• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC Vive is now $599 (+ Tilt Brush,Everest VR,Richie's Plank Exp)

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Just realized there is alreay a thread. Mod Feel free to lock/merge this

https://blog.vive.com/us/2017/08/21/htc-vive-announces-price-drop/

Following Oculus's price drop, HTC has just adjusted the price of HTC Vive from $799 to $599! Oculus Rift will cost $499 after the summer sales end
It will come with the following:
  • Google Tilt Brush
  • Everest VR
  • Richie's Plank Experience
  • Viveport Subscription free trial

Starting today (8/21), we are reducing the price of Vive by $200. The high-end, PC-based consumer Vive that is in market today, and will be for the foreseeable future, will now be available for $599. All Vive purchases come with a free trial to Viveport Subscription, where consumers can choose up to 5 titles per month to experience, and copies of some of the most popular pieces of VR in Google’s Tilt Brush, EverestVR, and Richie’s Plank Experience.

Also Vive Tracker announcement soon
New Tracker software and hardware is coming online daily, and we’ll have more to share on consumer launch timing soon. In addition, many partners are working hard on wireless solutions to bring even more freedom for Vive owners.

Shifty

Good to see Vive getting competitive, though I would have dropped it to $499 for a short period to try and nab some of that Oculus sale mone before bumping it back up to $599 for the long-term.

Anyway, armchair CEO-ing over, more people being able to access VR can only be a good thing. I've no regrets about grabbing a Rift in the sale. The touch controllers and ergonomics are way nicer than the Vive we have at the office.

Also lol at the Viveport stuff. Who? The least relevant service in the medium, that's who!

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
How soon can we expect next gen VR Headsets? This is kinda tempting but I want the tech to move forward first.

Edit: already a thread for this
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1421742

Wow i didnt realize there's already a thread

As for gen 2 we can only speculate, but safe to say not this year though. Valve has already send out gen 2 VR knuckle controllers to developers, to implement it into their VR titles and to get feedback. LG is going to release their SteamVR headset early next year, no idea it will have what improvement over what we have now. HTC is releasing Vive Trackers, and their standalone HTC Vive that runs on Google Daydream later this year so a Vive 2 is out of the question.

I am guessing mid next year if we are lucky

Top Bottom