• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Howard Stern says presidency will be 'detrimental' to Trump's mental health

Status
Not open for further replies.
This implies that the weight of his office weighs on him like it did his forebears.

He's watching TV and Pixar movies while people protest in mobs of hundreds of thousands literally on his doorstep. He's tweeting about the New York Times in the oval office while his intelligence staff is in the situation room without him trying to make a botched operation in Yemen work.

I doubt he ages much at all from the stress of the office because I don't think he cares or even acknowledges the stress of the office.

Enzom21

he doesn't just change the subject, he sucks their cocks and lets the police cum dribble down his chin.

When the FTC thing happened, he was bitching about invasion of privacy but he was very vocal about supporting stop and frisk. He'll support things that don't negatively affect him.

When the Howard news was covering Artie's rehab and Artie called Lisa G a cunt, Howard tried to defend the news and how they should be allowed to cover everything. Robin brought up Howard killing a story about the news finding out how much he spent on a gift for Beth and boy did he start stuttering. "Well that's the beauty of being me, Robin."

He is a massive hypocrite, always has been.

I am also fairly certain Robin voted for Trump. When they were asking people who they were voting for, she refused to say and she has been on the whole "Let's give him a chance." bullshit. King of all blacks was correct for once when he said she never defended Obama like she has Trump.

Boem

Is it okay if I post this again for the new page? I thought it was too funny to lose it at the bottom of the last one.

CeWPf_BWsAEEzZ9.jpg

tuxfool

Banned
This implies that the weight of his office weighs on him like it did his forebears.

True. Unlike other presidents, that had a conscience, the weight of the office won't weigh on him. But given the hatred he is brewing against himself by his actions, it will be those people protesting that will weigh upon him.

The dynamic of the show is interesting because of this whole thing too. Robin clearly hates Donald Trump but it appears that Howard and executive staff made everyone stay quiet about the subject in the hopes that they could get either candidate on their show, but specifically Trump given his past appearances. Now that he actually won the presidency I think secretly Howard still thinks there's a small chance he could make an appearance and doesn't want to burn any bridges he could have with him.

Ogodei

He's watching TV and Pixar movies while people protest in mobs of hundreds of thousands literally on his doorstep. He's tweeting about the New York Times in the oval office while his intelligence staff is in the situation room without him trying to make a botched operation in Yemen work.

I doubt he ages much at all from the stress of the office because I don't think he cares or even acknowledges the stress of the office.

The weight of responsibility doesn't effect him, but the fact that he lost by 3 million votes and is the most unpopular president in polling-recorded history very much does.

Dalek

The dynamic of the show is interesting because of this whole thing too. Robin clearly hates Donald Trump but it appears that Howard and executive staff made everyone stay quiet about the subject in the hopes that they could get either candidate on their show, but specifically Trump given his past appearances. Now that he actually won the presidency I think secretly Howard still thinks there's a small chance he could make an appearance and doesn't want to burn any bridges he could have with him.

Gary is pretty open about it - at least on the Wrap Up Show. And just based on Howard, Robin and Fred's political sentiments over the past it's clear they would be very opposed to what Trump is up to. But Gary is the only one vocal about it.

It's telling that Sal-the biggest dummy on the show (Who believed that Mexico shared a border with Japan) openly bragged about voting for Trump.

I remember during the early days of the campaign, they were wondering something about Trump. Gary made a phone call and 5 minutes later Trump was on the line to talk to them. He used to be this friendly persona that would come on and joke around. He clearly had a massive ego and was a creep about women, but this Evil Emperor persona didn't appear.

Got

Banned
When the FTC thing happened, he was bitching about invasion of privacy but he was very vocal about supporting stop and frisk. He'll support things that don't negatively affect him.

When the Howard news was covering Artie's rehab and Artie called Lisa G a cunt, Howard tried to defend the news and how they should be allowed to cover everything. Robin brought up Howard killing a story about the news finding out how much he spent on a gift for Beth and boy did he start stuttering. "Well that's the beauty of being me, Robin."

He is a massive hypocrite, always has been.

I am also fairly certain Robin voted for Trump. When they were asking people who they were voting for, she refused to say and she has been on the whole "Let's give him a chance." bullshit. King of all blacks was correct for once when he said she never defended Obama like she has for Trump.

yeah, she definitely seems to have been stupid enough to vote for him. she did vote for bush let's not forget.

Regardless of what you think of Stern's own politics, I think there's a lot of truth to his take on Trump. Trump wants to be loved more than anything, and hates being hated. But when he is hated and loved at the same time, he can only pay attention to the haters. So while he isn't stressed over the issues the way a normal president would be, he is most definitely stressed.

While I wouldn't go so far as to say he wished Hillary won, I do think he is really ambivalent about the job itself, and is full of rage and self-pity, and has little hope of climbing out of the pit he's in given the policies he's pursuing and the crew he's surrounded himself with. A pit full of vipers that are constantly leaking stuff that makes him look *terrible*! And another thing: Trump will probably never be welcome in New York City again -- imagine a man like him knowing that! And this is just week 2.

Hopefully things won't end in war, but in mere resignation and disgrace.

Damn, I think these are some very strong feelings that Stern believes is true. People are so hateful so off the bat and Stern prob thinks understanding this is key to communicating with him (Trump).

Dear Howard
It isn't about your friends, at this point it's about the threat to The health of everyone else who isn't a billionaire or runs a huge radio show.

You refused to say anything to your audience, presumably out of loyalty to his ego, knowing that him winning absolute power is probably gonna both destroy that same ego one way or another, and damage everyone else as well or worse.

Now you see this is heading where you know it would be heading and get out your little don't blame me piece.

Fuck you, you used to be funny in the 80s in the morning on FM, funny and harmless. What happened.

Fox Mulder

Leaves office a broken man with a ruined reputation and business image. Sounds great to me.

He decided to bang the racist drum about Obama's birthplace for years and align with that crowd. Fuck him.

Enzom21

yeah, she definitely seems to have been stupid enough to vote for him. she did vote for bush let's not forget.
She also seems quite out of it lately. She's doesn't seem to be able to follow a conversation anymore.
What kind of water faucets do you have you in your house?
I hate King of All blacks and his shuckin and jivin act. My faucets are Moen though...
Interesting that some of you are so sure Robin voted for Trump, and others are sure she hates him.

I mean, she shot coffee up her ass, did Ayahuasca and let some random dude rube rock and shit on her tits. Voting for Trump fits right in along with the rest of her crazy shit.

Got

Banned
She also seems quite out of it lately. She's doesn't seem to be able to follow a conversation anymore.

I hate King of All blacks and his shuckin and jivin act. My faucets are Moen though...

I mean, she shot coffee up her ass, did Ayahuasca and let some random dude rube rock and shit on her tits. Voting for Trump fits right in along with the rest of her crazy shit.

king of all blacks is the epitome of broken clock being right twice a day. that motherfucker is a trash human being

HaloSon

Banned
Trump was sent off to boarding school at 13. His parents never loved him. Explains alot when you think about that simple fact. He never got love from his own.

Enzom21

king of all blacks is the epitome of broken clock being right twice a day. that motherfucker is a trash human being

He's a racist. The way he acts and thinks is his racist idea of what he thinks black people are.
Dude grew up in the suburbs and is a walking, talking stereotype. "Ain't no niggas around here." fuck that dude.

bomma_man

There's gonna be a fucking GREAT movie about the Trump Whitehouse (hopefully a fever dream black comedy) if we survive this.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Obama's face melted.

E-Cat

"And that's why Donald is calling for voter fraud investigation. He's pi--ed he won!" said Stern. "He's hoping he can find some voter fraud and hand it over to Hillary!"
7WB763p.jpg

Got

Banned
He's a racist. The way he acts and thinks is his racist idea of what he thinks black people are.
Dude grew up in the suburbs and is a walking, talking stereotype. "Ain't no niggas around here." fuck that dude.

yeah, his racism is fucking profound. someone that ignorant is pretty astonishing. he revels in it too.

KingV

The weight of responsibility doesn't effect him, but the fact that he lost by 3 million votes and is the most unpopular president in polling-recorded history very much does.

It's crazy that the best case outcome for the Trump administration is that Trump has no defining political beliefs and manages in a way that maximizes his approval rating.

It also is one possible explanation of why 10 days into his Presidency there seems to be these weird shifts like promoting Russian sanctions and saying settlements aren't helpful. Bannon may have gotten where he is by convincing Trump that he had his finger on the pulse of the American public and that people would love these executive actions. Then when it works out differently, Trump just tries someone else's ideas. It's still a terrible situation, but best case is that Trump is just a dumb, gullible naive buffoon.

E-Cat

It's crazy that the best case outcome for the Trump administration is that Trump has no defining political beliefs and manages in a way that maximizes his approval rating.

It also is one possible explanation of why 10 days into his Presidency there seems to be these weird shifts like promoting Russian sanctions and saying settlements aren't helpful. Bannon may have gotten where he is by convincing Trump that he had his finger on the pulse of the American public and that people would love these executive actions. Then when it works out differently, Trump just tries someone else's ideas. It's still a terrible situation, but best case is that Trump is just a dumb, gullible naive buffoon.
It'd be awesome if there were a self-correcting evolutionary process that maximized Trump's approval rating over time, because that would mean drifting towards fairly liberal policies. Unfortunately, this is very unlikely to happen.

Dalek

yeah, his racism is fucking profound. someone that ignorant is pretty astonishing. he revels in it too.

"Howard admit it-you don't like it when Beth goes out without you."

how many times is he going to call in about this?

Enzom21

"Howard admit it-you don't like it when Beth goes out without you."

how many times is he going to call in about this?

Aside from Sal and Richard's phony phone calls, callers like King, Mariann from Brooklyn and Steve from Florida are the worst part of the show.
The non-sycophant calls are bad now too. Stern used to hangup on uninteresting callers, now he let's them ramble on. I don't think he gives a shit anymore and is just trying to run out the clock.

Is it okay if I post this again for the new page? I thought it was too funny to lose it at the bottom of the last one.

CeWPf_BWsAEEzZ9.jpg

One day Trump will pour water onto his adoring fans, and we'll be saying, at least this is better than the "water wars" of 2019.

tanooki27

I disagree. I think Howard knows damn well Donald won't do the show.

the bridges Howard wants to keep intact are between the show itself and what must be a sizable percentage of Trump voters.

theJwac

Aside from Sal and Richard's phony phone calls, callers like King, Mariann from Brooklyn and Steve from Florida are the worst part of the show.
The non-sycophant calls are bad now too. Stern used to hangup on uninteresting callers, now he let's them ramble on. I don't think he gives a shit anymore and is just trying to run out the clock.
I really wish he would go to war like in the old days. That Stern is gone though. Turk rules all. Trump would be a good choice for good old fashioned insult war. Then again, Artie is managing to disturb Howard to an extreme degree, but I don't think Howard would want to go to war with Artie. He'd blame himself when Artie leaves the planet.

Hopefully his physical health as well. I'd like to see him and the other fat slob have a heart attack

Too bad Pence looks ridiculously healthy

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
What kind of idiot campaigns in such an incendiary manner like he did when they don't actually want to win. Ugh.

He's like one of those Top Model contestants that barges into the competition taking someone else's spot and then bails out when they realise they have to have a makeover. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom