• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC Vive shipment delays/issues

From your G2Crowd link, I wonder if this is why HTC is having such a huge issue getting the :01 - :04 people figured out:

Other review sites seem to say the same. From previous reviews it sounds like HTC is asking them questions on our behalf and being told everything is okay. Then digital river being digital river isn't following through with it.

Qassim

lol okay. Because HTC is the only company struggling to role out their VR hardware. It's probably due to some part being in limited supply or something. Have some patience.
Limited supply has little to do with the many legitimate problems people are having with this launch.

I don't think people would be complaining anywhere near as much or as loudly if it was just stock constrained.

Many factors make an awful company, you've stated one, terrible communication.

This. It's probably the most egregious mistake you can make in a world that's so connected socially. Even if your message is repeating that you screwed up and are working on it, people tend to be less pissy so long as someone is talking to them. The blog post hasn't helped, shipments are still going out out of sequence and their CSRs are still providing conflicting information.

I'm assuming their entire logistics setup for Vive is a disaster at this point, but they should be fine if they can get sorted for next week. I'm losing confidence that they're capable of doing so though.

taoofjord

Here's hoping US GAF gets some shipping notifications today. They typically go out 1 to 2 hours from now.

If we don't see movement in the next few days I don't think they'll be able to fuffill their April pre-orders In time.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Well one team at HTC know how to keep people informed. The team that sends out constant 'out contact details have changed' emails headlined as from 'HTC store' so you get a tiny glimmer of hope before the cruel realisation. If they wanted to troll us they'd have trouble doing it better than this right now.

artsi

I ordered April 1st (got the April date) and they put a 930€ hold on my bank account. 10 days later and the hold is still there, but nothing else.

If you want to keep my money then at least ship it, ffs.

I ordered April 1st (got the April date) and they put a 930€ hold on my bank account. 10 days later and the hold is still there, but nothing else.

Really curious to see when you get yours. I ordered the same day and have the April date.

spekkeh

Banned
lol okay. Because HTC is the only company struggling to role out their VR hardware. It's probably due to some part being in limited supply or something. Have some patience.
If they send us an e-mail stating hey we're sorry, one of our suppliers has problems delivering enough screens, we expect a delay of about one week, instead of eight automated emails with an empty message body and absolutely nothing else, this thread would have zero posts. Seems like something an intern would take one day to do.
Instead HTC and DigitalRiver are both apparently incompetent companies doing some kind of arcane legal blaming dance all the while lying to their customers about the affair.

Dineren

Banned
Glad I got my Oculus today. I'm still looking forward to getting the Vive, but as an :02 order I'm starting to worry that I've still got a long wait ahead of me. At least I'll have some form of VR to occupy me.

ducksauce8188

Neo Member
My order just says "Boxed Shipment" and May in it. I called their customer support and the idiot couldn't even tell me what "Boxed Shipment" meant. I asked him if that meant that they have boxed my shipment and dude was just silent. I wish I would have put the order on my credit card but I was an idiot and used my debit. There won't be anything less than $3k in the account until that order goes through. lol

kaskade

If you go on the vive site and look under your account order does it list anything under shipment month? My email said May and it never updated that page. Also, just says submitted under status.

TheCrow

Damn you slow scrubs!
rage.gif
:05 here and nothing but I'm hoping that's just because I can't get fedex notifications since its coming to where I work. Let's see if I wake up to a HTC notification.

Karak

I have a confirmation email with that timestamp.

Nah, IN, so not far though.

...that's like fucking praying to Paul Bunion lol. I thought it was some actual number I have been looking for half an hour lol. Or actually I have been looking for :30

That being said. Good luck to all. I have a feeling its going to get rough before it gets better for many of us.

...that's like fucking praying to Paul Bunion lol. I thought it was some actual number I have been looking for half an hour lol. Or actually I have been looking for :30

That being said. Good luck to all. I have a feeling its going to get rough before it gets better for many of us.

If I have an order confirmation that came in at :02, then there's no way I placed my order any later than that, yeah? And those emails are usually sent out within seconds. I'd say it's a good enough barometer.

Soi-Fong

Both for Oculus and HTC. Both companies have been horrible from the get go regarding shipping.

I'm Hoping Sony's release of PSVR is smoother.

IMACOMPUTA

Damn you slow scrubs!
rage.gif
:05 here and nothing but I'm hoping that's just because I can't get fedex notifications since its coming to where I work. Let's see if I wake up to a HTC notification.

To be fair, I wasn't slow. Their dumb ass site had a countdown to a blank page. I refreshed for a couple minutes and the panicked/went to gaf and found a steam link to preorder.
It was fucking dumb.

Karak

If I have an order confirmation that came in at :02, then there's no way I placed my order any later than that, yeah? And those emails are usually sent out within seconds. I'd say it's a good enough barometer.

Well technically there is not a legality for that and it depends on what systerm they were using for entry as the email can be sent prior to the completion and queue entry fo the order. I used to set up purchasing centers around the world that took both online and phone orders. That's why I asked as I thought maybe there was a verified queue(which do exist in some centers) versus a virtual connection queue. Hopefully its somewhat aligned though but high volume can absolute induce havoc.

No biggie though just wondering.

Both for Oculus and HTC. Both companies have been horrible from the get go regarding shipping.

I'm Hoping Sony's release of PSVR is smoother.

Yep. So a I man. So am I!

Qassim

Daniel O'Brien is comitting to this week being a 'good week' for pre-orders globally. So hopefully mine ships this week (again, UK 02 CC pre-order). He also 'guarantees all April pre-orders' so at the very worst, I should get it before my new estimated shipment date for the Rift:

23/5/2016 - 02/06/2016 (lol)

Jimrpg

This. It's probably the most egregious mistake you can make in a world that's so connected socially. Even if your message is repeating that you screwed up and are working on it, people tend to be less pissy so long as someone is talking to them. The blog post hasn't helped, shipments are still going out out of sequence and their CSRs are still providing conflicting information.

I'm assuming their entire logistics setup for Vive is a disaster at this point, but they should be fine if they can get sorted for next week. I'm losing confidence that they're capable of doing so though.

I just think most of the people in power are balancing a lot of issues right now, and not just from frustrated customers, from suppliers, distributors, contractors etc etc. I bet if the preorders started cancelling they will do something. As always, money talks. Everything else is secondary (to these people).

derFeef

How do you all get your :02 :01 numbers and the likes? Are those number you get after your order is confirmed and not just submitted?

Reallink

:01 still with nothing, saw some :05+'s in the same and neighboring states got confirmation tonight. Looks like they're still shipping out of order, no real pattern evident in the reports, seemed as random as last week.

spekkeh

Banned
Well I ordered around 06ish, but only got the confirmation mail at :27. Though was still April part 1, whereas a friend of mine who ordered 08ish was April part 2.

kinggroin

Banned

April??

How the fuck?

I ordered mine March 2nd and got May as my shipping date.

spekkeh

Banned
Well I ordered around 06ish, but only got the confirmation mail at :27. Though was still April part 1, whereas a friend of mine who ordered 08ish was April part 2.

Ids habidding!

Got my shipping mail in Český (Czech), which of course I'm fluent in (not at all), but it's going to be delivered... probably the only day of the week I'm not there to pick it up. Perfect.

artsi

April??

How the fuck?

I ordered mine March 2nd and got May as my shipping date.

Because their system sucks and when an order is cancelled, the spot is released for new orders instead of pushing people up the queue, and I managed to get an April spot.

They're saying they're still processing according to order times, but no one knows if that's really happening.

Support confirmed I'm in the first wave and payment was successful, but again... no one knows, lol.

simonski

Because their system sucks and when an order is cancelled, the spot is released for new orders instead of pushing people up the queue, and I managed to get an April spot.

They're saying they're still processing according to order times, but no one knows if that's really happening.

Support confirmed I'm in the first wave and payment was successful, but again... no one knows, lol.

I think they best we (filthy queue jumpers) can hope for is to be included in the first wave, but shoved to the end due to the order timestamp (which they claim they are checking, to ensure everything is sent in order). If they spot a wave 1 with an April timestamp we're completely doomed.

I just received a phone call from HTC asking me to tell the bank they will take the money in 2 days, and they will ship Monday or Tuesday.......sigh but at least it's something (UK) +07 minute order.

artsi

I think they best we (filthy queue jumpers) can hope for is to be included in the first wave, but shoved to the end due to the order timestamp (which they claim they are checking, to ensure everything is sent in order). If they spot a wave 1 with an April timestamp we're completely doomed.

Yeah, anything can happen really, just feels strange that my card was charged already if they're not planning to ship.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I just received a phone call from HTC asking me to tell the bank they will take the money in 2 days, and they will ship Monday or Tuesday.......sigh but at least it's something (UK) +07 minute order.

good start. Although if you take the money on Thursday, ship that fucker on Thursday or Friday.

And don't call me - I already told my bank ages ago, the last time you sent the payment request incorrectly. It would also be nice if they could process payment during daytime hours so we can react if the bank needs to contact us again.

Top Bottom