• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HUGE EU PSN Sale - 500+ games on sale (Mainly Japanese?)

Jimrpg

Not sure about Yakuza 0. Another 40+ hour game after playing through NieR, Horizon (which I've barely started) and Persona 5 will just become tiring.

It's one of those games where you put as much time in as you want. The story is 25-30 hours, but if you want to do side quests, mini games you can take anywhere between 40-100 hours depending on how much you want to do. You can always go back and do side stuff in Premium Adventure mode after the main story.

But yeah Q1 was chock full of long games, in fact I feel like every game is overly long these days.

Just bought Odin's Sphere Leifrathing. I hope it's good.

Why is everyone telling people to buy Yakuza 0?

Just about every other 'BIG' game Nier, Nioh, Persona 5, Resident Evil VII, Zelda sold millions but Yakuza 0 should be right up there except its not, estimates put it at around 100-200k copies sold. There's a lot of happy fans that have completed 0 and love it. It's a series that's been going on ten years and deserves to breakout. Especially now that 0 is really the best of the lot.

Of course sales don't lie, there are probably plenty of reasons why it doesn't sell, but if you're at all intrigued, you should watch some youtube videos and see if its for you.

Yakuza Zero £20 with plus ������

Buy Yakuza 0.

Buy Yakuza 0.

Please buy Yakuza 0 peoples.

Time to finally buy Yakuza 0 :D

Yakuza 0 is my GOTY so far, highly recommended.

The Yakuza 0 Sale hype will not end!

Yes. Good. Yakuza 0 for everyone.

buy Yakuza 0 people. it's a gem

Buy Yak 0

Buy Yakuza 0 people

OléGunner;242641698 said:
There's a massive "Big In Japan banner" on PS store home page.
Excitedly thought Nier was waiting for me finally after missing the last sale.

Nope.

But buy Yakuza 0 people, change your life.

Please buy Yakuza 0. I promise you will not regret it.

Y'all amazing.

kmax

Yakuza 0
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
Until Dawn (through PlayStation Plus 14 day trial)

Total

57.33 EUR

What a beautiful fucking day.

oni-link

So after deleting tons and tons of install data, I finally managed to free up enough space to grab Yakuza 5 on PS3

Considering Strider on PS3 and the PSN versions of FFV and MGS

Anyone able to comment on how good/bad/playable those above 3 versions are?

Edit: How is The Dracula X Chronicles? Can you play the games with the original graphics from the get go?

I don't like the low poly 3D look but want to play those games (SOTN and Rondo of Blood)

Gunkankun

How is Persona 4 Dancing All Night on PSVITA?

Depends on your love for rhythm games and persona 4. I enjoyed it alot, but the plot wasnt that compelling and there are harder, more indepth rhythm games out there. If youre looking for some not-so-challenging rhythm fun and some remixed persona tracks, go for it

Oreiller

Edit: How is The Dracula X Chronicles? Can you play the games with the original graphics from the get go?

I don't like the low poly 3D look but want to play those games (SOTN and Rondo of Blood)

You have to unlock them ingame. It shouldn't take too long using a guide though.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Already bought the Unfinished Swan (only €3, wtf) and The Sexy Brutale. Will wait a while longer for Edith Finch and Blackwood Crossing, but Yakuza 0 is seriously tempting at €25.

Can only afford 1 game, either FFXII or Yakuza 0. Also interested in Tales of Berseria but will get that another time. Sad Nier wasn't discounted but also happy since it would have made my choice more difficult.

PaRappa 7,74€
Godzilla 4,99€
Rogue Galaxy 5,99€
Dark Chronicle 5,99€

Those are a couple of games I'm interested in, but my backlog............

Lucreto

Okami HD, so good it's mentioned twice on that list.

The Suikoden series is also a must.

I seem to own most of that list already and the ones I don't I don't have time to play. FFXII will take me months to finish.

halfbeast

Banned
NtXFNSN.gif

sYx4lkd.jpg

h773rPZ.jpg

2590922-3988854157-kqz1p.gif

x5ynn7h.jpg

8873e4657e134bc866ae829b9209c429.gif

(she's bi)

Tizoc

So after deleting tons and tons of install data, I finally managed to free up enough space to grab Yakuza 5 on PS3

Considering Strider on PS3 and the PSN versions of FFV and MGS

Anyone able to comment on how good/bad/playable those above 3 versions are?

Get the complete save file from gamefaqs and copy them to ur psp or vita
Go into options in those 2 games and fiddle with the display options a little to find ur best fit

Godzilla is horrendeous
Nah it is fine, just go in for the simple gameplay and geek out at the many nods to the movies

oni-link

You have to unlock them ingame. It shouldn't take too long using a guide though.

Thanks, not sure I'll bother then, is the actual main game decent?

So no one has any experience of the PSN version of FFV?

I take it the version of FFIV is decent?

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Just bought Persona 1 for vita.

Also Buy persona 5 and Yakuza 0 and valkyria chronicles for those who havnt. Best three games that i can see.

Tizoc

Read my post abobe mate
I unlocked them just hy copying the save data to my vita.

Ludens

Banned

I played both titles on PSX back in days, I suppose the PSN version on PS3 is the same. The games are pretty much the same you can play on SNES, with just a couple of FMV added in the beginning and ending of the game,
The only difference is PSX games take more time to load when opening menus, but they are very good.

Bought:
Resogun
Super stardust

Thinking of:
Muramasa complete (dragons crown is one of my favorit games, but mostly for the challenging game mechanics)

Benedict

So i'm currently on vacation for a month (away from my PS4, but have my Vita with me).
I will then work for a month up in the Swedish mountains (fjäll), off-grid with no electricity for a month, but will go home during weekends.
Then I will have a hectic September-October as I try to tie up my current work before I probably begin a new one in November.
The sale is really great but I really don't have much time to play games this autumn.
Maybe wait for the next big sale?
Any titles that might disappear, or not go lower?

Got a Pro yesterday... Bought Wipeout and The Last Guardian, plus Resogun, thinking I could probably wait on a few of the games I wanted.

And today arrives:

Odin Sphere
Unfinished Swan
Dead Rising
Dead Nation (owned on PS3)
Galaga
Yakuza 0
Garou Mark of the Wolves
Samurai Shodown 6
Journey
Alienation
Hohokum
Rez Infinite (own on PS2)
Unfinished Swan

... timely! Not even sour on the Resogun sale.

RodzTF

So I can't buy the Sound Shapes Ultimate Bundle because I already own the PS+ version of the game. How very stupid. Sony are stopping people supporting the devs, even if it is a few quid thrown their way.

Picked up Amplitude though.

Eridani

How's the PS3 Everybody's Golf? I know basically nothing about the franchise (apart from the fact that it's supposed to be pretty good) but I'm kind of feeling like playing an arcade golf game so this looks pretty good.

I also see that there's two different versions:
Everybody's Golf: World Tour Complete Edition (3.99 GBP)
Everybody's Golf (3.29 GBP)

Which one's the better option?

Thud

Fuck me, going through the Sale pages is crazy. Some really good stuff so looks like no Collector Edition preorders for me.

Can anybody sell me on Digimon World: Next Order? I loved Cyber Sleuth but I know this is a very different game.

Do you know the old Digimon World games? Well Next Order is exactly that type of game, but with modern refinements of course.

If that doesn't appeal to you there's a new digimon story game coming, which is a sequel to cyber sleuth.

RodzTF

How's the PS3 Everybody's Golf? I know basically nothing about the franchise (apart from the fact that it's supposed to be pretty good) but I'm kind of feeling like playing an arcade golf game so this looks pretty good.

I also see that there's two different versions:
Everybody's Golf: World Tour Complete Edition (3.99 GBP)
Everybody's Golf (3.29 GBP)

Which one's the better option?

Both brilliant titles. Pick them both up.

World Tour was the first PS3 game, whilst EG was the Vita port, and had some gameplay improvements over WT. WT is better graphically yet EG plays a little better.

Hours and hours of fun for such a small cost and will get you up to speed for the new one.

Top Bottom