• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Howard Stern says presidency will be 'detrimental' to Trump's mental health

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jag

Terrific. All we need is an even more deranged Trump.

Seriously. At what point can you have a President committed for mental health issues? Because I see this being a thing in a year or two. Assuming we survive that long. (Damn you Dan Carlin for reminding us that Trump can wipe out the planet).

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I have a feeling Howard doesn't see Trump coming on the show anymore, but still wants to keep that bridge unburned for personal reasons. I did really notice when Robin did the news Monday, and she doesn't even mention the Muslim ban until halfway through...and Howard's like "Hmm. Anything else Robin?" Possibly one of the biggest, craziest political maneuvers in US history and he had nothing to say besides I told him not to run, and shoved to the back of the news? Well, they made sure to hammer home that the only people from the show who wanted him elected were the Wack Pack, Sal & Ronnie the Limo Driver...possibly the only comment you need to make about this.

It's weird. He fucking RAILS against Roger Waters anytime it's brought up.
I saw that Roger is nearly neighbors with Howard in the Hamptons, maybe that has something to do with it?

urge26

7WB763p.jpg

So much truth.... I think Trump got into this as a power trip and to expand his name/wealth. He walked away being leader of the free world and obviously has no clue on where to go from here other than to keep his word on his campaign promises. Would love to know what's going on in his head.

On topic, I also agree with what was said earlier, Howard was just laying out his feelings. The show hasn't been the same since Marcy whatever took over and it's mostly just being politically correct nowadays. Miss the old Howard.

BFIB

I've always felt Trump wanted to start his own media outlet, and use this base to push that agenda. He just underestimated the closet racists.

Yeah, I buy that. And I definitely buy the bit about loving the media and Hollywood and all that. I think he's more jealous than anything else. Wants to be adored, wants people to listen to him.

Someone called Trump "what a poor person thinks a rich person is like" and I think it's accurate. Guy never learned that money can't buy class or respect.

That's the impression I get a lot, too. It's kind of amazing to me that Trump has managed to do what he's done for so long and get away with it.

Got

Banned
I have a feeling Howard doesn't see Trump coming on the show anymore, but still wants to keep that bridge unburned for personal reasons. I did really notice when Robin did the news Monday, and she doesn't even mention the Muslim ban until halfway through...and Howard's like "Hmm. Anything else Robin?" Possibly one of the biggest, craziest political maneuvers in US history and he had nothing to say besides I told him not to run, and shoved to the back of the news? Well, they made sure to hammer home that the only people from the show who wanted him elected were the Wack Pack, Sal & Ronnie the Limo Driver...possibly the only comment you need to make about this.

I saw that Roger is nearly neighbors with Howard in the Hamptons, maybe that has something to do with it?

nope it's strictly his views on Israel. Howard is a closet racist when it comes to the middle east. he constantly harps on the plot of land pre-Israel as being a mud pit that no one wanted but once the jews got it everyone hated Israel. he's woefully inept on the issues and anyone who speaks poorly of the Israeli occupation is an anti-semite.

sazzy

Also, he lives alone in the White House.

Other Presidents would've had tempering effects of seeing their families after making difficult decisions all day.

Not him.

Enzom21

Howard's one of those people who views any and all criticism of Israel as antisemitism. Any antisemitisim, real or imagined will draw his ire.
It could also be another Amanda Peet situation.

Got

Banned
Howard's one of those people who views any and all criticism of Israel as antisemitism. Any antisemitisim, real or imagined will draw his ire.
It could also be another Amanda Peet situation.

yeah, fake anti-semitism for him is bad. the real shit spewed from his friends, that's cool.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Also, really agree with Howard that he feels like this is a different guy than the he thought he knew. A lot of people see it as phony pandering to a forgotten market, but 9/11 drove a lot of people completely insane and he appears to be one of them. The birth certificate horseshit was enough to show this. That day really destroyed a lot of people's sanity, and every intention Bin Laden had seems to have taken root and now we're sort of destroying ourselves without his aid.

Interesting that some of you are so sure Robin voted for Trump, and others are sure she hates him.

I listened to their reaction to the election results on YouTube awhile ago and it didn't sound like Robin voted for Trump. Paraphrasing here but she basically described election night as harrowing.

But yeah seems like she won't come out and say it so the doubt will remain.

Gigglepoo

Wait, Stern says he thinks Trump is pandering to the religious right now but the two have always had very different political views? Which is it?

Dalek

I listened to their reaction to the election results on YouTube awhile ago and it didn't sound like Robin voted for Trump. Paraphrasing here but she basically described election night as harrowing.

But yeah seems like she won't come out and say it so the doubt will remain.

There was something on the news the other day she read with anger-I forget the exact details but it was one of these Executive Orders-and when she was done, Howard didn't react. She said to him "You really think this is a good thing???"

So it seems like she really hates what's happening but she isn't coming out and saying "fuck Trump".

gfxtwin

How does he want to be loved, though? First off, has he shown he's even capable of love enough to know what it is? I'm guessing Howard was basically saying Trump desperately wants attention, good OR bad, doesn't matter to him.

Got

Banned
There was something on the news the other day she read with anger-I forget the exact details but it was one of these Executive Orders-and when she was done, Howard didn't react. She said to him "You really think this is a good thing???"

So it seems like she really hates what's happening but she isn't coming out and saying "fuck Trump".

her stance on BLM is fucking abhorrent though, that's a definite

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
So basically all the people who should be coming down hard on Trump, Matt and Trey and now Stern, are the only ones easing back on him?

Jumeira

Banned
He's an old man, probably the oldest president during my lifetime, I think the weight that comes along with this job will wear him down shortly. But then, as an ego maniac, being the most powerful man in the world might be too good for him to pass up.

tribal24

Banned
I always looked up to him for his free speech stuff and his show was a huge part of my life for 30 years. I dropped Sirius a month ago when I realized he''d tow the line for Trump and pussy out on speaking out against him. Motherfucker is soft.

Yup he is a coward, i stopped listening because of that because he talks about everything else but when it comes to trump he either paints him in a good light or doesn't even speak out on his injustice.

Lol, if true, he's probably hoping that that voter fraud investigation finds something, which it probably won't, which means he's stuck there....Suffering....As we all suffer..... :(

mattiewheels

While most people here see Howard's comments as apolegetic and light-touch towards Trump, here's Alex Jones to say "how dare Howard Stern call this presidential run a publicity stunt run amok!! And how DARE he call Donald a secret liberal!!!"

https://youtu.be/XUmBWa-HM2o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom