banned
Stern clams up and changes the subject whenever police brutality comes up on his show as well. He's got a lot of blindspots where his friends are concerned. We all do.

None of my friends are white supremacists, though.

Stern is only thinking about the celebrity aspect of Trump but he is ignoring the greed aspect of Trump

Trump can be okay at sacrificing his celebrity if he can profit from being President

Servbot24

Banned
He's just gonna spend his time writing Tweets in his tower instead of being in the situation room. He's gonna be the least stressed President ever.

dankir

I don't see him being healthy at the end of 4 years or shudder 8.

OBAMA AGED LIKE 20 YEARS across his presidency, Drumpf is 70 and unhealthy. It's going to kill him.

Got

Banned
Stern clams up and changes the subject whenever police brutality comes up on his show as well. He's got a lot of blindspots where his friends are concerned. We all do.

None of my friends are white supremacists, though.

he doesn't just change the subject, he sucks their cocks and lets the police cum dribble down his chin.

Ogodei

Trump may have been socially liberal on some issues in the past, but the evidence is there that he's been racist as shit for a long time.

norinrad

Seen his wife after 13 days yet? I mean the first lady always had a presence..not this one.

Trump will not survive this..he is 70 years old and by any means like Hilary even said it, he doesn't have stamina.

Those who voted for him don't care about women and most of his supporters were women who wanted Hilary locked up in a passionate way. I doubt they care about the first lady's whereabouts.

LifEndz

You guys have me thinking what Trump is going to look like four years from now (if he makes it) and it's quite frightening.

jmdajr

You guys have me thinking what Trump is going to look like four years from now (if he makes it) and it's quite frightening.

aVPDK4n_700b.jpg

Keri

This is what I've been saying. It's obvious that Trump cares about his public perception and takes criticism very personally. Being President means having every action and statement reviewed by the public and being the biggest target for criticism. I don't think he's prepared for that and I definitely don't think he's going to like being President. I'd be surprised if he ran for another term. I feel like he'll want to resign, before his first year is over. Although, I doubt his ego will let him do that.

Oh man, how great would it be, if he covertly assisted in his own impeachment? Honestly, it would work out great for him. He could get out of the Presidency, but publicly maintain that the system was rigged against him and he had an AMAZING plan that would have fixed the country, for sure!

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Trump's mental health had better fucking move then, because most of the US is waiting.

Dresden

The president's "sensitive ego" will be responsible for so much suffering. Or is already, I guess. Stern is pathetic.

killroy87

He's being fucking honest. He knows the guy well and he's laying it all on the table. I appreciate Stern's honesty. He's not on anyone's side, he's just telling it like it is whether you agree or not.

He very clearly said he's a Hillary supporter and he totally disagrees with Trump's politics.

I'm not saying he's lying. I'm just saying I really dislike Howard Stern, and his word on anything means less than nothing to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom